A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » rec.aquaria.freshwater » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 3rd 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
A. Paul Ing
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:01:40 -0500, Dick
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:49:40 -0500, A. Paul Ing
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:15:49 -0500, Dick
wrote:

What a ****ing degenerate name "DICK" I just now kids had fun as well
as adults with that name DICK!

My family thinks of me a Dick, I now introduce myself as Richard. I
am too old to worry about implications. Actually, I never had a
problem with school chums making fun. I don't think the pennis
association was so common back then.

A psychiatrist was showing a set of pictures to his patient. Every
card caused the patient to tell a story with a sexual theme. Finally,
the psychiatrist observed, "You seem to think about sex a lot."
"Well, sir, its your dirty pictures."
Lame ass joke dickie.......really lame ass.

I can just see your daddy introduciing you.

"And this is my little Dickie" hahahahahahaha
  #12  
Old July 3rd 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
atomweaver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 108
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

Dick wrote in
:

Brochis Splendens is my fish. I bought 6 of them about a year ago from
an internet vendor. The four I see (2 in each 10 gal tank) seem quite
healthy.


Hey, neat. If they're healthy, you might think about trying to breed
them. A dwarf strain emerald cory would be nifty. My 5 y.o. daughter
wants a small (10-20 gal) tank in her room with cories; pygmies or pandas
are the only permanent choices for that size tank which are widely
available now. I've grown out two c. paleatus in a 10 gallon, and at
2.25 and 3 inches of body length, they're going to have to have a new
home very soon... turns out, they're a mating pair.
Most cories breed pretty readily in a quiet aquarium (the only other
fish in my 10 were three zebra danios... lotsa motion in the mid-tank.
The Cories bred the day after they were removed to keep another tank
cycled, I think it was probably a contributing factor... a little peace
'n quiet and some privacy, ya know? ;-) That, plus good water
parameters, and a cooling water change (from 75, down to 70 degF) were
all they needed...

I have very limited names I recognize.


NP, that's why I used pictures with the sci names.

DaveZ
  #13  
Old July 4th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

On Jul 2, 8:15?am, Dick wrote:


I have never seen my Corys perch on plants. Too bad for me, I would
get to see them once in a while. Just the 2 in one of the ten gallon
tanks are out front, often zooming from side to side, up and back
down.

They are good bottom cleaners, for sure.



When I spoke of Cories "perching" on plants, I was speaking only about
Pigmy Cories.
Regular cories do not do this odd behavior.

  #14  
Old July 4th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Dick
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:05:35 GMT, atomweaver
wrote:

Dick wrote in
:

Brochis Splendens is my fish. I bought 6 of them about a year ago from
an internet vendor. The four I see (2 in each 10 gal tank) seem quite
healthy.


Hey, neat. If they're healthy, you might think about trying to breed
them. A dwarf strain emerald cory would be nifty. My 5 y.o. daughter
wants a small (10-20 gal) tank in her room with cories; pygmies or pandas
are the only permanent choices for that size tank which are widely
available now. I've grown out two c. paleatus in a 10 gallon, and at
2.25 and 3 inches of body length, they're going to have to have a new
home very soon... turns out, they're a mating pair.
Most cories breed pretty readily in a quiet aquarium (the only other
fish in my 10 were three zebra danios... lotsa motion in the mid-tank.
The Cories bred the day after they were removed to keep another tank
cycled, I think it was probably a contributing factor... a little peace
'n quiet and some privacy, ya know? ;-) That, plus good water
parameters, and a cooling water change (from 75, down to 70 degF) were
all they needed...

I have very limited names I recognize.


NP, that's why I used pictures with the sci names.

DaveZ



I have 2 Julie Corys also around 1 inch. I have had them in a 75
gallon tank for 4 years.

I bought both the Julie and the Emeralds over the internet, the 6
Emeralds a year ago from Baileys, San Diego, Calif., 858 270 1182.
Their website goes by a different name, but here is a link to their
catfish page:

http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_...ngers.htm#top2

The invoice includes fish normal size as 1.5 - 2 inches. The website
indicates 2 - 2.5 inches. Mine may be over an inch. They don't stay
still very often to be measured. g
  #15  
Old July 4th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Dick
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:54:58 -0700, Tynk wrote:

On Jul 2, 8:15?am, Dick wrote:


I have never seen my Corys perch on plants. Too bad for me, I would
get to see them once in a while. Just the 2 in one of the ten gallon
tanks are out front, often zooming from side to side, up and back
down.

They are good bottom cleaners, for sure.



When I spoke of Cories "perching" on plants, I was speaking only about
Pigmy Cories.
Regular cories do not do this odd behavior.


I have Clown Loaches and Siamese Algae Eaters which do perch. The 9
SAEs dominate the leaves in the 75 gallon tank. I have a 29 gallon
with 3 Clowns and 6 SAEs. The SAEs perch on a rock castle while the
Clowns occupy the interior.

Aren't fish great?
  #16  
Old July 4th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
A. Paul Ing
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras



Yep fish are great, they remind one of pussy! Pussy from ther females
that hang out in these groups!


On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:12:12 -0500, Dick
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:54:58 -0700, Tynk wrote:

On Jul 2, 8:15?am, Dick wrote:


I have never seen my Corys perch on plants. Too bad for me, I would
get to see them once in a while. Just the 2 in one of the ten gallon
tanks are out front, often zooming from side to side, up and back
down.

They are good bottom cleaners, for sure.


When I spoke of Cories "perching" on plants, I was speaking only about
Pigmy Cories.
Regular cories do not do this odd behavior.

I have Clown Loaches and Siamese Algae Eaters which do perch. The 9
SAEs dominate the leaves in the 75 gallon tank. I have a 29 gallon
with 3 Clowns and 6 SAEs. The SAEs perch on a rock castle while the
Clowns occupy the interior.

Aren't fish great?

  #17  
Old July 4th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Appropriate tankmates for Corydoras

Dick wrote:



I have Clown Loaches and Siamese Algae Eaters which do perch. The
9
SAEs dominate the leaves in the 75 gallon tank. I have a 29
gallon
with 3 Clowns and 6 SAEs. The SAEs perch on a rock castle while
the
Clowns occupy the interior.

Aren't fish great?

They sure are!
Siamese algae eaters get larger than Oto's, right?

  #18  
Old February 15th 11, 04:58 PM
peterriitz peterriitz is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: Feb 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Plant is great, all my tanks "low light " varieties. However, I rarely see Coreys at 75 and one 10. They remain hidden in the plants. A 10, I can see that they do no growth, so thick as the other 2, I like the red Serpae Tetras, a large number of colors, a lot of travel, is obvious. Another I like is the clown Raspora. I've been in each of their 9 my 10 gallon tank.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
corydoras courting? lgb General 4 June 16th 05 06:59 PM
Corydoras panda Graham Ramsay General 6 May 26th 04 02:05 AM
Moving the corydoras George Thompson General 4 January 2nd 04 03:19 AM
Corydoras Dave S General 1 January 2nd 04 12:38 AM
micro corydoras ? Keith J General 13 December 30th 03 05:37 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.