"Pacifica alters transportation trends for families"

Old April 7th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default "Pacifica alters transportation trends for families"

Pacifica alters transportation trends for families
The Chrysler Pacifica has takes family transportation to a higher level
and taken the soccer mom image out of driving a practical vehicle.
at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...2855-4629r.htm

Old April 7th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Under the hood is a version of the tried-and-true 3.5-liter V-6 engine.
This capable engine produces 250 horsepower and 250 foot-pounds of torque,
establishing the Pacifica as a vehicle that can have the power to pass
slower-moving vehicles as well as cruise up those torturous mountain passes.
Combining this V-6 with the four-speed automatic transmission that is
equipped with AutoStick manual shifting mode adds sport to this sport
tourer."

This doesn't sound like the 2004 Pacifica we had for 2 years. It was a very
nice car but it was a tank- the 250hpV6 was very weak for the car. Passing
and going up inclines is not as easy with this car as the writer would have
you believe. I liked the car though but we ended up getting a Town and
Country after the lease was up. The main reason we didn't keep the Pacifica
was because we had another child and with 2 car seats strapped to the middle
seats you could not access the third row because there is a console between
the bucket seats.

Scott

oups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Except for a superior suspension the Pacifica has less to offer than most
minivans.

oups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

and mine is in the shop all the time

ink.net...

Old April 8th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I was thinking the same thing.

IMO, the 3.5 is noisy and unrefined. It isn't quick in my M so I assume it
isn't good in the Pacifica either. Too bad because I liked the Pacifica.

What possible vehicle could the writer have owned to make such a remark?

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

nk.net...

Old April 9th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"NJ Vike" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I was thinking the same thing.
>
> IMO, the 3.5 is noisy and unrefined. It isn't quick in my M so I assume it
> isn't good in the Pacifica either. Too bad because I liked the Pacifica.
>
> What possible vehicle could the writer have owned to make such a remark?

Quite a lot of auto reviewers do not disclose what assistance they
are getting from the factory. Try for example just calling up an
auto company and telling them your writing a review and you want
to take one of their primo models out to the racetrack for a day
to test drive it, and see what they say.

The way it works in the industry is the auto companies call up
writer X and say "we have a new model we throught you might
like to review" they then show up a week later at the front door of
the writer, give him a vehicle they have had ample time to "prep"
then come back a week later to retrieve the car and hand him a
diskette with a prewritten review on it, that he can use for
"assistance" in writing his review.

If he's a lazy-ass he can have a review generated in minutes on
his computer and then send it in to his editor, and walk off with
a cool $500 or so for his 5 minutes of time. Plus he's got the
use of a car, which he pays no gas for. Plus he's got anything else
he has a mind to ask the factory for. Tickets for sporting events,
you name it. And it's not like the editors of these publications
don't know what's going on either.

Take a good look at the advertisers of most road and track
type of magazines. Then look at the good reviews. Note
any coorelations. You will figure it out eventually.

Ted

Old April 10th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> IMO, the 3.5 is noisy and unrefined.

I don't know what 3.5 YOU are driving, but even my first-gen iron block
3.5 is a wonderful powerplant. If anything, the 2nd-gen has too "dead"
of an exhaust note in the rental Magnums I've had. I'd like a little
more melodic sound than too much muffling.

As for the Pacifica, though, they need to get over it. Its JUST a
stinkin' minivan with normal doors (in other words, a breadbox on
wheels) and not even a real normal-height wagon like the Magnum. Its a
step in the right direction but doesn't go near far enough. The Magnum
is a much better vehicle. The CG of the Pacifica couldn't be more than
an inch lower than the CG of a Caravan. That "German sports car" in the
article must have been a clapped-out Karmann Ghia! :-)

Old April 10th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In article .com>,
says...

>Pacifica alters transportation trends for families
>The Chrysler Pacifica has takes family transportation to a higher level
>and taken the soccer mom image out of driving a practical vehicle.
>at
http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...2855-4629r.htm

this person obviously didn't try using the third row seats, otherwise they
would not be praising the vehicle so much. The third row seat is unusable
by adults. If you need cargo and passenger capacity, the mini-van is the
way to go.
----------------
Alex

Old April 10th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Steve" > wrote in message

>Karmann Ghia! :-)

Wow, that brings back memories? Isn't it amazing some of the crap that got
sold. The other day I saw a VW Thing. Remember those?

Old April 10th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I've heard the Pacifica reviewed as having the worse features of a wagon and
minivan in a single under-powered vehicle. I'd say that seems pretty
accurate. It does have a nice interior quality wise and a superior
suspension to the Chrysler minvans.