asshole de jour

Old July 9th 05, 11:38 PM
N8N

Default asshole de jour

this just happened not 10 minutes ago and I am ****ED! I was coming
home and getting off at my exit from the freeway... this exit is kind
of like a cloverleaf in that the onramp from the previous exit turns
into the offramp for my exit, but it's like 3/4 mile long. Anyway
merging in from the previous onramp is some yellow POS SUV followed by
a "road train" with two trailers. The truck driver is impatient and
the SUV is sloth merging which doesn't help any. Truck runs right up
on SUV's ass to try to encourage him to merge a little closer to the
speed of traffic. SUV slows down and puts on hazards as if to say
"**** you, I'm gonna merge however I want" to the road train. Road
train driver TRIES TO PASS ASSHOLE SUV DRIVER ON THE GODDAMNED
SHOULDER. ****er BLASTED the front of my poor car with all sorts of
gravel and dirt, windshield looks like I just let loose with a
sandblaster on it. ****er is goddamned lucky I didn't have a hammer or
a tire iron with me, I was ****ed enough I would have thrown it through
his ****ing windshield, illegal though that is. Where's a goddamn
"how's my driving" sticker when you ****ing need one?

ASSHOLE! I hope you die in a flaming wreck, and I mean that. Selfish
prick.

nate

Old July 9th 05, 11:55 PM
Dave

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> this just happened not 10 minutes ago and I am ****ED! I was coming
> home and getting off at my exit from the freeway... this exit is kind
> of like a cloverleaf in that the onramp from the previous exit turns
> into the offramp for my exit, but it's like 3/4 mile long. Anyway
> merging in from the previous onramp is some yellow POS SUV followed by
> a "road train" with two trailers. The truck driver is impatient and
> the SUV is sloth merging which doesn't help any. Truck runs right up
> on SUV's ass to try to encourage him to merge a little closer to the
> speed of traffic. SUV slows down and puts on hazards as if to say
> "**** you, I'm gonna merge however I want" to the road train. Road
> train driver TRIES TO PASS ASSHOLE SUV DRIVER ON THE GODDAMNED
> SHOULDER. ****er BLASTED the front of my poor car with all sorts of
> gravel and dirt, windshield looks like I just let loose with a
> sandblaster on it. ****er is goddamned lucky I didn't have a hammer or
> a tire iron with me, I was ****ed enough I would have thrown it through
> his ****ing windshield, illegal though that is. Where's a goddamn
> "how's my driving" sticker when you ****ing need one?
>
> ASSHOLE! I hope you die in a flaming wreck, and I mean that. Selfish
> prick.
>
> nate

Which selfish prick are you referring to . . . the truck driver or the SUV
driver? -Dave

Old July 10th 05, 12:40 AM
N8N

Dave wrote:
> "N8N" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > this just happened not 10 minutes ago and I am ****ED! I was coming
> > home and getting off at my exit from the freeway... this exit is kind
> > of like a cloverleaf in that the onramp from the previous exit turns
> > into the offramp for my exit, but it's like 3/4 mile long. Anyway
> > merging in from the previous onramp is some yellow POS SUV followed by
> > a "road train" with two trailers. The truck driver is impatient and
> > the SUV is sloth merging which doesn't help any. Truck runs right up
> > on SUV's ass to try to encourage him to merge a little closer to the
> > speed of traffic. SUV slows down and puts on hazards as if to say
> > "**** you, I'm gonna merge however I want" to the road train. Road
> > train driver TRIES TO PASS ASSHOLE SUV DRIVER ON THE GODDAMNED
> > SHOULDER. ****er BLASTED the front of my poor car with all sorts of
> > gravel and dirt, windshield looks like I just let loose with a
> > sandblaster on it. ****er is goddamned lucky I didn't have a hammer or
> > a tire iron with me, I was ****ed enough I would have thrown it through
> > his ****ing windshield, illegal though that is. Where's a goddamn
> > "how's my driving" sticker when you ****ing need one?
> >
> > ASSHOLE! I hope you die in a flaming wreck, and I mean that. Selfish
> > prick.
> >
> > nate
> >

> Which selfish prick are you referring to . . . the truck driver or the SUV
> driver? -Dave

Well both really, they were both acting like little kids, but mostly
the trucker 'cause he was the one that actually ****ed up my car, when
he should have known that was going to happen.

nate

Old July 10th 05, 02:05 AM
Brent P

Like a trucker cares. I'd dialed the cops and followed the ****er.

Old July 10th 05, 02:48 AM
James C. Reeves

Ouch! That makes me angry just hearing about it.

How much will it coast to repair your vehicle? Was it your Stude, the
Porche or the Impala this happened to?

Old July 10th 05, 04:50 AM
C.H.

