A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » rec.aquaria.freshwater » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Angelfish Eggs



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 7th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Mariachi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Angelfish Eggs

My Angelfish have just laid eggs on a amazon sword left!! The question
is what shall I do now. I want to leave the eggs in there but maxamise
the chance of hatching. I have read several things on the internet

darkness reduces fungus
angelfish and other fish might eat the eggs at night so i would leave
a 'night light' for them
higher temps mean it will hatch faster....

So this is what i plan on doing...turning them temp up by 1-2 degrees
for now. Set up a dimmer light for the eggs tonight and hope for the
best. Anything else I can do to help?

Also the male is VERY torn up..he has lost 30% of his scales is there
anything I can do for him?

  #2  
Old May 8th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
NetMax
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Angelfish Eggs

On May 7, 5:30 am, Mariachi wrote:
My Angelfish have just laid eggs on a amazon sword left!! The question
is what shall I do now. I want to leave the eggs in there but maxamise
the chance of hatching. I have read several things on the internet

darkness reduces fungus
angelfish and other fish might eat the eggs at night so i would leave
a 'night light' for them
higher temps mean it will hatch faster....

So this is what i plan on doing...turning them temp up by 1-2 degrees
for now. Set up a dimmer light for the eggs tonight and hope for the
best. Anything else I can do to help?

Also the male is VERY torn up..he has lost 30% of his scales is there
anything I can do for him?


There's a fellow on http://groups.google.ca/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
who has been breeding lots of Angelfish lately and he could give you
much better advice than me.

In a nutshell, isolate your male so that he can recover, and be ready
with fry food if any of the fry get to free-swimming, though if there
are other fish in the tank, it's unlikely to happen.

Angelfish are notoriously poor with their 1st brood, either poorly
fertilized or one or the other eats the eggs at some point. With
practice they usually improve.
~~

  #3  
Old May 9th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Angelfish Eggs

On May 7, 4:30´┐Żam, Mariachi wrote:
My Angelfish have just laid eggs on a amazon sword left!! The question
is what shall I do now. I want to leave the eggs in there but maxamise
the chance of hatching. I have read several things on the internet

darkness reduces fungus
angelfish and other fish might eat the eggs at night so i would leave
a 'night light' for them
higher temps mean it will hatch faster....

So this is what i plan on doing...turning them temp up by 1-2 degrees
for now. Set up a dimmer light for the eggs tonight and hope for the
best. Anything else I can do to help?

Also the male is VERY torn up..he has lost 30% of his scales *is there
anything I can do for him?


Hi there.
Just wondering if you still have the Angelfish eggs, or if they had
been eaten?
Even if you lose / lost this batch of eggs, at least you know you have
a pair now. = )
You'll have a couple / few weeks before they spawn again (if still in
condition to do so), and you'll be able to research the spawning and
raising of angelfish fry.
You'll have time to prepare if you want to raise them. If you don't,
just leave them to spawn when they want and have a happy Bristle nose
Pleco (or similar species of Pleco that fits your tank size).
If you want to raise them, I can give you all the help you need, but
it's always wise to read up on the general facts of it and then get
several breeder's opinions and take it from there.
I've had many Angel spawns and I know some folks over at The
Freshwater Aquarium group have also raised many batches (some
currently).
Here's the link for that group: (and before Roy jumps on me for giving
it out, I'm not "trolling" for that group. There are others there who
are highly knowledgeable about Angels as well.)
http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...m?lnk=li&hl=en


  #4  
Old May 9th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Pondmeister
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 171
Default Angelfish Eggs



And what the hell makes you thnk I am gonna jump on you Tynk for
giving out the lame assed groups URL? I do not own this group like so
many of those that are now in TFA think they did back when, or like
those that think their crap does not stink and has to have aspecial
little moderated gorup to flaunt their so called knowledge in like
Gill and Jan and the others.......Post away.......my posts to yu have
not been in any relati9onn to what you post about anyhow , now have
they! I can however do it if it makes you feel good!

On 9 May 2007 07:32:19 -0700, Tynk wrote:

On May 7, 4:30?am, Mariachi wrote:
My Angelfish have just laid eggs on a amazon sword left!! The question
is what shall I do now. I want to leave the eggs in there but maxamise
the chance of hatching. I have read several things on the internet

darkness reduces fungus
angelfish and other fish might eat the eggs at night so i would leave
a 'night light' for them
higher temps mean it will hatch faster....

