Any Camaro fans out there?

Old July 15th 05, 09:33 PM
arocars

Default Any Camaro fans out there?

I've owned a 1978, a 1985, and currently a 1994 and 1969 Camaro. My
first Camaro was a '78 with built small block. It was extremely fast
(for a while), but it had zero trunk space and it seemed I was
constantly working on it. My second Camaro was an '85 with a v6. It
was no performance monster, but it had a nice ride, acceptable
performance, and decent gas mileage. Although I wasnt initially a fan
of the rear hatch or its overall styling, I eventually found the hatch
very convenient and the body style definitely grew on me. If I was to
buy another 3rd gen, I'd get an '82, that way I could modify the
drivetrain without getting hassled by the State Inspection system.
Unfortunately, the frame on the '85, near the p/s box, wasn't designed
very well and eventually 'ripped' where the p/s box attached to it.
The bottom of both doors were rotted and the trans started to slip. So
long '85.

I then bought a '94 Z28 convertible. Which I love. Its white with red
stripes and a black power top. I'd get constant compliments in the car.
Men, Women, kids. It was great. I had one kid say, "Wow, is that a
race car?" My friend in the passenger seat was green with envy because
he owned a very pricey Cadillac convertible (it cost several times what
I paid for the Z) and no one ever seemed to notice it. It is
definitely the best Camaro of the bunch as far as out-of-the-box
performance, handling, and creature comforts go. The LT1 350 is a
wonderful engine. I've had zero mechanical problems with the car since
I purchased it. It currently has 138k miles on it and still runs
awesome. It has 2.73:1 gears and 16" wheels and will still smoke the
tires. Gotta love that! My only issues with the '94 is my inability
to customize it without buying special tools, learning computer
engineering or getting hassled trying to get a sticker. I parked the
'94 about 2 years ago because of all this. (Wanna buy a '94?).

Which lead me to purchase my favorite of the bunch. A 1969 Camaro SS.
I looked high and low for many months before I found the one I bought.
I wanted one that hadnt been customized, repaired, restored, or raced.
I finally found one in Florida, had my dad pre-inspect it for me, and
then flew down, checked it out, bought it, and drove it home to
Massachusetts. (That was fun all by itself). Like most old cars it
needs a lot of little and not-so-little stuff. Its got a ton of flaws,
but most people seem to like it anyway. I think the best thing about it
is that I've met so many people because of it. I also like the fact
that I can work on it without a repair manual because I've owned and/or
worked on so many other old GM cars. ('66 442, '69 Lemans Conv, '68 GS
conv., '68 Satellite, '69 Skylark, etc).

I didn't see any Camaro stuff on this site, so I thought I'd get the
ball rolling.
So, what's your favorite car? Why do you like it? If you could've
kept one of the cars you sold back in the day, what would it be?

"See you on the road, Bronze".
Happy motoring.

--
arocars
arocars's Profile: http://www.domesticmuscle.com/dmforu....php?userid=22

Old July 15th 05, 10:11 PM
ray

arocars wrote:

> Which lead me to purchase my favorite of the bunch. A 1969 Camaro SS.
> I looked high and low for many months before I found the one I bought.
> I wanted one that hadnt been customized, repaired, restored, or raced.
> I finally found one in Florida, had my dad pre-inspect it for me, and
> then flew down, checked it out, bought it, and drove it home to
> Massachusetts. (That was fun all by itself). Like most old cars it
> needs a lot of little and not-so-little stuff. Its got a ton of flaws,
> but most people seem to like it anyway. I think the best thing about it
> is that I've met so many people because of it. I also like the fact
> that I can work on it without a repair manual because I've owned and/or
> worked on so many other old GM cars. ('66 442, '69 Lemans Conv, '68 GS
> conv., '68 Satellite, '69 Skylark, etc).
>
> I didn't see any Camaro stuff on this site, so I thought I'd get the
> ball rolling.
> So, what's your favorite car? Why do you like it? If you could've
> kept one of the cars you sold back in the day, what would it be?
>
> "See you on the road, Bronze".
> Happy motoring.

Nice. Head over to f-body.org for some Camaro discussion.

Ray
76 Camaro Dirt Track Stock Car
80 Trans Am Project Car
01 Trans Am Ram Air (12.18 w/Nitrous)
Old July 15th 05, 10:49 PM
mst

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:33:46 -0400 arocars wrote:

> I've owned a

* 69 Z
* 74 Z
* 78 Z
* 81 Z

currently: 95 Z convertible (red/black leather)

http://www.camaroz28.com/
http://www.f-body.org/
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/links.htm#PCM
http://www.camaro.com/
http://www.camaros.net/
http://www.nastyz28.com/
http://www.chevy-camaro.com/

--
remove MYSHOES to email

95 Grand Prix Fans sparky7l Technology 1 May 12th 05 05:28 PM
A Next Camaro Takes A Step Forward? [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 April 16th 05 01:34 PM
GM 3.1 Engine Cooling Fans inoperable gobroncos Technology 11 January 18th 05 11:43 PM
Is replacing the fans a huge expense?? rat VW water cooled 2 October 27th 04 07:13 PM
Do both Cooling fans operate simultaneously on a C5? Tedd Riggs Corvette 9 August 11th 04 10:22 PM