1994 740Il no trans

Old March 24th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 1994 740Il no trans

Should I buy this car and put a trans in. Where could I get one ? What
should look out for in a 1994 740il ? I heard of some engines that
needed to be changed due to US fuel

Old March 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I wrote to this group to get some info. I like the 740il looks great
and has the color and options I want. I like projects. I have talented
mechanic that will help. I am getting rid of my q45. SO I know all
about maintance.
I believe this group was designed to share info, not to bash members of
the group.
Now abit out the KIA, does BMW offer maintance with thier leases ? I
guess that is for wanna be BMW owners who can't afford maintence. I
hate people saying that they have a BMW and it is a 3 series.
at least a getting a BMW is the BMW standard.
The reason I am getting a project BMW is because I want to fit with the
best parts I can put it. I am looking for a trick tranny to put in. One
that shifts great and cruises great.
I will be able to hit gas pedal and corner at the same time. Then
cruise down the highway for my 500 mile drives.
And about the top model BMW I thought the 750 and 850 were the top
cars.
You are supposed to be the admin of this group ?
www.q45.org does a great job. Maybe you should look there.
John email me

Old March 27th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

wrote:

> I wrote to this group to get some info. I like the 740il looks great
> and has the color and options I want. I like projects. I have talented
> mechanic that will help. I am getting rid of my q45. SO I know all
> about maintance.

You don't know how to spell it (maintenance.) Mebbe your talented
mechanic does. I imagine he LOVES you if you hand thim this sort of
project. It's pretty much an unlimited well of $$$ for him.

> I believe this group was designed to share info, not to bash members of
> the group.

If you consider that a "bash" - you are very thin skinned. And Usenet
"news" groups are not forums or lists and there is no "design" to them.

Also no one moderating them - so if you're thin skinned..

Your initial message sounded like it came from a clueless 16 year old
who found a junker 7 series and wants to make a runner out of it. You
gave no clues that you know which end of a screwdriver to use, or that
anyone you know does. It still isn't clear to me that you do, but we'll
continue onwards anyway 'cause it's Monday morning.

> Now abit out the KIA, does BMW offer maintance with thier leases ? I
> guess that is for wanna be BMW owners who can't afford maintence.

Are you going somewhere with this that makes sense? Maintenance is added
to BMW's so they can SELL/LEASE them and so hopefully the leased cars
they still own (when they lease them - they still own them) get at least
the occasional oil change. No other real reason to do it.

> I hate people saying that they have a BMW and it is a 3 series.

A 3 series isn't a BMW? I'm confused.. you are gonna have to tell us
what's a BMW or isn't a BMW. I really think that NONE of the cars are
BMW's - only the motorcycles count. You have your (bizarre) standards, I
have my (bizarre) standards.

Does seem rather odd that you're a model snob before even owning one.

Tell'ya what - I hate people saying they own a Rolls and it's only a
Corniche. If it's not a Silver Spur it's just not a Rolls. How that?

> at least a getting a BMW is the BMW standard.
> The reason I am getting a project BMW is because I want to fit with the
> best parts I can put it. I am looking for a trick tranny to put in. One
> that shifts great and cruises great.

There is no "trick tranny" - there is ONE transmission that will work
with that car due to the electronics involved and that's it. There are
different sources for a rebuilt - from ZF themselves to the local
garage. Pay your money and take your choice. (Actually pay ALL your
money and hope it works when you're done..)

> I will be able to hit gas pedal and corner at the same time. Then
> cruise down the highway for my 500 mile drives.
> And about the top model BMW I thought the 750 and 850 were the top
> cars.

Depends on what you consider "top" - I personally consider the Z8 top
dog - but it's just a car. Really top model BMW is a K1200RS.

> You are supposed to be the admin of this group ?

Another admission of cluelessness. Read above about newsgroups. You've
just entered the wild-west part of the internet. No holds barred. If you
can't take the heat..

Oh, yeah - right! I'm the admin and I just tossed you out.

www.q45.org does a great job. Maybe you should look there.

Since I don't drive and never would own a Q45 I see no reason to look
there. Perhaps you should keep your Q ship. Sounds like you and it are a
perfect match (meant in only the very nicest way..)

> John email me

Not a chance.

Old March 28th 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> wrote
> Should I buy this car and put a trans in. Where could I get one ? What
> should look out for in a 1994 740il ? I heard of some engines that
> needed to be changed due to US fuel

A '94 740 might indeed have a bad engine. Go to
http://www.koalamotorsport.com/article-m60v8.asp
and see if the motor in the car you're looking at could be bad.

FloydR