So this is what i plan on doing...turning them temp up by 1-2 degrees
for now. Set up a dimmer light for the eggs tonight and hope for the
best. Anything else I can do to help?

Also the male is VERY torn up..he has lost 30% of his scales )s there
anything I can do for him?

Hi there.
Just wondering if you still have the Angelfish eggs, or if they had
been eaten?
Even if you lose / lost this batch of eggs, at least you know you have
a pair now. = )
You'll have a couple / few weeks before they spawn again (if still in
condition to do so), and you'll be able to research the spawning and
raising of angelfish fry.
You'll have time to prepare if you want to raise them. If you don't,
just leave them to spawn when they want and have a happy Bristle nose
Pleco (or similar species of Pleco that fits your tank size).
If you want to raise them, I can give you all the help you need, but
it's always wise to read up on the general facts of it and then get
several breeder's opinions and take it from there.
I've had many Angel spawns and I know some folks over at The
Freshwater Aquarium group have also raised many batches (some
currently).
Here's the link for that group: (and before Roy jumps on me for giving
it out, I'm not "trolling" for that group. There are others there who
are highly knowledgeable about Angels as well.)
http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...m?lnk=li&hl=en




-------
I forgot more about ponds and koi than I'll ever know!
  #5  
Old May 10th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Tynk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Angelfish Eggs

On May 9, 1:48?pm, Pondmeister
wrote:
And what the hell makes you thnk I am gonna jump on you Tynk for
giving out the lame assed groups URL? I do not own this group like so
many of those that are now in TFA think they did back when, or like
those that think their crap does not stink and has to have aspecial
little moderated gorup to flaunt their so called knowledge in like
Gill and Jan and the others.......Post away.......my posts to yu have
not been in any relati9onn to what you post about anyhow , now have
they! I can however do it if it makes you feel good!




Roy,
I made the comment to you about jumping on me for posting a link to
the TFA group because of the havoc that's been going on with you and
another fellow about doing the same thing for that moderated pond
group.
I was trying to explain that there were no hidden reasons for sending
the poster that link.
I'm sorry you feel that the folks on that group needed to create it so
that they can "flaunt their so called knowledge".
That simply isn't the case at all, Roy. Those that post there also
know this to be true.
It was created basically for the same reason that the Moderated Pond
group was. All the garbage that had nothing to do with fish at all
(mostly from Carol, but you also had a lot to do with it, hence the
reason you aren't able to sign up and post there resulting in your
bitterness towards the group). I understand why you feel this way, but
this isn't the place to go on about it (and the stuff with the
moderated pond group) so much.
It would be better to create an off topic thread if you want to vent
about your feelings, or comments. That would be perfectly fine in
everyone's opinion, I'm sure.
You still get to vent all you want, about whatever topic you want, for
as much as you want. However, it wouldn't clog up this group with off
topic stuff.
Have a thread like *Roy's daily thoughts* or *Something to ponder by
Roy*....something catchy, just don't make it nasty.
Then in fish related topics, posts replies to the topic. You have a
lot of great knowledge up in your head, but you don't let people see
that.
I've seen that side of you many times now. I'd like others to see that
side of you too.
= )

On a fish related note, I got a new Angelfish last night. Lovely
marble. Stupid me went thinking I needed another male. = /
It was the other way around. I needed another female. Grr.
It's a gorgeous fish though. I'm going to go back today and look for a
nice female. I spotted a couple other nice ones there, but payday was
the next day and I needed gas too.
I think my other pair of Pearlscale Angels are gearing up for another
spawn.
Do you still have your Angels?





  #6  
Old May 10th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Pondmeister
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 171
Default Angelfish Eggs


For your nfo Tynbk..I do have access to both moderated ponds as well
as TFA...those ****wads just do not know what name I use or what ISP I
use, but its not like I could not sign up before or now, as I just do
not care to hang around or partake in crap form such lowlifes and
scumbags with such narrow minded concepts of what makes theworld go
around...who thinks their **** does not stink....I withdrew my posting
off rpm.......but still have a means to post if I wanted to...same for
TFA but like I said I do not patronize ****wads and assholes and
hipocrites one bit.




On 10 May 2007 08:00:41 -0700, Tynk wrote:

On May 9, 1:48?pm, Pondmeister
wrote:
And what the hell makes you thnk I am gonna jump on you Tynk for
giving out the lame assed groups URL? I do not own this group like so
many of those that are now in TFA think they did back when, or like
those that think their crap does not stink and has to have aspecial
little moderated gorup to flaunt their so called knowledge in like
Gill and Jan and the others.......Post away.......my posts to yu have
not been in any relati9onn to what you post about anyhow , now have
they! I can however do it if it makes you feel good!




