OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Old October 21st 04, 12:53 AM
Speedy Jim

Default OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Shaggie wrote:

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN
IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Good one.

Now explain to your son why we are not this very day bombing the
livin' **** out of Sudan because its gov't is allowing the
extermination of thousands.

Oh....I forgot; the ones in the death camps are BLACK.
And...we don't want to **** off the Sudanese 'cuz of their oil
and the lucrative contracts held by the high and mighty of
several countries.

hy-poc-ri-sy (hi pok'ruh see) n. pl. <-sies>
1. the false profession of desirable or
publicly approved qualities, beliefs, or
feelings, esp. a pretense of having
virtues, moral principles, or religious
beliefs that one does not really possess.

Jim Mais
Old October 21st 04, 01:01 AM
Shaggie

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:53:46 -0400, Speedy Jim > wrote:

>Shaggie wrote:
>
> "YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN
> IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"
>

> Good one.
>
> Now explain to your son why we are not this very day bombing the
> livin' **** out of Sudan because its gov't is allowing the
> extermination of thousands.
>
> Oh....I forgot; the ones in the death camps are BLACK.
> And...we don't want to **** off the Sudanese 'cuz of their oil
> and the lucrative contracts held by the high and mighty of
> several countries.
>
> hy-poc-ri-sy (hi pok'ruh see) n. pl. <-sies>
> 1. the false profession of desirable or
> publicly approved qualities, beliefs, or
> feelings, esp. a pretense of having
> virtues, moral principles, or religious
> beliefs that one does not really possess.
>
> Jim Mais

Like I said:
Love it, hate it, ignore it, make a complete ass of yourself over it,
whatever. :-)

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old October 21st 04, 01:02 AM
Shaggie

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:45:57 +0200, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:

>How pathethic Travis this is even low by your standards...

Even low by my standards, eh? Don't hold back, now.
Like I said.....

Old October 21st 04, 03:36 AM
Hairy

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message ...
> Shaggie wrote:
>
> "YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN
> IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"
>

> Good one.
>
> Now explain to your son why we are not this very day bombing the
> livin' **** out of Sudan because its gov't is allowing the
> extermination of thousands.

And after Sudan, there are dozens of others that don't live up to our moral
standards. We'll have to work N. Korea in there somewhere, since they do
actually have WMD's. Shrubbie is going to be very busy, indeed.

Hairy (Kerry/Edwards...the only choice)

Old October 21st 04, 03:44 AM
WES PEARSON

All in due time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Wes Pearson
* Why Yes! I am a real Helicopter Pilot!!! *

Old October 21st 04, 05:52 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Hairy"

>Hairy (Kerry/Edwards...the only choice)

"the only choice"...thats funny....i choose to laugh at that and you....
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old October 21st 04, 06:14 AM
Kidd Andersson

Just couldn't keep your mouth shut could ya' Shag? J/K

On a different note, I was highly entertained when a 3rd grader asked me today
who I was voting for. I told him, and he agreed with me that it was the better
candidate (and no, I'm not telling you guys because it's my business). I asked
him why he thought so, and he gave me some really good answers.
I don't know why we're just now getting around to educating our children about
politics but it's about damn time! At the same time, another kid asked ME why
we're at war. I've always been about the most non-political person you'd ever
meet. I didn't care about it. As I've gotten older and have a daughter of my
own I realize I *have* to care, because the future of America is in her hands.
Our kids have to be educated so when they're older they can understand and make
the right choices. I wish someone had bothered to fill me in on this stuff when
I was a kid. When I would ask my father (A very opinionated politic hound)
about the President (George Sr) or anything else government related I was told
"It's adult stuff, Honey. You wouldn't understand." Well I would have if
someone had explained it to me!

Sorry. Just an observation and small rant. No reply necessary.

Kidd
"We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump
off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."
Old October 21st 04, 08:12 AM
Jan

There's a name for it... Propaganda.

BTW, Shaggie didn't write it.

Jan
Old October 21st 04, 08:19 AM
P.J.Berg

Shaggie wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:45:57 +0200, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:
>

>> How pathethic Travis this is even low by your standards...

> Even low by my standards, eh? Don't hold back, now.
> Like I said.....

All still in friendly terms Travis. :0)

J.

Old October 21st 04, 02:14 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Shaggie wrote:
> WE must remove evil men from power so that
> we can continue to live in a free world where we are
> not afraid to look out our window so that my nine
> year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels
> that if he just "closes" that blinds the atrocities
> in he world won't affect him.
>
> "YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN
> IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

And shout a lot, apparently.

(I know I am going to regret this.)

<Dons asbestos underpants>

"But Daddy -- I don't think he has any big guns or anything . . . what
about that awful Mr. Green next door to him? We know he hates us and he
is building some really big guns! And that loony little guy over the
fence behind our house? He hates darn near everyone and already has big
guns and kills his family and friends, too"

"Never mind about them, son. This guy has me ****ed off. You don't ****
guys like me off, because we like to swagger and act cocky.

"No, we're gonna get this guy and I'll tell you how.

"First, you lie to everyone to try to get them to help. Lying is okay if
you are sure that you are right. What you could do is tell everyone a
big lie that the bad man is collecting really big guns and is planning
to come into their houses and kill them, too. Just get everyone really
scared, because you have to protect yourself by doing whatever it takes
to hurt him!

"Second, don't worry about hurting him before he hurts us. It's an okay
thing to do -- why, just last week at Mae's Cafe the guy sitting next to
me looked like he was thinking about hitting me so I hit him first. I
had to protect myself!

"Third, if you're making these decisions, this makes you very important.
So you should be careful. A lot of his family members and some of the
other neighbors will not agree that you have any business in the bad
man's house, so they are going to fight you even after you capture him.
It will be very dangerous, and many will be killed, So the smart thing
to do is send in the people you lied to to do the work for you. So son:
here's your gun -- go get him. Daddy will be waiting here at home."

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus