GT Legends crashes

Old August 17th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Txl

Default GT Legends crashes

Hello,

I've got a copy of GTL, installed it, the game starts, I can set up options and all I want but when I get to the start of the game I get a window saying that GTL has crashed, bla bla bla with the interesting windows details and I have to go back to the desktop.

I use a Geforce 5700 board whoich is running GTR, GPL, F1C and TRACKMANIA (that's fun) for instance.

I've upgraded with the 1.1 patch and the same **** happens, what could I check ?

Thanks for the help

--
Email contact

http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa
Old August 18th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ironhand

"Txl" > wrote in message newsp.tef4qcxparkwbw@acer...
> Hello,
>
> I've got a copy of GTL, installed it, the game starts, I can set up
> options and all I want but when I get to the start of the game I get a
> window saying that GTL has crashed, bla bla bla with the interesting
> windows details and I have to go back to the desktop.
>
> I use a Geforce 5700 board whoich is running GTR, GPL, F1C and TRACKMANIA
> (that's fun) for instance.
>
> I've upgraded with the 1.1 patch and the same **** happens, what could I
> check ?
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> --
> Email contact
>
> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

If you goto the Gt Legends website - you'll see that they have a link to a
patch for the version of Starforce that was used with it. Starforce would
cause some computers to crash when running the game - which would normally
cause a full restart. Have a look at the patches section of
http://www.gt-legends.com/support_en.php

Quoted from the GT Legends website:
" StarForce have issued an updated driver which should fix the reboot/BSOD
problem which may be experienced on some systems when running the GT Legends
demo. To install this update please download the "SFUPDATE tool" provided on
the following web page: "

Just another reason for not using anything protected by Starforce if you ask
me.

Ironhand

Old August 18th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Txl

Le Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:12:26 +0200, Ironhand > a écrit:

> "Txl" > wrote in message newsp.tef4qcxparkwbw@acer...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got a copy of GTL, installed it, the game starts, I can set up
>> options and all I want but when I get to the start of the game I get a
>> window saying that GTL has crashed, bla bla bla with the interesting
>> windows details and I have to go back to the desktop.
>>
>> I use a Geforce 5700 board whoich is running GTR, GPL, F1C and TRACKMANIA
>> (that's fun) for instance.
>>
>> I've upgraded with the 1.1 patch and the same **** happens, what could I
>> check ?
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>>
>> --
>> Email contact
>>
>> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

> If you goto the Gt Legends website - you'll see that they have a link to a
> patch for the version of Starforce that was used with it. Starforce would
> cause some computers to crash when running the game - which would normally
> cause a full restart. Have a look at the patches section of
> http://www.gt-legends.com/support_en.php
>
> Quoted from the GT Legends website:
> " StarForce have issued an updated driver which should fix the reboot/BSOD
> problem which may be experienced on some systems when running the GT Legends
> demo. To install this update please download the "SFUPDATE tool" provided on
> the following web page: "
>
> Just another reason for not using anything protected by Starforce if you ask
> me.
>
> Ironhand

Hello,

Thanks for the tips, I did that and the same thing happens, as soon as I exit the menus I have the same crash window telling me that GTL will stop because of a problem.

I have 91.33 nvidia drivers, athlon 3.3 and 1.250 Gigs of ram on XP SP2.

Thanks for the helpS

Old August 18th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Txl wrote:
> Le Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:12:26 +0200, Ironhand > a écrit:
>

> > "Txl" > wrote in message newsp.tef4qcxparkwbw@acer....
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've got a copy of GTL, installed it, the game starts, I can set up
> >> options and all I want but when I get to the start of the game I get a
> >> window saying that GTL has crashed, bla bla bla with the interesting
> >> windows details and I have to go back to the desktop.
> >>
> >> I use a Geforce 5700 board whoich is running GTR, GPL, F1C and TRACKMANIA
> >> (that's fun) for instance.
> >>
> >> I've upgraded with the 1.1 patch and the same **** happens, what could I
> >> check ?
> >>
> >> Thanks for the help
> >>
> >> --
> >> Email contact
> >>
> >> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

> > If you goto the Gt Legends website - you'll see that they have a link to a
> > patch for the version of Starforce that was used with it. Starforce would
> > cause some computers to crash when running the game - which would normally
> > cause a full restart. Have a look at the patches section of
> > http://www.gt-legends.com/support_en.php
> >
> > Quoted from the GT Legends website:
> > " StarForce have issued an updated driver which should fix the reboot/BSOD
> > problem which may be experienced on some systems when running the GT Legends
> > demo. To install this update please download the "SFUPDATE tool" provided on
> > the following web page: "
> >
> > Just another reason for not using anything protected by Starforce if you ask
> > me.
> >
> > Ironhand
> >

