2005 Mustang GT prices

Old December 29th 04, 11:23 PM
George W. Frost

"Neoisthe1" > wrote in message
> Wow am I bummed out. Went to the local dealer and they want $32K for a
> standard deluxe GT. Their $5K mark up includes custom wheels and a

window
> tint package and they are not dealing. I didn't even look at the prices

on the
> Roush mustangs. But the funny thing was it looked like the dealer put the
> standard factory wheels on the Roush mustangs and the Roush wheels on the
> standard mustang so they could charge another $5k on the factory car.

Guess
> I'll get a Volvo S40 T5 for a lot less, but I really wanted another

Mustang
> GT - just not with a $5K ADM.

You are lucky you are not living here, where the prices for a 2005 Mustang
are over the $100K

Old December 30th 04, 02:09 AM
WraithCobra

Roush, Jack Roush. He is a builder of "Tuner" automobiles such as the Roush
Stage 3 and 360R Mustangs. He also designs and sells performance parts which
you can see here http://www.roushperf.com/ . I wanted a Stage 3, but for the
money ($15G Less) the Cobra was a better buy.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old December 30th 04, 03:24 AM
Musty

"Neoisthe1" > wrote in message
> >So you are one of the suckers who fell for Volvo's silly "appeal to
> >the youth with another one of our boring cars" ads?????
> >-Rich

> ?? I have owned a number of Mustangs and Volvos over the years, I don't

think
> any ad will make a difference one way or another. Guess the two other Ford
> dealers I have been to since yesterday have really ****ed me off, because

they
> are all playing the same games with the GT in my neck of the woods, LOL I

can
> not wait for a new car until spring as mine is DOA and the Volvo dealer is
> willing to discount a loaded S40 T5 over $ 5K less than the marked up GT.

So
> if I can't find a deal on a GT this week, the S40 T5 is the second choice

for
> me. Lots of safety features, good warranty, 0-60 in 6.1 and 149mph top

end,
> 21 city, 30 hyw - certainly not a GT by any stretch but it flys under the
> insurance radar. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a GT but I'm tired of
> playing games with the dealers.

Have you considered a Pontiac GTO (aka Holden Monaro) ?? They are going for
under 25K now.You can haggle like crazy for these. Or you can wait and pay
the 30K for a 2005 GTO which will have the 400HP LS2. You get IRS and much
better refinement than Mustang.

Musty
2000 GT (Red 5sp)

Old December 30th 04, 03:27 AM
Mark

Just wait a while to buy one. They'll have many on the lot soon that they'll
have to unload.

Old December 30th 04, 04:44 AM
George W. Frost

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:23:06 GMT, "George W. Frost"
> >You are lucky you are not living here, where the prices for a 2005

Mustang
> >are over the $100K
> >

> Where are you that a Mustang is $100K?
> --

The Wonderful Land of OZ

Old December 30th 04, 04:56 AM
George W. Frost

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message > >You are lucky you are
not living here, where the prices for a 2005 Mustang
> >are over the $100K
> >

> Where are you that a Mustang is $100K?
> --
> "Either kill me or take me as I am,
> because I'll be damned if I ever change..."
>
> The Marquis de Sade

Sorry, made a misteak, the prices a

Make FORD
ModelMUSTANG
SeriesGT
Year2005
Body typeCoupe
TransmissionAutomatic
Doors2 Door
Price$120,500 CurrencyAUD
Reference CodeST218491

Old December 30th 04, 05:13 AM
Musty

"George W. Frost" > wrote in message

> "ZombyWoof" > wrote in message > >You are lucky you

are
> not living here, where the prices for a 2005 Mustang
> > >are over the $100K
> > >

> > Where are you that a Mustang is $100K?
> > --
> > "Either kill me or take me as I am,
> > because I'll be damned if I ever change..."
> >
> > The Marquis de Sade

> Sorry, made a misteak, the prices a
>
> Make FORD
> ModelMUSTANG
> SeriesGT
> Year2005
> Body typeCoupe
> TransmissionAutomatic
> Doors2 Door
> Price$120,500 CurrencyAUD
> Reference CodeST218491

That is just absurd. I thought AUD$90K for a 2001 cobra was bad, but this is
just appaling. Its supposed to be a very affordable sportscar.

Old December 30th 04, 02:51 PM
George W. Frost

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:56:21 GMT, "George W. Frost"
> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
>

> >"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message > >You are lucky you

are
> >not living here, where the prices for a 2005 Mustang
> >> >
> >> Where are you that a Mustang is $100K?
> >> --
> >> "Either kill me or take me as I am,
> >> because I'll be damned if I ever change..."
> >>
> >> The Marquis de Sade

> >Sorry, made a misteak, the prices a
> >
> > Make FORD
> >ModelMUSTANG
> >SeriesGT
> >Year2005
> >Body typeCoupe
> >TransmissionAutomatic
> >Doors2 Door
> >Price$120,500 CurrencyAUD
> >Reference CodeST218491
> >

> Hell that is only $93,034.61 in real money . If you are serious
> about getting one why not take a vacation to the US, buy one, license
> it here drive it around and then import it back home as a used auto?
>
> --
> "Either kill me or take me as I am,
> because I'll be damned if I ever change..."
>
> The Marquis de Sade

I wouldn't be bragging about your "real money" at the moment if I were you,
Your Monopoly money value is going down each day.

Old December 30th 04, 06:17 PM
JohnH

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:09:08 -0500, "WraithCobra" >
wrote:

>Roush, Jack Roush. He is a builder of "Tuner" automobiles such as the Roush
>Stage 3 and 360R Mustangs. He also designs and sells performance parts which
>you can see here http://www.roushperf.com/ . I wanted a Stage 3, but for the
>money ($15G Less) the Cobra was a better buy.

Thanks much. Obviously my Mustang education was sorely lacking.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Test Mustang 2005 GT 4.6 liters by Richard Hammond (29 MB) Frans Nijhuis Ford Mustang 0 December 24th 04 04:28 PM
2005 Mustang TV Ad GEB Ford Mustang 9 December 13th 04 09:20 PM
Mustang Fever All Over Again Jim S. Ford Mustang 12 December 13th 04 09:11 PM
2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang GEB Ford Mustang 42 November 16th 04 03:21 AM
Yet another 2005 Mustang question Ford Mustang 4 November 15th 04 03:18 AM