No communication between dealer/DC!!!

Old July 2nd 05, 04:01 PM
TomKan

Default No communication between dealer/DC!!!

A few months, I took my PT Cruiser in for two recalls, power steering
hose & child seat restraints. Hose was repositioned, seat restraints
ground down, 60% seat restraints broke, new seat frame ordered, and
eventually installed.
July 1, I get a letter from DaimlerChrysler that my vehicle is being
recalled. For what now??? Notification Code D18 (power steering hose).
Oh yeah, their records also indicate that my vehicle also requires
repair for notification B21. Guess what that recall was for? Yep, you
got it, child seat restraints.
Daimler Chrysler is one company now. I wonder if people who shell out
$50,000 or more for a Mercedes get the same kind of service???
Or can I assume that once you buy a car from them, they don't care if
service prevents you from buying another DC product???

Old July 2nd 05, 07:29 PM
PC Medic

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>A few months, I took my PT Cruiser in for two recalls, power steering
> hose & child seat restraints. Hose was repositioned, seat restraints
> ground down, 60% seat restraints broke, new seat frame ordered, and
> eventually installed.
> July 1, I get a letter from DaimlerChrysler that my vehicle is being
> recalled. For what now??? Notification Code D18 (power steering hose).
> Oh yeah, their records also indicate that my vehicle also requires
> repair for notification B21. Guess what that recall was for? Yep, you
> got it, child seat restraints.
> Daimler Chrysler is one company now. I wonder if people who shell out
> $50,000 or more for a Mercedes get the same kind of service???
> Or can I assume that once you buy a car from them, they don't care if
> service prevents you from buying another DC product???

You are upset because you received recall notices for safety related issues.
Some folks just can't be pleased.

Old July 2nd 05, 08:45 PM
TomKan

Boy did you miss my point. Isn't the dealer supposed to notify the
company that the recall work has been performed? I had to sign a couple
forms stating that it had been done.

Old July 2nd 05, 08:54 PM
maxpower

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> A few months, I took my PT Cruiser in for two recalls, power steering
> hose & child seat restraints. Hose was repositioned, seat restraints
> ground down, 60% seat restraints broke, new seat frame ordered, and
> eventually installed.
> July 1, I get a letter from DaimlerChrysler that my vehicle is being
> recalled. For what now??? Notification Code D18 (power steering hose).
> Oh yeah, their records also indicate that my vehicle also requires
> repair for notification B21. Guess what that recall was for? Yep, you
> got it, child seat restraints.
> Daimler Chrysler is one company now. I wonder if people who shell out
> $50,000 or more for a Mercedes get the same kind of service???
> Or can I assume that once you buy a car from them, they don't care if
> service prevents you from buying another DC product???

*YAWN*

Old July 2nd 05, 11:54 PM
David

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Boy did you miss my point. Isn't the dealer supposed to notify the
> company that the recall work has been performed? I had to sign a couple
> forms stating that it had been done.

Yes, The dealer has to enter the recall repair info via global claims system
to update the recall notices. So if you received the recall notices again,
you dealer did not enter it into the system yet. DC must inform you several
times on safety recalls! So that is why you received, because the dealer did
not update, But go ahead and bitch about it, then bitch when they don't send
you any!

Christ did you just type this stupid item to see your name on the internet?

Old July 3rd 05, 12:10 PM
PC Medic

"TomKan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Boy did you miss my point. Isn't the dealer supposed to notify the
> company that the recall work has been performed? I had to sign a couple
> forms stating that it had been done.

I am quite aware of what your point was. I am also sure they did notify
them.
It is also the case that under 'safety' recalls *all* registered owners must
be notified and easier (and safer) to just send to all registered owners
than to try to compare the databases and figure who should and should not
get the notice.
Another thing to remember is that you say the work was done just 2months
prior to receiving the notice. Think of the time involved in preparing and
sending the notice to several hundred thousands of customers. Very possible
things just 'crossed in the mail' as they say.

In any case, making a big deal of nothing IMHO.