1.8 Miata Crank Angle Sensor

Old March 14th 05, 07:18 PM
Marty

Default 1.8 Miata Crank Angle Sensor

i am trying to install a crank angle sensor on a 99 miata and i can't
figure out exactly where it is positioned. if anyone had any pics or
advice that would be great.

Old March 15th 05, 12:27 AM
Larry Gadbois

I'm not sure what you are asking. A '99 has a CAS located at about 4 o'clock
next to the edge of the main crank pulley. If your '99 runs, the CAS is
installed and working. Unless the bracket is the adjustable one from Jackson
or has been modified, it simply mounts and screws into place.

oups.com...

Old March 16th 05, 03:39 AM
dookie

i'll vouch for the adjustment...jackson or homebrew. the resulting timing
advance is a noticable torque boost!

dookie

oups.com...

Old March 16th 05, 08:33 PM
Marty

we don't have a bracket so and it is not installed, if you had a pic of
your engine or the cas's placement that would be great

Old March 16th 05, 10:40 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article . com>,
"Marty" > wrote:

> we don't have a bracket so and it is not installed, if you had a pic of
> your engine or the cas's placement that would be great

What Larry meant is that you already have a CAS on your engine,
installed at the factory. If you didn't, it wouldn't run. We're trying
to figure out exactly what you need. Are you trying to mount an
aftermarket device in place of the OEM sensor?

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old March 18th 05, 03:44 PM
Marty

sorry for being vague, we are building a spec miata race car for a
teammate and he sent us the engine without the cas on it, it came
seperate. our car is a 1.8 but an earlier year so it doesn't have one
we are just wondering how and where it goes on