Exhaust manifold

Old April 12th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Clark Friedrichs[_2_]

Default Exhaust manifold

I installed a very nice Racing Beat 4-1 header on my '03 SE and now some one
wants to buy the stock manifold. I have no idea what to ask for it; any
ideas?

Thanks

--

-----
Clark Friedrichs /

Old April 13th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Selling for $85 at a used Miata parts place.
http://www.partsgroup.com/store.aspx...Exhaust&Page=0
Hope this helps,
Chris
99BBB

Old April 13th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

good idea to check the prices at used part dealers... that $85 price was
for a '99 - '00. planetmiata has that part priced at $50. but the op said
he had a '03 and that is on planetmiata for $225. don't know what is so
special about the '01+ 'tubular' manifolds, but clearly planetmiata (who is
usually has very agressive prices) does. hope this helps...
http://planetmiata.com/01-05_pricing.htm

Old April 13th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Christopher Muto wrote:
> good idea to check the prices at used part dealers... that $85 price was
> for a '99 - '00. planetmiata has that part priced at $50. but the op said
> he had a '03 and that is on planetmiata for $225. don't know what is so
> special about the '01+ 'tubular' manifolds, but clearly planetmiata (who is
> usually has very agressive prices) does. hope this helps...
> http://planetmiata.com/01-05_pricing.htm

Mazda put an awful cast iron exhaust manifold on the 1999 and 2000
models. I had one given to me and threw it in the scrap metal pile to be
taken to the salvage yard.

The tubular manifold on the 2001 - 2005 model is basically a tuned
header compared to that blocky manifold that Mazda put on the 1999 &
2000 models.
I don't know how much power increase is achieved by swapping one in to a
1999 or 2000 model, but it may be worth doing for the improvement in
looks alone. :-)

This 2001+ manifold got $230.00 with a new EGR tube and free shipping.

http://tinyurl.com/dfg3rr

It was probably closer to $150.00 in the seller's pocket after Ebay
fees, the cost of the new EGR tube, and shipping costs depending on how
far it had to be sent.

http://tinyurl.com/dfg3rr

To the OP, I would try for something like $110.00 to $130.00 if the
buyer is local since you don't have to ship it.
Otherwise, at least $150.00 plus shipping since you need to buy the box,
package it up, make the trip the the UPS store, etc.

If the buyer balks, you can probably get $150.00 or even more for it on
the Miata.net classifieds, or try Feebay and see what it gets.

Good luck!

Pat
Old April 14th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Good to know! The original owner of my 99 installed a JR header and I always
wondered why. Now maybe I have a better idea! Thanks Christopher / PWS.

Chris
99BBB

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
> good idea to check the prices at used part dealers... that $85 price was
> for a '99 - '00. planetmiata has that part priced at $50. but the op
> said he had a '03 and that is on planetmiata for $225. don't know what is
> so special about the '01+ 'tubular' manifolds, but clearly planetmiata
> (who is usually has very agressive prices) does. hope this helps...
> http://planetmiata.com/01-05_pricing.htm
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
>> Selling for $85 at a used Miata parts place.
>> http://www.partsgroup.com/store.aspx...Exhaust&Page=0
>> Hope this helps,
>> Chris
>> 99BBB
>>
>> "Clark Friedrichs" > wrote in message
>>>I installed a very nice Racing Beat 4-1 header on my '03 SE and now some
>>>one wants to buy the stock manifold. I have no idea what to ask for it;
>>>any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Clark Friedrichs /

Exhaust Manifold Removal 96 5.0 AWD Vito Ford Explorer 1 March 30th 08 02:54 AM
90 XJ exhaust manifold $$$$ CDawg1506 Jeep 5 June 9th 06 01:36 AM
90 XJ exhaust manifold CDawg1506 Jeep 1 June 2nd 06 05:36 AM
exhaust manifold for 258? Steve G Jeep 5 October 17th 05 08:24 PM
need exhaust manifold Backyard Mechanic Ford Mustang 3 December 8th 04 09:13 PM