cherokee sport

Old January 21st 05, 12:47 AM
john

Default cherokee sport

evening men, any input into the cherokee sport model from like 98 til
whenever they quit making them.. need something like it but dont want
the grand cherokee. thanks john jr

Old January 21st 05, 01:25 AM
HomeBrewer

I had a 99 sport since new. crashed it 6 months ago. i liked it very much
with these exceptions:

- A/C evaporator - they will die right after warranty expires, $900+ to
replace.
- Body panels had larger than normal gaps - road noise high, but not bad.
- black plastic trim faded
- no cruise control

Other than that it was my favorite vehicle.
--
__________________
HomeBrewer

Old January 21st 05, 02:37 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...92084&x=48&y=9
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 21st 05, 02:39 PM
Paw

Hey John,

Having the 98, I agree completely w/ the A/C evaporator - mine went also.
Cruise control was an option on the Sport - I have cruise control. No other
major issues. hth

Paul

Old January 21st 05, 05:55 PM
Jeff Lowe

OEM cruise control kits are available for most recent models. I got mine
at www.jeepsareus.com . Installation is easy, about an hour, opposable
thumbs not required.

--
jeff

Old January 22nd 05, 02:19 AM
Dave Best

Yup, my 97 sport, AC evap, changed myself, not a difficult job just
time consuming. Directional signal switch, fuel tank sender unit,
Catalitic converter and muffler, rear brake shoes, lift gate struts.
Right side ball joints, sway bar bushings, all the usual stuff. Love
the Jeep; Kick ass sound system, real easy to work on! and yes cruise
control and factory fog lights wire harness from www.jeepsareus.com
All other parts from www.tenaflyjeepmoparparts.com 30% off list

Old January 22nd 05, 03:35 PM
DANFXR

>evening men, any input into the cherokee sport model from like 98 til
>>whenever they quit making them.. need something like it but dont want
>>the grand cherokee. thanks john jr

>2000 Sport,5years 80,000miles,

1.Drivers window motor(warranty)
2.Transfer case output seal(did it myself about $30)
3.Blower resistor ($40)
4.Oil pressure switch ($30)
5.Transfer case switch,dash indicator ($26)

Easiest vehicle I have ever worked on. Minor stuff,mostly electrical. If I
could I would buy another.>

Old January 22nd 05, 04:42 PM
HomeBrewer

> 1.Drivers window motor(warranty)

Oh yea, I forgot I replaced both front window motors - $100 each for the
parts.

--
___________________

Old January 24th 05, 02:41 AM

1/20/05 18:47:010, john <jeeptj wrote:
>any input into the cherokee sport model from like 98 til
>whenever they quit making them.

Bought an XJ Sport new in '99.
Cruise control replaced under warranty.
Driver side window regulator replaced under warranty.
A/C evaporator replaced Aug '04 $809.46
I still don't understand why they quit making them. I'd buy another
one when this one wears out ... but that won't be anytime soon.

Rick
--
HeBjeepN
'99 XJ, Selec-Trac, Trac-Lok

2001 Cherokee Sport reconair Jeep 7 December 31st 04 04:37 AM
Snow chains for 2000 Cherokee Sport? Radio Chuck Jeep 2 December 23rd 04 02:54 PM
'93 Cherokee Sport -brakes Ralf Jeep 1 December 19th 04 02:30 AM
1999 jeep cherokee sport PAUL KRAUSE 4x4 1 October 20th 04 01:02 PM