I need cheap wheels for my 1999 V6 Firebird. What cars use similar ones?

Old January 9th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
PLATO

Default I need cheap wheels for my 1999 V6 Firebird. What cars use similar ones?

I got my first car a couple months ago. My boss told me that I might be
able to find a set of cheap rims, if someone bought a new car with
identically sized ones and immediately upgraded them. My tires are
P225 60R/16 and I have five lug nuts. Anyone know of car models that
would use the same size rims? Any other ideas for where to get some
affordable ones?

--
PLATO
Old January 9th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Jan 8, 9:47*pm, PLATO > wrote:
> I got my first car a couple months ago. My boss told me that I might be
> able to find a set of cheap rims, if someone bought a new car with
> identically sized ones and immediately upgraded them. My tires are
> P225 60R/16 and I have five lug nuts. Anyone know of car models that
> would use the same size rims? Any other ideas for where to get some
> affordable ones?
>
> --
> PLATO

Your local junk yard should have plenty.
Old January 10th 11, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default I need cheap wheels for my 1999 V6 Firebird. What cars usesim...

Sometimes, used tires places have some wheels.You might check them out
too.
cuhulin

Old January 11th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-01-09, PLATO > wrote:
> I got my first car a couple months ago. My boss told me that I might be
> able to find a set of cheap rims, if someone bought a new car with
> identically sized ones and immediately upgraded them. My tires are
> P225 60R/16 and I have five lug nuts. Anyone know of car models that
> would use the same size rims? Any other ideas for where to get some
> affordable ones?

Look up the actual rim size, yours will be 16x? where ? is the width.
probably 16x7 (just a guess). Then get the bolt pattern size. From there
you can find out what crosses over. But, you have a GM F-body. There
should be wheels glaore out there, you could probably even upgrade to
the V8 model's wheels (which would mean new tires of course) relatively
cheaply via craigslist or an F-body forum.

If you just want cheap steel rims for snow tires, tirerack.com probably
has a package.

Old January 11th 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
phaeton

Aside from local sources, Summit has some alright wheels too. Some
steel, some aluminum. If you live in a place where you'll be driving
in road salt, it's almost worth the extra $30/wheel to go aluminum.

-J