Nitrous for a BMW Mini?

Old July 13th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
KG[_1_]

Default Nitrous for a BMW Mini?

Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini, I have heard and red of it
but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
*****************
Thank You

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.
Old July 13th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin

"KG" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini, I

have heard and red of it
> but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
> *****************
> Thank You
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Just curious. What is "trottleable". Is that a brand name or something?

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old July 13th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

KG > wrote in article
> Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini, I

have heard and red of it
> but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
> *****************
> Thank You
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

What you are saying is that your little FWD, POS isn't dangerous enough and
you want to make it faster..........

Given your writing, spelling, and punctuation skills, I seriously question
if you are capable of correctly following any written installation
instructions should such equipment be available to you.

Old July 13th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AZ Nomad[_1_]

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:01:17 -0500, Kevin > wrote:

>"KG" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini, I

>have heard and red of it
>> but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
>> *****************
>> Thank You
>>
>> To reply to this email please remove the AT
>> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

>Just curious. What is "trottleable". Is that a brand name or something?

And why does he want to red it?
Old July 13th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Stan Weiss

I see from your other replies that kindergarten must have let out early
today.
Works for both the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.
http://m7tuning.com/main.m7/store/10018
You can also try YAHOO search with "mini cooper" nitrous
Stan

Old July 14th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
KG[_1_]

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:08:54 -0400, Stan Weiss > wrote:

>I see from your other replies that kindergarten must have let out early
>today.
>Works for both the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.
>http://m7tuning.com/main.m7/store/10018
>You can also try YAHOO search with "mini cooper" nitrous
>Stan
>

>KG wrote:
>>
>> Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini? I have heard and read of it
>> but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
>> *****************

Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It was a simple question and
if they didn't like it they know what their options are. Throttleabel simply means that it will
function at less than full throttle allowing it's use even when traction may be limited.
*****************

Old July 14th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

KG > wrote in article

> Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It

was a simple question and
> if they didn't like it they know what their options are. Throttleabel

simply means that it will
> function at less than full throttle allowing it's use even when traction

may be limited.
> *****************

Why would ANYBODY want a turbo to kick in - adding more horsepower - when
the traction is limited?

Old July 14th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Stan Weiss

* wrote:

> KG > wrote in article
> >
> > Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It

> was a simple question and
> > if they didn't like it they know what their options are. Throttleabel

> simply means that it will
> > function at less than full throttle allowing it's use even when traction

> may be limited.
> > *****************

> Why would ANYBODY want a turbo to kick in - adding more horsepower - when
> the traction is limited?

First we are talking about nitrous and not turbos here. Some people like
to turn it on at the start of a drag race and not have it come in later,
others may want in to turn on when they shift in say 2nd or 3rd gear.
Stan
Old July 14th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AZ Nomad[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:19:28 -0500, * > wrote:

>KG > wrote in article
>>
>> Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It

>was a simple question and
>> if they didn't like it they know what their options are. Throttleabel

>simply means that it will
>> function at less than full throttle allowing it's use even when traction

>may be limited.
>> *****************

>Why would ANYBODY want a turbo to kick in - adding more horsepower - when
>the traction is limited?

The thrill of driving off at a tangent.
Old July 14th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

KG wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:08:54 -0400, Stan Weiss > wrote:
>
> >I see from your other replies that kindergarten must have let out early
> >today.
> >Works for both the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.
> >http://m7tuning.com/main.m7/store/10018
> >You can also try YAHOO search with "mini cooper" nitrous
> >Stan
> >

> >KG wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone have any info on a trottleable Nitrous system for the BMW Mini? I have heard and read of it
> >> but unable to find info. Any Help appreciated.
> >> *****************

> Thank you for the useful response as to the others; Pick, pick, pick It was a simple question and
> if they didn't like it they know what their options are.

>Throttleabel simply means that it will
> function at less than full throttle allowing it's use even when traction may be limited.

I've read and reread this statement and it is rather difficult to
understand.

If I understand you correctly: A throttleable (my spelling) nitrous
oxide system would introduce that chemical into the combustion process
under less than full throttle to increase power output even when the
car has only a limited amount of traction.

Why would it be be advantageous to introduce even more power under
conditions when the car is close to losing traction to begin with. It
sounds like a recipe for a disaster, or at least losing control of the
car.