Roy,
I made the comment to you about jumping on me for posting a link to
the TFA group because of the havoc that's been going on with you and
another fellow about doing the same thing for that moderated pond
group.
I was trying to explain that there were no hidden reasons for sending
the poster that link.
I'm sorry you feel that the folks on that group needed to create it so
that they can "flaunt their so called knowledge".
That simply isn't the case at all, Roy. Those that post there also
know this to be true.
It was created basically for the same reason that the Moderated Pond
group was. All the garbage that had nothing to do with fish at all
(mostly from Carol, but you also had a lot to do with it, hence the
reason you aren't able to sign up and post there resulting in your
bitterness towards the group). I understand why you feel this way, but
this isn't the place to go on about it (and the stuff with the
moderated pond group) so much.
It would be better to create an off topic thread if you want to vent
about your feelings, or comments. That would be perfectly fine in
everyone's opinion, I'm sure.
You still get to vent all you want, about whatever topic you want, for
as much as you want. However, it wouldn't clog up this group with off
topic stuff.
Have a thread like *Roy's daily thoughts* or *Something to ponder by
Roy*....something catchy, just don't make it nasty.
Then in fish related topics, posts replies to the topic. You have a
lot of great knowledge up in your head, but you don't let people see
that.
I've seen that side of you many times now. I'd like others to see that
side of you too.
= )

On a fish related note, I got a new Angelfish last night. Lovely
marble. Stupid me went thinking I needed another male. = /
It was the other way around. I needed another female. Grr.
It's a gorgeous fish though. I'm going to go back today and look for a
nice female. I spotted a couple other nice ones there, but payday was
the next day and I needed gas too.
I think my other pair of Pearlscale Angels are gearing up for another
spawn.
Do you still have your Angels?







-------
I forgot more about ponds and koi than I'll ever know!
  #7  
Old May 10th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Pondmeister
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 171
Default Angelfish Eggs

On 10 May 2007 08:00:41 -0700, Tynk wrote:

On May 9, 1:48?pm, Pondmeister
wrote:
And what the hell makes you thnk I am gonna jump on you Tynk for
giving out the lame assed groups URL? I do not own this group like so
many of those that are now in TFA think they did back when, or like
those that think their crap does not stink and has to have aspecial
little moderated gorup to flaunt their so called knowledge in like
Gill and Jan and the others.......Post away.......my posts to yu have
not been in any relati9onn to what you post about anyhow , now have
they! I can however do it if it makes you feel good!




Roy,
I made the comment to you about jumping on me for posting a link to
the TFA group because of the havoc that's been going on with you and
another fellow about doing the same thing for that moderated pond
group.

Oh that would be the hipocrite preacher man that keeps spamming and
trolling in the groups to push for moderation...nothing but a control
freak with a following that hangs their hat in rpm.


I was trying to explain that there were no hidden reasons for sending
the poster that link.

Beating arund the bush always gets a person to look like they are
hiding something....just like Gill beats around the bush and plays
both sides of the fence..........
I'm sorry you feel that the folks on that group needed to create it so
that they can "flaunt their so called knowledge".
They flaunt what they perceive to be knowledge as they can not be a
contributor to a bona fide koi web based forum or fish based forum as
they know didly squat and only have their own poinds to reference
from.......losers.
That simply isn't the case at all, Roy. Those that post there also
know this to be true.
They are totally bona fide losers and back stabbers........and
hipocrites with a penchant for being in charge
It was created basically for the same reason that the Moderated Pond
group was. All the garbage that had nothing to do with fish at all
(mostly from Carol, but you also had a lot to do with it, hence the
reason you aren't able to sign up and post there resulting in your
bitterness towards the group
Oh come on, yea blame it on mem CArol and Jabbers, when Jan and Gill
and a bunch of others fed the crap and kept it going and then add in
Gills little hate group to reclaim the gorups, and stir up trouble
with carol perhaps Gill and Jan are the biggest reasons there was crap
all the time inthe various groups Tynk.not me or carol or jabbers, as
those two and a few others created it all.......and they still are
adding to it.........
I understand why you feel this way, but
this isn't the place to go on about it (and the stuff with the
moderated pond group) so much.

