Being Awake And Staying Awake - versus - Being Told "You Need Sleep!" {HRI note 20060907}

Old September 7th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
Koos Nolst Trenite

Default Being Awake And Staying Awake - versus - Being Told "You Need Sleep!" {HRI note 20060907}

Being Awake And Staying Awake - versus - Being Told "You Need Sleep!"

{HRI note 20060907}

'

Again,* if others told you this, then I would not have to, and I could
go sailing and do other things you know I enjoy, like art and music
and some Fine Particle Physics research for you.

I quote: **

As song birds at dawn on the farm awaken the early risers,
one person is already up;

in fact, he never slept - not once in the past 33 years.

'

You'd think, going without sleep for that long may have its
drawbacks, but not for the man in Vietnam's central Quang Nam
province,

who has never been ill after decades of staying awake.

'

His ability to stay awake has not only made him famous, but also
represents a phenomenon worthy of study.

'

'

Sixty-four-year-old Vietnamese citizen Thai Ngoc, known as Hai
Ngoc, said he stayed awake permanently after running a fever in
1973, *(1) and counted more than 11,700 consecutive days of
staying awake.

Proving his health as a farmer, as an elderly resident of the Que
Trung farming commune, in the Que Son district,

he still can carry two 50 kg (100 pound) bags of
fertilizer down 4 km (2.5 miles) of road, walking home,
every day.

'

'

Mr. Ngoc currently lives on his 5 ha (12 acres) farm at the foot
of a mountain, busy with farming and taking care of pigs and
chickens all day. His six children live at their house in Que
Trung.

Ngoc often does extra farm work, or guards his farm at night to
prevent theft, and said it took him three months, using the
extra time of nights, to dig two large ponds to raise fish.

His neighbor, by the name of Vu, said Ngoc volunteered the help
of beating the funeral drum during the night, and to guard the
house of the relatives of the dead, so that these could
take a nap.

Neighbor Vu also said, that when the farming commune was planting
sugar cane, several people asked Ngoc to awaken them at midnight
to go to work, since he was up anyway.

** (Quoted from, and, to remove the usual political and
traditional 'lowest common average "equals" "true" and
"normal"'-terminology and -viewpoint

which we know so well from the Medical tradition

- characterized by Medical arrogance, while
strewn with Medical evil its arrogance
covers so well - *(2)

now edited out by me, to enhance and validate

a benign, very well-meaning newspaper article, entitled

'Vietnam Man Stays Awake For Three Decades'

- Reported by Vu Phuong Thao - Translated by Thu Thuy
- Story from Thanh Nien News,
published 14 Feb 2006 12:51:09 (GMT+7)
- Copyright Thanh Nien News)

'

I will add more in due course, if nobody else has the courage to take
up this unimaginably vital and hugely humanitarian subject.

Koos Nolst Trenite "Cause Trinity"
human rights philosopher and poet

Sooner or later,
I will inevitably come down
on anyone who tries to harm others:

I love people that intensely.

Koos Nolst Trenite
"Cause Trinity"
human rights philosopher
and poet

__________
[First Law of Human Rights]
* [Intro to Head of State]
[Justice]

_________
Footnotes:

(1) [His body's reaction in order to reject certain harmful Energies]
'Defining The Major Harmful Or Bad Energies
- As They Are Created And Projected By Criminal Minds'
{HRI 20030611}
(11 June 2003)
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...8a8ef2de?fwc=1

(2) 'A Bottomless Money Drain: The Licensed Medical Trade - Medical
Research, Charities, Foundations, Universities And Hospitals
CONTEMPT Of Your Suffering And Of Mankind'
(13 February 2006 - Version 1.0.1 on 20 Feb 2006)
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.a...ca8ce9dc?fwc=1
(13 February 2006)
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...040b6719?fwc=1
'

____________
Verification:

http://www.angelfire.com/space/platoworld

Copyright 2006 by Koos Nolst Trenite - human rights philosopher
and poet
This is 'learnware' - it may not be altered, and it is free for
anyone who learns from it, and (even if he can not learn from it)
who passes it on unaltered, and with this message included,
to others who might be able to learn from it.
None of my writings may be used, ever, to support any political
or religious or scientific agenda, but only to educate, and to
encourage people to judge un-dominated and for themselves,
about any organizations or individuals.
Send free-of-Envy and free-of-Hate, Beautiful e-mails to:
PlatoWorld at Lycos.com
(address unreadable for Internet robots
- replace ' at ' with the '@' symbol)

Old September 7th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected]

Ok...so, what's the point?

Old September 8th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
gringo

wrote:
> Ok...so, what's the point?

Does everything have to have a point? Can't some things be posted
simply for the human interest?

--
*fas-cism* (fash'iz'em) n. A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.
-- The American Heritage Dictionary, 1983

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is...I think it's also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn."
------George W. Bush to the Houston Chronicle, April 9th, 1999
Old September 8th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
Matt Whiting

gringo wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Ok...so, what's the point?
>>

> Does everything have to have a point? Can't some things be posted
> simply for the human interest?

Only if they are interesting ... and this isn't.

Matt
Old September 8th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
TruckingNoob

"gringo" > wrote in message
.. .
> wrote:
>> Ok...so, what's the point?
>>

> Does everything have to have a point? Can't some things be posted simply
> for the human interest?

Sure, but can you learn to SNIP ****? Maybe keep only what is RELEVANT.??
I really don't understand people's lack of basic deletion so that you don't
have to look throguh tons of CRAP just to see someone one line BS.

Learn to use DELETE!

Old September 8th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected]

Default -

> Learn to use DELETE!

ok

Old September 8th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
Chris W

>> Learn to use DELETE!
>
> ok

Very good Now everyone else learn by example.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old September 8th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
Peter R.

TruckingNoob > wrote:

> Sure, but can you learn to SNIP ****? Maybe keep only what is RELEVANT.??
> I really don't understand people's lack of basic deletion so that you don't
> have to look throguh tons of CRAP just to see someone one line BS.

Occasionally there are cross posts that are very educational. For example,
with this thread I didn't realize there was a newsgroup devoted to
truckers. When I picture a trucker I picture someone not familiar with the
Internet or specifically, Usenet. Now I know better.

--
Peter
Old September 8th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected]

Peter R. wrote:
> Occasionally there are cross posts that are very educational. For example,
> with this thread I didn't realize there was a newsgroup devoted to
> truckers. When I picture a trucker I picture someone not familiar with the
> Internet or specifically, Usenet. Now I know better.
>
> --
> Peter

But most are nothing but a PITA

Old September 8th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.boats,rec.radio.shortwave
TruckingNoob

"Peter R." > wrote in message

> Occasionally there are cross posts that are very educational. For
> example,
> with this thread I didn't realize there was a newsgroup devoted to
> truckers. When I picture a trucker I picture someone not familiar with
> the
> Internet or specifically, Usenet. Now I know better.

In that case I must say you are very short sighted. And no it's not a
flame. But I know people in thier 80's that could show people about
computers and the internet. And not just in thier 80's. Never for one minute
assume that there isn't a boundless amount of people of ALL background types
out here, in and on usenet, as well as the internet. That included less
desirables as well.