325 Anti-Theft Option?

Old December 28th 04, 11:14 PM
Yale Braunstein

Default 325 Anti-Theft Option?

It is entirely a pricing-based decision. The current 3-series and X3
vehicles are pre-wired for an alarm with tilt and interior motion
sensors, but you need to by the parts kit (about $275) and pay for
installation.

Old January 1st 05, 04:33 AM
Chip BROWN

Actually they have a very nice anti-theft feature built into all BMW's
irrespective of the break in kit....The key. It has an internal inverted
cut that is also electronically coded to the vehicle. Now lose your key
and go to the dealership for a replacement. You will need to provide
documentation that proves that you are who you say you are and that you are
the registered owner of the vehicle. On top of this BMW will only cut 10
keys for the life of the vehicle including the initial set. Lastly you can
have your dealership electronically turn off the lost or stolen key from the
vehicles memory so that if someone does find your old key they might be able
to get in but won't be able to start the vehicle.

If that isn't enough spend about $500.00 for the alarm kit for your 3, X3,
or Z4.

XM option, 3 or 5 series? Scott C BMW 1 December 3rd 04 02:31 PM
audis anti perforation warranty- REALLY DOES WORK fiorello Audi 2 September 18th 04 10:17 PM