This is why I sold my Jeep...

Old March 18th 05, 01:19 PM
Zorin Inc.

Default This is why I sold my Jeep...

These are the pics of the Jeep replacement, it doesn't quite have the same
articulation but it sure does have more power!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mshrmstmp/my_photos

Jim "zooomzooom" Zorin

'97 ZJ "Mud Slinger"
'01 WJ "Limited"
'95 C4 "30,000 miles"

Old March 18th 05, 01:44 PM
Snow

Nice.. but I prefer the 70's styling better, but its still a sweet machine,
smoked any '05 stangs yet?

Snow...

Old March 18th 05, 02:37 PM
Kevin in San Diego

Canary yellow. I guess now you are a web wheeler.
KH

Old March 18th 05, 03:44 PM
Jeff

Nice RTI ramp!

--
Jeff
'03 TJ & '95 ZJ

Old March 18th 05, 07:47 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Replace? They are for different sports, one is for hill climbing:
http://www.billhughes.com/pismo,htm and one is for street:
http://www.billhughes.com/thunderb.htm
BTW would you tell some of these Wannabees that think they have a
shock problem with their TJs, that they don't know what a rough ride is
until crawl into your stock Vette:
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41296...tSzOCB4eg2I7F4
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 18th 05, 07:55 PM
Dave Milne

Funny, I thought the Vette ride was cushy compared to my old Alfa :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old March 18th 05, 08:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I don't know, they look like you could go four wheelin' in them:
http://www.gfs1.com/restopics/alfa1.jpg and:
http://www.motorsportscenter.com/uploads/brera_14.jpg
The stock Vettes I've ridden in, the '84 and up, were very much
like some of the hard tail Harleys I've ridden, probably explains my
L5-S1.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 18th 05, 08:42 PM
Dave Milne

This is what mine looked like, although the front air dam was different.

http://www.octane.ie/guide/model.php?model=38

Old March 18th 05, 11:02 PM
Zorin Inc.

The ride is comparable to strapping a steel plate to your ass, and having
someone hit it with a sledge hammer. That's what they call performance
handling! lol. The ride on a TJ or XJ os NO WHERE NEAR as stiff a ride as
the vette. And mine is a '95, about half as stiff a suspension as the C4
had when they came out in '84. If I drive over a cigarette butt I CAN FEEL
IT!! hahahaha.

Jim "My Aching Ass" Zorin

BTW, the car was originally bought by a 60 year old man who always wanted
one (but waited too long), he drove it very little, kept it garaged, and
decided when he was 67 that he couldn't get in and out of it on his own
anymore, he sold it to the dealership at 20,000 miles. The dealership used
it for a loaner when people brought their newer C5's in for repair. The
dealership put another 10,000 on it before selling it to me. I talked to
the guy (who is now 70) and he misses it, hahahaha too bad. The interior
looks brand new, the body is done, I have the brakes and rotors to do (C5
big brake going on), GM hot cam kit going in (cam & roller rockers $500),
and better flowing exhaust with electric cutouts. Should smoke the ZR1 when
it's finished (like these things are ever "finished").

Old March 18th 05, 11:06 PM
Zorin Inc.

I'm still getting used to laying down to drive, world of difference from the
XJ. I'm sure it would take any of the stock '05 Mustangs though. The Vette
has the same HP, more torque, way better suspension, and it's 1000 pounds
lighter (must be the lack of back seats) lol. I'm still a Jeeper at heart
though, I'm keeping my faithful old ZJ and the wife just got a WJ Limited
(wow those things are plush).

What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 07:45 PM