Dodge Dealer dickering questions

Old July 11th 05, 11:35 PM
snow

Default Dodge Dealer dickering questions

With the new Employee Discount program and with the rebate together...I was
wondering if there is any more dickering that can be done with a dealer to
get the price even lower. My local Dodge dealer is advertising Dodge
products starting with the MSRP, then he includes the Employee Discount, the
he adds in the $2000 rebate.
So, a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT starts at $22,940 MSRP.....final cost is
$17,899 with the Employee discount and rebate added in...is there any room
left to dicker? Seems I read in Consumer Reports
that there is some room like on dealer holdbacks etc....
likely about 5% dickering room. Any comments appreciated. Oh yes, I see
Dodge ended their 0%
financing......probably to make up for the Employee Discount promotion. 0%
is now up to 3.9% for 60 month
loan. It was 0% past months for some models.

Old July 12th 05, 01:10 PM
Gene

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:35:58 GMT, "snow" >
wrote:

>With the new Employee Discount program and with the rebate together...I was
>wondering if there is any more dickering that can be done with a dealer to
>get the price even lower. My local Dodge dealer is advertising Dodge
>products starting with the MSRP, then he includes the Employee Discount, the
>he adds in the $2000 rebate.
>So, a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT starts at $22,940 MSRP.....final cost is
>$17,899 with the Employee discount and rebate added in...is there any room
>left to dicker? Seems I read in Consumer Reports
>that there is some room like on dealer holdbacks etc....
>likely about 5% dickering room. Any comments appreciated. Oh yes, I see
>Dodge ended their 0%
>financing......probably to make up for the Employee Discount promotion. 0%
>is now up to 3.9% for 60 month
>loan. It was 0% past months for some models.

If you can drop actual green paper on them in full, they might drop
another $1-2K...

Old July 12th 05, 03:48 PM
David

"snow" > wrote in message
> With the new Employee Discount program and with the rebate together...I
> was wondering if there is any more dickering that can be done with a
> dealer to get the price even lower. My local Dodge dealer is advertising
> Dodge
> products starting with the MSRP, then he includes the Employee Discount,
> the he adds in the $2000 rebate.
> So, a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT starts at $22,940 MSRP.....final cost is
> $17,899 with the Employee discount and rebate added in...is there any room
> left to dicker? Seems I read in Consumer Reports
> that there is some room like on dealer holdbacks etc....
> likely about 5% dickering room.

5%?? Why do you people assume that the margin from invoice to msrp is 100% .
The maximum markup on a vehicle is 17% and that is the Viper. A Neon is
1.8% -3.0% and goes up depending on what vehicle and trim level. The base
vehicle has the lowest markup, while the highest trim ihas the most markup.
A Grand Cherokee Limited is 13%. I used to be a District Sales Manager with
DC. One of our dealers at the time in 2002 also owned a Honda motorcycle
dealership and also sold Honda lawn equipment and everthing else. He always
complained because he had more markup on the Honda lawnmower then a Neon. He
actually grossed $6,000 on a Goldwing motorcycle at $20,000, while the
Voyageur he was lucky to gross $800, at $20,000.

Old July 12th 05, 08:36 PM
Shakes73

"" wrote:
> With the new Employee Discount program and with the rebate
> together...I was
> wondering if there is any more dickering that can be done with
> a dealer to
> get the price even lower. My local Dodge dealer is advertising
> Dodge
> products starting with the MSRP, then he includes the Employee
> Discount, the
> he adds in the $2000 rebate.
> So, a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT starts at $22,940 MSRP.....final
> cost is
> $17,899 with the Employee discount and rebate added in...is
> there any room
> left to dicker? Seems I read in Consumer Reports
> that there is some room like on dealer holdbacks etc....
> likely about 5% dickering room. Any comments appreciated. Oh
> yes, I see
> Dodge ended their 0%
> financing......probably to make up for the Employee Discount
> promotion. 0%
> is now up to 3.9% for 60 month
> loan. It was 0% past months for some models.

Not sure about an even lower price of the car/truck.But they will pay
up to $500 for your tag and tax.All dealerships do it they just don’t
tell you unless you ask for it.I have bought 3 new cars within 2 years
and got the $500 for each.With new cars that $500 goes along ways for
buying your first tag.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-Deal...ict128576.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=627100
Old July 21st 05, 01:24 AM
KS

Cash isn't that big of a deal to most dealers. I've been told by more than
one they make as much or more from the loan as they do the car.

ks

Old July 21st 05, 07:36 PM
mike gray

KS wrote:

> Cash isn't that big of a deal to most dealers. I've been told by more than
> one they make as much or more from the loan as they do the car.

Yer right. Always let the dealer believe that they are going to
finance it until you have the best out-the-door price
established. Then lay out the cash and tell em to take it or
leave it.

If you are going to finance it, always go to yer local banker
first and get a commitment based on vehicle/approx price/%
financed. If you are a good credit risk, the dealer will almost
always beat the bank's offer by at least a quarter point.