cell phone idiocy

Old July 20th 05, 04:24 AM
DTJ

Default cell phone idiocy

The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
neighbor was one of the most vocal.

Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
ear.

She never noticed me.
Old July 20th 05, 06:09 AM
Bernard Farquart

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>
> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
> ear.
>
> She never noticed me.

She meant *other* people, not her.

Old July 20th 05, 05:35 PM
Jim Yanik

DTJ > wrote in
:

> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>
> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
> ear.
>
> She never noticed me.

Is your horn broken?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 20th 05, 08:34 PM
Dan J.S.

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>
> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
> ear.
>
> She never noticed me.

Maybe their necks were just tanned red?

Old July 21st 05, 05:53 AM
DTJ

:

>> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
>> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
>> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>>
>> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
>> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
>> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
>> ear.
>>
>> She never noticed me.

>Is your horn broken?

She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.
Old July 21st 05, 03:01 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:53:39 -0500, DTJ > wrote:

>On 20 Jul 2005 16:35:31 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>DTJ > wrote in
m:

>>> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
>>> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
>>> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>>>
>>> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
>>> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
>>> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
>>> ear.
>>>
>>> She never noticed me.

>>Is your horn broken?

>She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.

So your horn does not work on newly propinquitous females?

Old July 21st 05, 05:18 PM
Jim Yanik

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On 20 Jul 2005 16:35:31 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>DTJ > wrote in
m:

>>> The other day I had to listen to my red neck neighbors and their
>>> friends complain about idiots using cell phones while driving. My
>>> neighbor was one of the most vocal.
>>>
>>> Today I see her drive her car down the left side of the road to her
>>> driveway, turn in front of me with no clue that I almost hit her, and
>>> proceed to back in her driveway with a cell phone plastered to her
>>> ear.
>>>
>>> She never noticed me.

>>Is your horn broken?

> She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.

What has that got to do with the horn?

Your car has one for a reason.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 23rd 05, 03:41 AM
DTJ

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:01:01 -0700, Scott en Aztlán

:

>>>Is your horn broken?

>>She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.

>So your horn does not work on newly propinquitous females?

Here I thought you were teaching me a new word, and Merriam Webster
says not.

Is that a typo, or a word not in their dictionary?

Yes my horn works, but new neighbors in this area tend to be
difficult.
Old July 23rd 05, 03:42 AM
DTJ

On 21 Jul 2005 16:18:21 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:

>>>Is your horn broken?

>> She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.
>>

>What has that got to do with the horn?
>
>Your car has one for a reason.

So, if you had this happen with someone you were trying to develop a
friendly relationship with, you would blow off that attempt just to
honk?
Old July 23rd 05, 05:50 AM
Pooh Bear

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:53:39 -0500, DTJ > wrote:
>
> >She is my next door neighbor, and moved in less than a year ago.

> So your horn does not work on newly propinquitous females?

Are you familiar with UK usage of the term 'the horn' ? Lol ! I bet his horn
would work on her given the right occasion.

Graham