Sure it is why keep it a dam secret......or is it that yu love to
participate in behind the scenes crap and love the enchanatment of
covert trolling.
It would be better to create an off topic thread if you want to vent
about your feelings, or comments. That would be perfectly fine in
everyone's opinion, I'm sure.
I doubt it, the rpm and a few others always will b e in a mood to have
to be in charge and we all know they certainly are a bunch of lying
hipocrites are they not! And their so called floolowers are to blind
to see what their "hero's are doing and have done.......I could care
less where its discussed, and here or any other gorup where they
participate or peruse is fine with me..but most just hide behind
their moderated group and throw insults, or hit and run, being they
are so freaking splineless.......bunch of gutless hipocrites.

You still get to vent all you want, about whatever topic you want, for
as much as you want. However, it wouldn't clog up this group with off
topic stuff.
I'll clog any group I feel like as long as those from RPM post a laink
to rpm so get over it.......
Have a thread like *Roy's daily thoughts* or *Something to ponder by
Roy*....something catchy, just don't make it nasty.
I have no need to post my daily thoughts with a topic or title to draw
in readers, I post what I feel like whenI feel like it and if yu read
it fine if not fine again it makes no difference ot me.
Then in fish related topics, posts replies to the topic. You have a
lot of great knowledge up in your head, but you don't let people see
that.
Yea yea yea, its not a rocket science deal now is it. And to be
perfectly honest I really do not care to share what I know with most
assholes anymore.......expoecially those from rpm or their
socks....and yes there is quite a few of those assholes with socks and
their names certainly is not Carol......they are 1000 times worse than
anyone ever perceived of carol being.....
I've seen that side of you many times now. I'd like others to see that
side of you too.
= )

On a fish related note, I got a new Angelfish last night. Lovely
marble. Stupid me went thinking I needed another male. = /
It was the other way around. I needed another female. Grr.
It's a gorgeous fish though. I'm going to go back today and look for a
nice female. I spotted a couple other nice ones there, but payday was
the next day and I needed gas too.
I think my other pair of Pearlscale Angels are gearing up for another
I oculd give a **** less about your angel fish Tynk, it does not
interest me at this point.......
spawn.
Do you still have your Angels?
Its not any of your concern what fish I have now is it? If I wanted
someone to now what fish I had, I would have posted it........posts I
made that were on topic prior to now about m y fish have been
unanswered or unreplied to so why waste my time with what I have
now.......its my concern .









-------
I forgot more about ponds and koi than I'll ever know!
  #8  
Old May 14th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Telstar[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Angelfish Eggs


"Pondmeister" wrote in message
...

For your nfo Tynbk..I do have access to both moderated ponds as well
as TFA...those ****wads just do not know what name I use or what ISP I
use, but its not like I could not sign up before or now, as I just do
not care to hang around or partake in crap form such lowlifes and
scumbags with such narrow minded concepts of what makes theworld go
around...who thinks their **** does not stink....I withdrew my posting
off rpm.......but still have a means to post if I wanted to...same for
TFA but like I said I do not patronize ****wads and assholes and
hipocrites one bit.


Unfortunately you cannot identify same...since you are one.


  #9  
Old May 14th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Pondmeister
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 171
Default Angelfish Eggs

Yea and this coming from a Kalifornian too boot.Can you say
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:41:00 -0700, "Telstar" wrote:


"Pondmeister" wrote in message
m...

For your nfo Tynbk..I do have access to both moderated ponds as well
as TFA...those ****wads just do not know what name I use or what ISP I
use, but its not like I could not sign up before or now, as I just do
not care to hang around or partake in crap form such lowlifes and
scumbags with such narrow minded concepts of what makes theworld go
around...who thinks their **** does not stink....I withdrew my posting
off rpm.......but still have a means to post if I wanted to...same for
TFA but like I said I do not patronize ****wads and assholes and
hipocrites one bit.

Unfortunately you cannot identify same...since you are one.




-------
I forgot more about ponds and koi than I'll ever know!
  #10  
Old May 15th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Mariachi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Angelfish Eggs

Tynk,

Thanks for the information (and your email of the angelfish breeding
images a few months ago - i meant to reply but never got around to it
sorry!).
The eggs all turned white on the second day and then was eaten by
someone. I don't think i would bother with trying to raise them - will
probably just watch and see maybe further down the track!

Thanks so much!

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blueface Angelfish VS Koran Angelfish RubenD Reefs 4 March 14th 07 02:17 AM
Angelfish Laying Eggs Samuel Warren General 1 August 29th 04 03:57 AM
angelfish eggs and filters Bob K. Cichlids 0 August 25th 03 06:44 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę2004-2018 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.