Replacement of fule filter on '98 Odyssey

Old July 15th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

Default Replacement of fule filter on '98 Odyssey

In checking the maintenance schedule in the owners manual, it doesn't
even mention changing the fuel filter. The car now has 75K on is and I
am thinking it should be changed. If anyone knows has the proper
interval and any other advice would be appreciated. I think the
engine is the same as in the '98 Accord.

Old July 15th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_1_]

Gordon McGrew wrote:
> In checking the maintenance schedule in the owners manual, it doesn't
> even mention changing the fuel filter. The car now has 75K on is and I
> am thinking it should be changed. If anyone knows has the proper
> interval and any other advice would be appreciated. I think the
> engine is the same as in the '98 Accord.

what is it with fuel filters all of a sudden??? this is the 3rd same
posting this week. is google returning the phrase "repeat the same
questions again and again on r.a.m.h"?

to answer the question, chances are, the fuel filter never needs to be
changed during the entire life of the vehicle. if you're having
problems, which you don't describe btw, run injector cleaner through it.
Old July 15th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:26:05 -0700, jim beam >
wrote:

>Gordon McGrew wrote:
>> In checking the maintenance schedule in the owners manual, it doesn't
>> even mention changing the fuel filter. The car now has 75K on is and I
>> am thinking it should be changed. If anyone knows has the proper
>> interval and any other advice would be appreciated. I think the
>> engine is the same as in the '98 Accord.
>>

>what is it with fuel filters all of a sudden??? this is the 3rd same
>posting this week. is google returning the phrase "repeat the same
>questions again and again on r.a.m.h"?
>
>to answer the question, chances are, the fuel filter never needs to be
>changed during the entire life of the vehicle. if you're having
>problems, which you don't describe btw, run injector cleaner through it.

Wow, a filter that never needs changing? Is this been true of Hondas
from ~1998 on?

No problem, car runs great. Just want to maintain it properly as it
gets used on long trips.

If I did want to change it, is it hard and/or expensive?

2000 Cherokee Fule Filter jb Jeep 7 July 11th 06 03:05 AM
L200 Fuel Filter Replacement - Other trouble. New & Improved - N/F John Saturn 1 May 1st 06 05:04 AM
Odyssey rear brake light replacement? (and tires) Bob Kaplow Honda 8 November 29th 04 12:35 AM
Cabin air filter replacement Brett Pantalone Honda 2 November 13th 04 09:00 PM
Oil question What the manual says, vs. what Dad says. TSMANGOD Saturn 33 October 24th 04 06:45 AM