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the tips, I did that and the same thing happens, as soon as I exit the menus I have the same crash window telling me that GTL will stop because of a problem.
>
> I have 91.33 nvidia drivers, athlon 3.3 and 1.250 Gigs of ram on XP SP2.
>
> Thanks for the helpS
>

> --
> Email contact
>
> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

Did GTL suddenly stop working, or has it never run on your machine
successfully? I had a Starforce issue a while back that caused GPL to
crash during the CD check. Previously, it had been working perfectly.
Unfortunately, the "fix" (after days of trying many things to get GTL
to work) was to re-install Windows XP. After that, everything was fine.

Old August 18th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Txl

Le Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:36:34 +0200, > a écrit:

> Txl wrote:

>> > If you goto the Gt Legends website - you'll see that they have a link to a
>> > patch for the version of Starforce that was used with it. Starforce would
>> > cause some computers to crash when running the game - which would normally
>> > cause a full restart. Have a look at the patches section of
>> > http://www.gt-legends.com/support_en.php
>> >
>> > Quoted from the GT Legends website:
>> > " StarForce have issued an updated driver which should fix the reboot/BSOD
>> > problem which may be experienced on some systems when running the GT Legends
>> > demo. To install this update please download the "SFUPDATE tool" provided on
>> > the following web page: "
>> >
>> > Just another reason for not using anything protected by Starforce if you ask
>> > me.
>> >
>> > Ironhand
>> >

>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks for the tips, I did that and the same thing happens, as soon as I exit the menus I have the same crash window telling me that GTL will stop because of a problem.
>>
>> I have 91.33 nvidia drivers, athlon 3.3 and 1.250 Gigs of ram on XP SP2.
>>
>> Thanks for the helpS
>>

>> --
>> Email contact
>>
>> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

> Did GTL suddenly stop working, or has it never run on your machine
> successfully? I had a Starforce issue a while back that caused GPL to
> crash during the CD check. Previously, it had been working perfectly.
> Unfortunately, the "fix" (after days of trying many things to get GTL
> to work) was to re-install Windows XP. After that, everything was fine.

Never worked, the cd protection works fine, the menu loads but I think it's more a graphic problem because tha game crashes when the display changes from the menu to the "race" view....

Old August 18th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andi Cole

What shader have you selected in the GTL configuration program? Try the
various options.

You might want to go back to an 80 or 84 version of the nvidia drivers. Or
try the 91.45 that's now available although I think that's mainly 7950 GX2
fixes.

Andi.

..

Old August 18th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo

"Andi Cole" > wrote in message
> What shader have you selected in the GTL configuration program? Try the
> various options.
>
> You might want to go back to an 80 or 84 version of the nvidia drivers. Or
> try the 91.45 that's now available although I think that's mainly 7950 GX2
> fixes.
>
> Andi.

I would definitely mess with different video drivers, and then check to see
if all is well with Direct X 9.0c. I would then start to delete (or move)
various video files from the GTL directory which have nothing to do with the
game-- like opening videos and such. (Doing this one at a time.)

The problem you're having is a video problem, that's pretty obvious (or it
could, possibly, be sound related). If you have another video card laying
around, if all else fails I might try swapping cards and seeing what
happens.

Alanb

Old August 24th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Eden7c

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Andi Cole" > wrote in message
>> What shader have you selected in the GTL configuration program? Try the
>> various options.
>>
>> You might want to go back to an 80 or 84 version of the nvidia drivers. Or
>> try the 91.45 that's now available although I think that's mainly 7950 GX2
>> fixes.
>>
>> Andi.

> I would definitely mess with different video drivers, and then check to see
> if all is well with Direct X 9.0c. I would then start to delete (or move)
> various video files from the GTL directory which have nothing to do with the
> game-- like opening videos and such. (Doing this one at a time.)
>
> The problem you're having is a video problem, that's pretty obvious (or it
> could, possibly, be sound related). If you have another video card laying
> around, if all else fails I might try swapping cards and seeing what
> happens.
>

> Alanb

Probably worth checking if you are not "Forcing" AA either, set to
"Let application manage" and don't take any until you get GTL running.

=[O-)]

:dDriver: