OT? 924 Tranny

Old September 25th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

Default OT? 924 Tranny

Hello all - not sure how off topic this one is ?

Wifey has a 924s .
The Gear selector snapped - the arm into the box .

I had a quick look and it seems like its a similar transaxle to the bug. -
just in backwards !

So - is it the same ? Can I fix the selecter arm ? anybody done any work
on a 924s ?

Thanks
Rich

Old September 29th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

tricky wrote:
> Hello all - not sure how off topic this one is ?
>
> Wifey has a 924s .
> The Gear selector snapped - the arm into the box .
>
> I had a quick look and it seems like its a similar transaxle to the bug. -
> just in backwards !
>
> So - is it the same ? Can I fix the selecter arm ? anybody done any work
> on a 924s ?
>
> Thanks
> Rich

Rich as I know the 924 tranny bell houseing sets behind the engine and
the gearbox is in the rear between the rear wheels, and has a sealed
drive shaft. I don't believe you can adapted a 924 tranny to work in a
beetle. What you should be looking for is a Porsche 901 tranny.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old October 1st 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky

Hi Mario
Thanks for the reply, but you got the wrong end of the stick !!

Wifey has a Porsche 924s and the gear selector arm snapped !

I have had a closer look, and it isn't like the beetle selector.

Thanks anyway

Rich

ups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

tricky wrote:
> Hi Mario
> Thanks for the reply, but you got the wrong end of the stick !!
>
> Wifey has a Porsche 924s and the gear selector arm snapped !
>
> I have had a closer look, and it isn't like the beetle selector.
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> Rich
>
> > Vintage Werks resto

Sorry Rich

I really have to stop trying to answer questions after long work days/
weeks,

I know changing the clutches in a 924 is a real pain. The set upas I
remember you had to drop the rear end to remove the bell housing.

She better become your sex slave for a week if you fix it for her I'm
sure it will be very expensive if you have to take it to a shop.

What sucks is in Germany a 924 had a 5 cylinder engine, useing the
same block that the euro Audi 100 used.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto