E36 Windshield Wiper assembly

Old November 30th 04, 05:20 PM
Gabe Knuth

Default E36 Windshield Wiper assembly

Howdy,

A problem popped up this morning with the windshield wipers on my 97 328i,
which is nice because it's snowing. The motor is running, but I hear a dull
clunking sound as what I assume is the motor not making contact with the
transmission. Has anyone taken apart their wiper mechanism? Is it a pain?
I can get a transmission, I'm sure, but I want to know if it's worth my time
to do it myself.

Thanks,
Gabe
Old December 2nd 04, 12:07 AM
Bill

Maybe, what you are trying to say is:

I have tried to clear a mountain of snow from my windscreen by using my
wipers because I was too lazy to clean the screen myself. As a result, my
wipers have stopped working, even though the motor works. Because I spent
all my money on this car to look good, I can not afford to pay a dealer to
fix my problem.

Therefore, can anyone help me bodge my car so it works again? BTW, I will
not give you any money because I spent it on the BMW.

om...

Old December 2nd 04, 04:14 PM
Gabe Knuth

For your information, asshole, the wipers worked for one revoltion, then
quit working - after I removed snow and ice. Quit trying to be funny.

I would much rather work on the car myself, becuase thats something I like
to do. If you're too lazy to do some work yourself and think every little
thing should go to the dealer, that's not my problem. Take your bitter
comments somewhere else.

I asked if anyone knew if it was a pain in the ass, not if anyone out there
WAS a pain in the ass. Thank you for answering the wrong question.