clutch went out

Old August 23rd 04, 06:11 AM
kevin rowell

Default clutch went out

My negative battery cable whore a hole in my hydraulic clutch line. I have a
2000 SC1 and never thought about checking under the battery tray to see if
things were OK. So I did have to drive without the use of a clutch for
about a week. I replaced the lower line and the clutch works fine. I do
however get a bit of grinding when I go in second gear. So now I jump from
first to third. Could it be the synchroizer assembly for second gear?
Thanks to all that can help.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:06 PM
Lane

Heh heh, you said "whore".

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers."
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www57.pair.com/lane

link.net...

Old August 24th 04, 05:02 AM
BANDIT2941

>My negative battery cable whore a hole in my hydraulic clutch line. I have a
>2000 SC1 and never thought about checking under the battery tray to see if
>things were OK. So I did have to drive without the use of a clutch for
>about a week. I replaced the lower line and the clutch works fine. I do
>however get a bit of grinding when I go in second gear. So now I jump from
>first to third. Could it be the synchroizer assembly for second gear?
>Thanks to all that can help.

Yeah it very well could be the syncro. You must not have timed your shifts very
good when you were driving it without the clutch for a week........?
Old August 26th 04, 04:01 AM
Dave

And I thought I was one of the only adult Beavis and Butthead fans left!

Signed,
Major Woody

Lane wrote:

> Heh heh, you said "whore".
>
> Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]
> "Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers."
> ---
> Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www57.pair.com/lane
>
> "kevin rowell" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > My negative battery cable whore a hole in my hydraulic clutch line. I have

> > 2000 SC1 and never thought about checking under the battery tray to see if
> > things were OK. So I did have to drive without the use of a clutch for
> > about a week. I replaced the lower line and the clutch works fine. I do
> > however get a bit of grinding when I go in second gear. So now I jump from
> > first to third. Could it be the synchroizer assembly for second gear?
> > Thanks to all that can help.

Need good clutch for '94 4Runner V6 Matt Lang 4x4 4 January 14th 05 12:40 AM
Wacky Clutch Peter Pontbriand Jeep 14 December 19th 04 12:42 PM
Clutch pedal effort on 96 Civic Udayan Bhapkar Honda 1 October 11th 04 02:24 PM
Land Rover Series 3 Clutch bc 4x4 0 August 13th 04 03:36 PM