Jerry Springer, please moderate this NG!

Old November 6th 04, 04:00 AM
DAVID THORNTON

Default Jerry Springer, please moderate this NG!

I once thought that this was a RESPECTABLE Newsgroup that shared information
and trade secrets about Chrysler and MOPAR cars and parts.

Now it is a virtual slugfest, slinging insults, sending viruses and even
ignoring innocent postings from people asking for real help.

ALL of you people ought to be totally ashamed of yourselves, conducting
yourselves as a bunch of junior high school bullies. I am even more
dismayed that the moderator NEVER keeps this NG ON TOPIC. There are proper
places for this kind of behavior, but this is not one of them.

Yes, I could go somewhere else to get the information I need, but there are
some very knowledgeable people in this group, and do value their insights
and suggestions. I just wish that it did not have come with the insults and
mud slinging.

NOW if there is a decent person left among you guys, try to find my original
post and see if you can help me out. It is the one with the 98 Chrysler
Cirrus ABS. Please leave the insults behind, and reply to my RR email below
with your advice.

Freedom is NEVER free! Support our TROOPS! David Thornton
IM:
Signature powered by Plaxo ... Want a signature like this? Add me to your
address book...

Old November 6th 04, 04:29 AM
linda

Everyone that i have talked to the last few days are decent people... do
not every insinuate they aren't..... talk to your local mechanic fi you
can't get these experts to reply to your posting...

i am not going to sleep until Jerry Springer shows up....and you can't
make me!!!!

Old November 6th 04, 04:29 AM
linda

Old November 6th 04, 05:36 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, DAVID THORNTON wrote:

> I once thought that this was a RESPECTABLE Newsgroup that shared information
> and trade secrets about Chrysler and MOPAR cars and parts.

You must be new here.

Old November 6th 04, 05:36 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 6th 04, 05:44 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, DAVID THORNTON wrote:

> I once thought that this was a RESPECTABLE Newsgroup that shared information
> and trade secrets about Chrysler and MOPAR cars and parts.

You must be new here.

> Now it is a virtual slugfest, slinging insults

I've been here for about 12 years, and it's *always* been a virtual
slugfest, with lots of insults slung in every which direction.

> sending viruses

Via Usenet post. Sure, right.

> ignoring innocent postings from people asking for real help.

Usenet participation is completely voluntary. Sometimes, nobody feels like
answering a particular question. That's the way the lasagna overflow bakes
onto the bottom of the oven (or the way the cookie crumbles, pick your
food-related metaphor).

> ALL of you people ought to be totally ashamed of yourselves

[singsong-y elementary school *en masse* voice ON]
Yessssssh, prinnnnnnncipal Thorn-tinn...
[/voice]

> dismayed that the moderator NEVER keeps this NG ON TOPIC.

That's 'cause there is no moderator, 'cause this is an unmoderated
newsgroup.

> There are proper places for this kind of behavior, but this is not one
> of them.

You may be right, you may be wrong, and it makes no difference, because
you're not in charge here. Nobody is.

> Yes, I could go somewhere else to get the information I need, but there are
> some very knowledgeable people in this group, and do value their insights
> and suggestions.

Then I suggest you either put up with it or learn to use the filtration
capacity of whatever newsreader you like to use. There're about 130 rules
in my filter. I don't see a good 70 to 80 percent of the crap that flushes
through the newsgroups. In effect, this makes me my own moderator.

> I just wish that it did not have come with the insults and mud slinging.

You obviously don't listen to enough Rolling Stones music. If you did,
you'd know that you cain't always git whatchyoo waa-haant, but if you try
sometimes, you just might find, you git whatchyoo nee-heed!

> Please leave the insults behind

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Old November 6th 04, 05:44 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, DAVID THORNTON wrote:

> I once thought that this was a RESPECTABLE Newsgroup that shared information
> and trade secrets about Chrysler and MOPAR cars and parts.

You must be new here.

> Now it is a virtual slugfest, slinging insults

I've been here for about 12 years, and it's *always* been a virtual
slugfest, with lots of insults slung in every which direction.

> sending viruses

Via Usenet post. Sure, right.

Old November 6th 04, 05:44 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, linda wrote:

> Everyone that i have talked to the last few days are decent people... do
> not every insinuate they aren't..... talk to your local mechanic fi you
> can't get these experts to reply to your posting...
>
> i am not going to sleep until Jerry Springer shows up....and you can't
> make me!!!!

Ooh! And Judge Judy, too!
Old November 6th 04, 05:44 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, linda wrote:

> Everyone that i have talked to the last few days are decent people... do
> not every insinuate they aren't..... talk to your local mechanic fi you
> can't get these experts to reply to your posting...
>
> i am not going to sleep until Jerry Springer shows up....and you can't
> make me!!!!

Ooh! And Judge Judy, too!
Old November 6th 04, 07:17 AM
pawn

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, DAVID THORNTON wrote:
>

>>sending viruses

> Via Usenet post. Sure, right.

??