TECH HELP:1986 Vette convertible-no sound from Bose speakers...

Old August 19th 04, 02:29 AM
John K. Bystrek

Default TECH HELP:1986 Vette convertible-no sound from Bose speakers...

I have a 86 vette convertible with a Bose system and no sound coming
from my speakers. I substituted another radio-no help. I tried
jumping the pink wire to the amp relay-no help and also I can not hear
any relay clicking sound. Where is the relay located? How do I get
to it? Are there and fuses just for that circuit? All the inputs and
outputs out of the radio are ok. Any ideas? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks for you time,
John
Old August 19th 04, 06:07 AM
john smith

The relay is located under the dash on the passenger side and it is a
bitch to get to. You will have to remove the knee bolster on the
passenger side and then turn the radio on and off and listen for the
location. Mine was located on the support brace on the passenger side
and it was about a foot up inside the dash. You can hear the relay
click when you turn the radio on and off. Make sure you have the key on
and you will hear where it is coming from.

Old August 20th 04, 05:32 AM
John K. Bystrek

> The relay is located under the dash on the passenger side and it is a
> bitch to get to. You will have to remove the knee bolster on the
> passenger side and then turn the radio on and off and listen for the
> location. Mine was located on the support brace on the passenger side
> and it was about a foot up inside the dash. You can hear the relay
> click when you turn the radio on and off. Make sure you have the key on
> and you will hear where it is coming from.

John, Thanks for the reply but the problem I am having is that I can
not hear any clicking sound. I'll guess I'll have to start ripping
the dash apart.
Thanks for your time,
John