Quieter tires for VUE?

Old January 7th 05, 12:46 AM

Default Quieter tires for VUE?

Anyone want to recommend quieter tires for the VUE? I like my 2004 a
lot - it drives really well, et cetera - but the tires are just plain
LOUD, especially on some of the poor-quality concrete roadbeds in the
SF Bay Area. I'm wondering if a change of tires will quiet the ride
some, or if it's just something I'll have to live with.

best
mh

Old January 7th 05, 04:06 AM
ProfWdesk1

Michellens
Old January 7th 05, 02:44 PM
Art

Consumer Reports rates tires quite frequently. Check it out at the library.
The only problem is that some tires get hard and noisier overtime......
like some Goodyear Eagles LS that I got rid of.

ups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 09:48 PM
B. Peg

> Anyone want to recommend quieter tires for the VUE? I like my 2004 a
> lot - it drives really well, et cetera - but the tires are just plain
> LOUD, especially on some of the poor-quality concrete roadbeds in the
> SF Bay Area. I'm wondering if a change of tires will quiet the ride
> some, or if it's just something I'll have to live with.

My independent Goodyear dealer, who's been around seemingly forever, sold me
some Goodyear something-or-others. Problem was that they are a very soft
rubber to dampen noise and they wore out in maybe 20,000 miles. Since they
had a higher rubber content, they also cost maybe twice as much as most
other tires. They were a lot quieter and they gripped far better than the
harder rubber Michelin's on the vehicle now. The heat also takes its toll
on the softer rubber tires should you venture into the Valley in the summer.
There's a trade-off there somewhere.

B~

Old January 10th 05, 05:04 PM
Chuck

You might try checking out this site . . .
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...3&autoModClar=
They have tire reviews.
I just bought 2 tires from them to match the factory Bridgestones -
great on-line shopping experience and next-day delivery.