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:40:01 -0700, N8N wrote:

> Dave wrote:

>> Which selfish prick are you referring to . . . the truck driver or the
>> SUV driver? -Dave

> Well both really, they were both acting like little kids, but mostly the
> trucker 'cause he was the one that actually ****ed up my car, when he
> should have known that was going to happen.

While I don't condone either driver's behavior I am curious how you knew
he would have been able to slow down far enough in the given distance.

Most people overestimate the brakes of any truck-trailer combo and there
are situations where you only have the choice between trying to make it
around the sloth and hitting him.

Chris
Old July 10th 05, 04:49 PM
N8N

C.H. wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:40:01 -0700, N8N wrote:
>

> > Dave wrote:

> >> Which selfish prick are you referring to . . . the truck driver or the
> >> SUV driver? -Dave

> > Well both really, they were both acting like little kids, but mostly the
> > trucker 'cause he was the one that actually ****ed up my car, when he
> > should have known that was going to happen.

> While I don't condone either driver's behavior I am curious how you knew
> he would have been able to slow down far enough in the given distance.

He didn't have to slow down, just stop accelerating. The fact that he
was able to do so is evidenced by the fact that he didn't hit the SUV.
(there was no way he was going to actually pass on the shoulder, it
wasn't wide enough.)

> Most people overestimate the brakes of any truck-trailer combo and there
> are situations where you only have the choice between trying to make it
> around the sloth and hitting him.

He never did pass him, he was just trying to intimidate him into
driving correctly. Which is fine until other people start getting
affected by the road games. It's one thing to mess with an asshole,
it's another to involve third parties.

nate

Old July 10th 05, 04:50 PM
N8N

James C. Reeves wrote:
> Ouch! That makes me angry just hearing about it.
>
> How much will it coast to repair your vehicle? Was it your Stude, the
> Porche or the Impala this happened to?

944... which is the best possible car for such, since the paint was
destroyed long ago. Still a little annoyed about the windshield
though, it is now about twice as sandblasted as it was yesterday AM.

nate

Old July 11th 05, 04:24 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:50:43 -0700, "C.H." >
wrote:

>>> Which selfish prick are you referring to . . . the truck driver or the
>>> SUV driver? -Dave

>> Well both really, they were both acting like little kids, but mostly the
>> trucker 'cause he was the one that actually ****ed up my car, when he
>> should have known that was going to happen.

>While I don't condone either driver's behavior I am curious how you knew
>he would have been able to slow down far enough in the given distance.
>
>Most people overestimate the brakes of any truck-trailer combo and there
>are situations where you only have the choice between trying to make it
>around the sloth and hitting him.

Sorry, but that is bull****. You DON'T OVERDRIVE YOUR ****ING BRAKES!
Especially in a truck. The SUV driver was an idiot or an asshole or
both. The truck driver should be shot.
Old July 11th 05, 06:19 AM
C.H.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:24:26 -0500, DTJ wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:50:43 -0700, "C.H." > wrote:
>
>>While I don't condone either driver's behavior I am curious how you knew
>>he would have been able to slow down far enough in the given distance.
>>
>>Most people overestimate the brakes of any truck-trailer combo and there
>>are situations where you only have the choice between trying to make it
>>around the sloth and hitting him.

> Sorry, but that is bull****. You DON'T OVERDRIVE YOUR ****ING BRAKES!

If someone pulls in in front of you and cuts you off you are not
overdriving your brakes. The driver on the onramp has to make sure he
either is so far ahead that the driver behind him can safely brake (and
technically shouldn't even have to brake) or he has to wait until the
truck has passed him and pull in behind it.

What would you do if you are driving along the right lane at a legal 60mph
and some SUV idiot cuts you off at 30 with much less than the brake
distance necessary to scrub off the speed? Disappear into thin air? Tunnel
through him? Smash into him although you could have avoided a possibly
fatal accident by pulling into the emergency lane and risk spraying some
guy behind you with some gravel, for heaven's sake?

And don't tell me you advocate driving on the freeway at 30mph to avoid
such a situation.

> Especially in a truck. The SUV driver was an idiot or an asshole or both.
> The truck driver should be shot.

The truck driver very likely had no other option. He had the right of way
and the right to drive at a legal speed in the right lane. The SUV cut him
off and forced him to take evasive action. That Nate's car got damaged is
regrettable but better than a smashed SUV and possibly dead passengers
therein.

The funny thing is that I used to think like you until I pulled a trailer
with the Dodge for the first time. But I can assure you, getting cut off
by idiots either wanting to make the exit or neglecting to accelerate on
the on-ramp gives you a totally new perspective.

Chris

Biggest asshole cop I've ever seen 223rem Driving 24 May 28th 05 07:22 AM
MFFY Du Jour Mike Z. Helm Driving 51 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
Asshole "Just Taylor": Contact Information for One of His domains Jeff Lowe Jeep 0 February 9th 05 03:39 PM