The Germans can do it. Why can't we?

Old August 11th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

Default The Germans can do it. Why can't we?

"Brent P" > wrote
> In article >, Floyd Rogers wrote:
>>> A number are on sale here. I suppose they're modified to meet our
>>> standards.

>> Exactly. For instance, Chrysler minivans (as opposed to Dodge/Plymouth)
>> have dual headlights (low-beam + projector high beam) so that they meet
>> EC standards.

> There is some overlap in the two headlamp standards given what I learned
> from Daniel's posts.

Yeah; the reason for the projectors for high beam is that the physical
construction of the main (low) reflector won't meet EC
standards for distance, if given dual-filaments (like Dodge/Ply).

FloydR

Old August 11th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Default The Germans can do it. Why can't we MURDER LAURA?

OM wrote:
> Now, explain to me why the drivers like you have been source of road
> rage and unusual high number of accidents on I-25 between Denver and
> Colorado Springs. Police officers reported that lot of drivers like you
> are often the reason. They wanted to ticket those drivers for obscuring
> the traffic flow. Now, they do have the law in Colorado giving them the
> reason! It's called 'Stay on Right except to pass' law.

That law alone, if enforced nationally would save as many, if not more
lives than enforcing the speed limit IMO, not to mention drastically
cutting down on road-rage incidents in the process.

Also, the "deer in headlights" crowd who insists on creeping along in
the middle lane on a 3 lane carraigeway in thier mini-vans at 10-15 MPH
below the speed limit need to be made aware of this law. Most of them
have no clue as to how thier driving affects traffic flow, they are
like rolling chicane's.

Jim K. Georges

Old August 11th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

wrote:
> OM wrote:
> > Now, explain to me why the drivers like you have been source of road
> > rage and unusual high number of accidents on I-25 between Denver and
> > Colorado Springs. Police officers reported that lot of drivers like you
> > are often the reason. They wanted to ticket those drivers for obscuring
> > the traffic flow. Now, they do have the law in Colorado giving them the
> > reason! It's called 'Stay on Right except to pass' law.
> >

> That law alone, if enforced nationally would save as many, if not more
> lives than enforcing the speed limit IMO, not to mention drastically
> cutting down on road-rage incidents in the process.
>
> Also, the "deer in headlights" crowd who insists on creeping along in
> the middle lane on a 3 lane carraigeway in thier mini-vans at 10-15 MPH
> below the speed limit need to be made aware of this law. Most of them
> have no clue as to how thier driving affects traffic flow, they are
> like rolling chicane's.
>
> Jim K. Georges

Unfortunately the law in CO would not apply to them. CO's KRETP statute
passed several years ago only requires those slower than traffic flow
to stay out of the left-most lane. On a three-lane carriageway, the
slower driver would be legally allowed to use the middle lane.

Old August 11th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Carl Rogers

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

>>>Why do you let the media brainwash you

Strawman argument and slippery slope...

> >>into believing this "speed is cool" craziness?

...followed by false dilemma, overgeneralisation and dysphemism.

Old August 12th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Dave wants it up his fat ugly ass[_1_]

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:45:56 -0400, Rob > wrote:
>
> >Our interstates should be like this. According to everything I have
> >read, their accident rates are no higher than ours. They may even be
> >lower.
> >.
> >http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att...tm#speedlimits

> Fortunately all americans are not psycho-homos like you who think
> endangering other drivers makes you a big man. Why do you let the
> media brainwash you into believing this "speed is cool" craziness?

Dave doesn't let them brainwash him because he doesn't have a brain.

Old August 12th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Clark F Morris

On 11 Aug 2006 12:07:07 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
>> OM wrote:
>> > Now, explain to me why the drivers like you have been source of road
>> > rage and unusual high number of accidents on I-25 between Denver and
>> > Colorado Springs. Police officers reported that lot of drivers like you
>> > are often the reason. They wanted to ticket those drivers for obscuring
>> > the traffic flow. Now, they do have the law in Colorado giving them the
>> > reason! It's called 'Stay on Right except to pass' law.
>> >

>> That law alone, if enforced nationally would save as many, if not more
>> lives than enforcing the speed limit IMO, not to mention drastically
>> cutting down on road-rage incidents in the process.
>>
>> Also, the "deer in headlights" crowd who insists on creeping along in
>> the middle lane on a 3 lane carraigeway in thier mini-vans at 10-15 MPH
>> below the speed limit need to be made aware of this law. Most of them
>> have no clue as to how thier driving affects traffic flow, they are
>> like rolling chicane's.
>>
>> Jim K. Georges

>Unfortunately the law in CO would not apply to them. CO's KRETP statute
>passed several years ago only requires those slower than traffic flow
>to stay out of the left-most lane. On a three-lane carriageway, the
>slower driver would be legally allowed to use the middle lane.

One reason why some people might travel the middle lane is the way
some highways have the right lane disappear or be just an entry-exit
lane. Try driving Nova Scotia 111 between the Mackay Bridge and the
Portland Street exit and you will see an example of why some people
might stay a lot further left than would seem necessary. Also there
are some older highways with exits close together and inadequate
acceleration/deceleration lanes.
Old August 12th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Clark F Morris wrote:

>>Unfortunately the law in CO would not apply to them. CO's KRETP statute
>>passed several years ago only requires those slower than traffic flow
>>to stay out of the left-most lane. On a three-lane carriageway, the
>>slower driver would be legally allowed to use the middle lane.

> One reason why some people might travel the middle lane is the way
> some highways have the right lane disappear or be just an entry-exit
> lane. Try driving Nova Scotia 111 between the Mackay Bridge and the
> Portland Street exit and you will see an example of why some people
> might stay a lot further left than would seem necessary. Also there
> are some older highways with exits close together and inadequate
> acceleration/deceleration lanes.

I see the behavior where no such conditions exist. Also I have used the
right lane to both pass and drive slowly where the exit and on ramps are
close together with just normal issues. (ie the merge impaired) Driving
slowly in the middle lane for that excuse in any case is just being
selfish. They don't want to deal with the issues that come with driving
slower than everyone else so they become a problem for other people to
make things easier on themselves.

Old August 12th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

bill wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend managed to put the following
> "thought" together despite ample evidence of severe mental retardation:
> > You don't HAVE to speed just cause others do.

> If there was no speed limit on Interstates where it's prudent to remove
> such restrictions, they wouldn't be speeding, would they?
> THINK!

There is no place where it's prudent to remove speed limits. You might
as well talk about legalizing child - molesting. Bad example - you're
in favor of that too, aren't you?

Old August 12th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On 11 Aug 2006 15:14:42 -0700, "Carl Rogers" >
wrote:

>Strawman argument and slippery slope...

> ...followed by false dilemma, overgeneralisation and dysphemism.

Translation - I hit a nerve and you're boiling mad. HAHAHA