Lowering a 2002 330xi

Old August 11th 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom[_7_]

Default Lowering a 2002 330xi

If I lower my xi, will my same size tires and wheels still fit? Going
to lower it about 1.5 inches.

Tom
Old August 11th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

No, you will need to get 13" tires.

Old August 11th 06, 03:07 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom[_7_]

Naw, come on, is there anything I have to worry about with tires?

Old August 11th 06, 03:16 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Frankly, I'm not sure.

You should be able to create an AWD 330i without too much trouble. I assume
the 330xi will have skinny tires and a higher ride-height as compared to the
straight 330i, and lowering to the straight 330i height should not be too
much of a problem.

I missed the xi part on the first go around, and dialed in on the 330 part.
The 330 is already suspended pretty nicely, and lowering that car is more
than I can imagine. It occurs to me that the xi can be suspended
considerably higher for lots of reasons, mostly having to do with whenever
AWD is actually needed, ground clearance might be a welcome feature as well.

Old August 11th 06, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom[_7_]

Tires are 235/40/18...I want to buy some new ones, but am leary about
doing the suspension change and using the same size tires....just in
case they don't fit anymore. But the xi does have a lot of vertical
room it can lose....it's pretty tall.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> Frankly, I'm not sure.
>
> You should be able to create an AWD 330i without too much trouble. I
> assume the 330xi will have skinny tires and a higher ride-height as
> compared to the straight 330i, and lowering to the straight 330i height
> should not be too much of a problem.
>
> I missed the xi part on the first go around, and dialed in on the 330
> part. The 330 is already suspended pretty nicely, and lowering that car
> is more than I can imagine. It occurs to me that the xi can be suspended
> considerably higher for lots of reasons, mostly having to do with
> whenever AWD is actually needed, ground clearance might be a welcome
> feature as well.

Changing features in a 2002 BMW 330xi without going to the dealer. Andre BMW 5 April 5th 06 03:49 AM
10 years ago who would have thunk this? [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 June 30th 05 03:20 AM
Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
2002 330xi AM radio problems JDM BMW 0 January 16th 05 03:26 AM
"Service Engine Soon" 2002 330xi Jim BMW 2 November 19th 04 12:50 AM