1999 328ci Business Radio Help

Old December 17th 04, 07:01 PM
Andy

Default 1999 328ci Business Radio Help

Can someone please tell me how to remove the business radio from this
please.

It doesn't seem to have any hidden flaps at the front to remove or lift to
get to screws.

I had a Nokia Bluetooth handsfree kit to wire into it.

Thank You.

Old December 17th 04, 08:47 PM
Badger

"Andy" > wrote in message
.. .
> Can someone please tell me how to remove the business radio from this
> please.
>
> It doesn't seem to have any hidden flaps at the front to remove or lift to
> get to screws.
>
> I had a Nokia Bluetooth handsfree kit to wire into it.
>
> Thank You.

Assuming you are referring to an E46, it's a 2 minute job.
First, remove trim strip above glove-box by levering it off using something
non-metallic and protecting the other trim with a cloth etc. It's made of
ally with the trim attached so it's quite strong and it is in on 4 friction
spigots.
Next, remove the trim strip above the radio. The end that was covered by the
first trim piece will be free, slide your fingers around the end next to the
steering column shroud and ease it off it's single spigot at the column end.
Now, simply remove the 2 exposed x-head screws and pull the radio unit out,
disconnecting the multiplug, coaxial lead and antenna connector as required.
No coding etc to worry about on re-fitment, at least there wasn't on my 2001
330.
Badger.

Old December 18th 04, 12:00 PM
Andy

"Badger" > wrote in message

> "Andy" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Can someone please tell me how to remove the business radio from this
>> please.
>>
>> It doesn't seem to have any hidden flaps at the front to remove or lift
>> get to screws.
>>
>> I had a Nokia Bluetooth handsfree kit to wire into it.
>>
>> Thank You.
>>

> Assuming you are referring to an E46, it's a 2 minute job.
> First, remove trim strip above glove-box by levering it off using
> something non-metallic and protecting the other trim with a cloth etc.
> It's made of ally with the trim attached so it's quite strong and it is in
> on 4 friction spigots.
> Next, remove the trim strip above the radio. The end that was covered by
> the first trim piece will be free, slide your fingers around the end next
> to the steering column shroud and ease it off it's single spigot at the
> column end.
> Now, simply remove the 2 exposed x-head screws and pull the radio unit
> out, disconnecting the multiplug, coaxial lead and antenna connector as
> required. No coding etc to worry about on re-fitment, at least there
> wasn't on my 2001 330.
> Badger.

Thanks for that - that was perfect - I know just need to know which the
telephone mute wire is.

Any ideas please?

BMW 5 series (E39) business radio removal TrueBlue BMW 5 June 20th 05 02:30 PM
dealer replaced radio, still doesn't work caburnham BMW 5 November 20th 04 05:08 PM
Turn-key business opportunity with unlimited income potential! delhelt Audi 0 October 16th 04 11:33 AM
NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception SAPO Audi 4 July 20th 04 10:39 PM
radio is on safe mode bofromtherock Audi 2 May 15th 04 01:33 AM