Order Of Error Codes

Old December 3rd 04, 03:35 PM
Michale

Mike Behnke > wrote in :

> Michale wrote:
>

>> This car has been flooded, thanx to our wonderful hurricane season we
>> just finished up down here in Central FL. I suspect some of the
>> electrical connections are a tad wanky, hence the inconsistency in the
>> error codes.
>>

> So now is a good time to probably either:
>
> 1) Pull all of the electrical connections that one can get at apart,
> clean the contact and apply dielectric grease.
>
> 2) Sell the car.

Option one is my best bet as option two has already been vetoed by the
spousal unit. Regardless of it's problems or the hassles, she loves her
car.

While I have ya'all reading, does anyone know what vicinity of the car the
VSS (Vehicle Speed Senor) that is attached to the transaxle is located?

Thanx

Michale

Old December 3rd 04, 04:19 PM
Michale

Michale > wrote in
:

> Mike Behnke > wrote in
> :
>
>> Michale wrote:
>>

>>> This car has been flooded, thanx to our wonderful hurricane season
>>> we just finished up down here in Central FL. I suspect some of the
>>> electrical connections are a tad wanky, hence the inconsistency in
>>> the error codes.
>>>

>> So now is a good time to probably either:
>>
>> 1) Pull all of the electrical connections that one can get at
>> apart,
>> clean the contact and apply dielectric grease.
>>
>> 2) Sell the car.
>>

> Option one is my best bet as option two has already been vetoed by the
> spousal unit. Regardless of it's problems or the hassles, she loves
> her car.
>
> While I have ya'all reading, does anyone know what vicinity of the car
> the VSS (Vehicle Speed Senor) that is attached to the transaxle is
> located?
>
> Thanx
>
> Michale

Well, looks like I have had quite a bit of success. I DID find the VSS
and replaced it. Put the TPS back on like I had it.

Cleared the error codes as previously directed and VIOLA.....

Error codes show 12 then 55. A very good thing.

I have yet to test drive very far so I am not sure if it is still
stuttering like it was last night. But the BAD news is, the Speedometer
still does not work.

I am guessing it is the Pinion Factor on the PCM that is unset. However,
I was told this could only be set by a dealer.

Michale

Old December 3rd 04, 04:19 PM
Michale

Michale > wrote in
:

Old December 3rd 04, 04:52 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Michale wrote:

> Well, looks like I have had quite a bit of success. I DID find the VSS
> and replaced it. Put the TPS back on like I had it.
> Cleared the error codes as previously directed and VIOLA.....
> Error codes show 12 then 55. A very good thing.

It'll always show 12 and 55 after clearing but before test driving.

DS
Old December 3rd 04, 04:52 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 3rd 04, 04:56 PM
Wes Faul

Please let me know what this turns out to be.
I have a 90 dodge spirit that had fault codes 15 and 24. I have to pump the
gas to keep it running. I disconnected the battery to clear out the fault
codes, started the car and kept it running for a few minutes. Checked the
error codes - nothing. Started the car again and kept it running until it
warmed up. Checked the error codes - nothing. Started the car again and
took it for a few laps around the park & ride (where it conveniently broke
down - 40 minutes from home). Checked the error codes again - still
nothing. I was originally told it was probably the AIS, so I blindly
replaced that (before checking the fault codes). After I checked the fault
codes the first time, I bought a new TPS and installed it - nothing. I
ended up putting the old one back in and putting the new one back in the box
and put it on my shelf 'just in case'. Right now, it's looking like it's a
fuel pump issue (or ASD relay).
Wes

"Michale" > wrote in message
> This is kinda strange. I am beginning to think it is a "Ghost In The
> Machine" issue.
>
> Anyways, I have posted about my error codes. If I recall correctly, the
> sequence of error codes was:
>
> 12 15 46 25 24 23
>

> Now, 12 I know is a no biggie code. 46 came up only a couple times and I
> have not seen it in a couple days. So, last night, right before I

replaced
> the TPS unit, I did a code check and got this:
>

> 12 15 25 24
>
> In that order.
>

> After replacing the TPS, I drove the car around the block for testing and
> when I got back, I did the error code check again.
>

> This time the order was
>
> 12 24 15 25
>

> As you can see, the TPS error code is still there but has shifted position
> from the last on the list to the second. Now, I am thinking that there

may

Old December 3rd 04, 04:56 PM
Wes Faul

Old December 3rd 04, 07:07 PM
Michale

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in
n.umich.edu:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Michale wrote:
>
>> Well, looks like I have had quite a bit of success. I DID find the VSS
>> and replaced it. Put the TPS back on like I had it.
>> Cleared the error codes as previously directed and VIOLA.....
>> Error codes show 12 then 55. A very good thing.

> It'll always show 12 and 55 after clearing but before test driving.
>
> DS

Looks like my happiness was premature....

I did the error code test and then did a test drive.

Before the test drive, all I got was 12 and 55.

After the test drive, the VSS code (15) popped back up.

I cleared the codes.

12-55 again.

Did a test drive.

12-15-55.

Arrrggghhhhhhh

Michale

Old December 3rd 04, 07:07 PM
Michale

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in
n.umich.edu:

Old December 3rd 04, 08:20 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Michale wrote:

> After the test drive, the VSS code (15) popped back up.

Have you inspected the VSS socket carefully to make sure the terminals
haven't spread? Squeeze them with a pair of pliers through the rubber boot
if necessary; make sure they're making good contact.

Mail order from Canada to US? David BMW 0 October 19th 04 05:32 PM
Firing order? lp13-30 Chrysler 4 October 17th 04 05:09 PM
what kind of sheet metal to order? Paul Farber 4x4 6 May 3rd 04 08:11 PM