Two Questions about 1997 Jeep Wrangler/ Cover & Stereo Upgrade ??

Old April 8th 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Two Questions about 1997 Jeep Wrangler/ Cover & Stereo Upgrade ??

I just bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, MINT. I have two questions:

1. I would like a NICE quality top (cover) for this Jeep. Any
recommendations ?? Yes, I have some Jeep magazines from which I can
choose, but I would like some recommendations based on actual
user-experience.

2. I want to upgrade the radio system. It has front grill speakers, plus
rollbar speakers. I would like to start by upgrading the speakers, and
then later put in an aftermarket radio deck. I might later spring for an
amp. I don't want a super-powered system, just something that sounds real
nice. I listen to jazz, new age, some country, and other types , but not
rap or hard rock. I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee with the stock radio
but Infinity line speaker option and it sounds great !! I would like for
my 1997 Wrangler to sound at least as good, hopefully at least a bit
better.

Can I hear from some of you guys that have upgraded your Wrangler stereos,
and what you have and liked ??

Thanks !!!!!!!!

--James--

Old April 8th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

James:

The Bestop Sailcloth Top is the best. Bestop makes the factory tops.

Tom

Old April 9th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I have a cab cover from besttop (I ordered from Quadratec) it keeps the
seats dry (and also my rear).

Craig
2001 Wrangler

Old April 9th 06, 06:28 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I am a little confused as to whether the original poster wants a cover, as
in "Trail Cover" or a top. He used both terms to describe the same thing.

I don't think that the Wrangler stereo is ever going to sound as good as the
GC, because the GC has more body insulation and soundproofing. My opinion,
of course, but all the more valuable because of that.

Earle

Old April 9th 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for the input guys......

Yes, I am talking about a car COVER , not a soft-top. I want to cover
the entire Jeep when I am not driving it.

BTW, my original post did refer to a cover. A soft-top does not cover the
car, (except that perhaps one could say that it "covers" the top 1/2 of
the car. )

--James--

Old April 9th 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The post said, "I would like a NICE quality top (cover) for this Jeep."

The gray one from 4wd.com works great.

http://4wd.com/newsite/shop/productd...sp?pid=8103237

As you can see from the picture, they make it in spice now too. After about
eight years of all-summer use (I am retired, have been for ten years, chew
on that a bit.) it is only now starting to show some wear around the edges
and grommet areas.

Earle

Old April 9th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks Earle, but I am looking for a cover to cover the entire vehicle.

I am sure I will find one.

--james--

Old April 10th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

This is the one I've had for two years. Covers the door
holes and goes over steps.
http://www.jeepcovers.com/
I luv it!

Seahag

om...

Old April 10th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

i'm still waiting for someone (Bill) to say "Real Jeeps don't need
covers"

Old April 10th 06, 04:52 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/