Finally, one SUV worth having

Old August 19th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

Default Finally, one SUV worth having

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
and inexpensive, too.

Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

Old August 19th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

223rem wrote:

> http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
> and inexpensive, too.
>
> Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

This is a good vehicle in what way ? It looks ugly as sin to me !

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

Eeyore wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
> > http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
> > and inexpensive, too.
> >
> > Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

> This is a good vehicle in what way ? It looks ugly as sin to me !

It's a modern version of the famous Land Cruiser. Good power, great
off-roader, Toyota quality, low price. What more can you ask for?

Old August 19th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

223rem wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > 223rem wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
> > > and inexpensive, too.
> > >
> > > Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

> > This is a good vehicle in what way ? It looks ugly as sin to me !

> It's a modern version of the famous Land Cruiser. Good power, great
> off-roader, Toyota quality, low price. What more can you ask for?

I have no need for such a think.

The Land Cruiser looked / looks far better IMHO.

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
223rem[_2_]

Eeyore wrote:

> I have no need for such a think.

In the UK/Europe, of course not. But if you wanted to take a road trip
the remote (northern) parts of Canada and Alaska, then this'd be the
ideal vehicle..

> The Land Cruiser looked / looks far better IMHO.

The original Land Cruiser, I agree. But the current Toyota Land Cruiser

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyo...10/photos.html

is a boring full size SUV, which has nothing to do with the original.

Old August 19th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave[_4_]

"223rem" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
> and inexpensive, too.
>
> Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

Too bad it'll mostly be driven in remote areas of large American cities in
rush-hour traffic. -Dave

Old August 19th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave Head

On 18 Aug 2006 20:38:43 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:

>http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
>and inexpensive, too.
>
>Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

How much premium gas to they sell up there, anyway?

And I'd sure like to be able to buy an SUV like this, but that weighed closer
to my '93 Cherokee's 3055 curb weight. Why's everything have to be a
gas-mileage enemy and weigh 2 tons and better?

Dave Head
Old August 19th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> Eeyore > said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>
> >> http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyo.../standard.html
> >> and inexpensive, too.
> >>
> >> Would be great for remote areas of northern Canada.

> >This is a good vehicle in what way ? It looks ugly as sin to me !

> I think it looks way cool.

European and American ideas of good styling seem to be at wide variance. Aside
from a few we can agree on.

What's with the current vogue for slit like windows btw ?

Graham

Old August 19th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> Eeyore > said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>

> >"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
> >
> >> Eeyore > said in
> >> rec.autos.driving:

> >> I think it looks way cool.

> >European and American ideas of good styling seem to be at wide variance. Aside
> >from a few we can agree on.

> Yeah - y'all like boring, stuffy boxes on wheels like the Range Rover.
> Your version of the Corvette would probably look something like this:
>
> http://www.conejovalleyymca.org/trai...ars/cvcar4.jpg
>
> >What's with the current vogue for slit like windows btw ?

> Not sure what you mean. Can you post a link to a photo of the kind of
> windows you're talking about?

Chrysler 300C would be a good example. That Gangsta high waist / low roofline kind
of thing..

Graham.

Old August 19th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> Eeyore > said in
> rec.autos.driving:

> >> Not sure what you mean. Can you post a link to a photo of the kind of
> >> windows you're talking about?

> >Chrysler 300C would be a good example. That Gangsta high waist / low roofline kind
> >of thing..

> Probably yet another retro thing - kind of an homage to the
> chopped-top customized vehicles like this one:
>
> http://www.donshotrodpage.net/Editorials/custom007.JPG

Exactly so.

Graham