Best 4x4 in your opinion...??

Old January 24th 05, 07:05 AM
R. J Younger

I personally would say the CJ-7 would be the best. My family had one for
about 16 years till we sold it. It would go just about anywhere we took it.
I think it got stuck 1 time.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:21 PM

I don't off road, but my wife and I enjoy going to he Lake Tahoe and
Yosemite National Park areas in the winter for the snow. We have a 2003
Chevy Tahoe Z71. We love it. It suits our needs fine. It is the first
for wheel drive I have owned in my life, I am 59 years old. Have had
zero problems with it, and it moves right along in the snow.

Mark

Old February 17th 05, 11:23 PM
Rooney

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:01:02 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets
> wrote:

>Trader4Lessdotcom wrote:
>>
>> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

>I am not going to explain this but,
>Toyota Landcruiser!!!.

Definitely - unless you want a very basic, uncomfortable vehicle like
the Land Rover Defender, which has more off-road ability.

Old February 18th 05, 12:43 AM
Erik-Jan Geniets

Rooney wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:01:02 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets
> > wrote:
>

> >Trader4Lessdotcom wrote:
> >>
> >> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

> >I am not going to explain this but,
> >Toyota Landcruiser!!!.

> Definitely - unless you want a very basic, uncomfortable vehicle like
> the Land Rover Defender, which has more off-road ability.

More off-road capabilty....why ???
Erik-Jan.
Old February 18th 05, 12:50 AM
Rooney

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:43:14 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets
> wrote:

>Rooney wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:01:02 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets
>> > wrote:

>> >I am not going to explain this but,
>> >Toyota Landcruiser!!!.

>> Definitely - unless you want a very basic, uncomfortable vehicle like
>> the Land Rover Defender, which has more off-road ability.

>More off-road capabilty....why ???
>Erik-Jan.

Defender:
Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
Approach angle (degrees) 50 51 50
Departure angle (degrees) 34 53 34

Land Cruiser:
Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
Approach angle (degrees) 34 34 34
Departure angle (degrees) 26 26 26

Old February 18th 05, 01:04 AM
Rooney

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:50:19 +0000, Rooney > wrote:

>Defender:
>Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
>Approach angle (degrees) 50 51 50
>Departure angle (degrees) 34 53 34
>
>Land Cruiser:
>Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
>Approach angle (degrees) 34 34 34
>Departure angle (degrees) 26 26 26

Forgot to say - they refer to three different models of each.
4x4 Magazine's offroad test gave the Defender 10 out of a possible 10
and the Land Cruiser a highly respectable 7.

Old February 18th 05, 02:51 AM
Erik-Jan Geniets

Rooney wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:50:19 +0000, Rooney > wrote:
>
> >Defender:
> >Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
> >Approach angle (degrees) 50 51 50
> >Departure angle (degrees) 34 53 34
> >
> >Land Cruiser:
> >Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
> >Approach angle (degrees) 34 34 34
> >Departure angle (degrees) 26 26 26

> Forgot to say - they refer to three different models of each.
> 4x4 Magazine's offroad test gave the Defender 10 out of a possible 10
> and the Land Cruiser a highly respectable 7.

You are talking new Land Cruisers here, not the real ones.
I was refering to the discontinued models.
The new ones are not my kind of whatever either. You'd better compare
those to the new Range Rovers.
Kind regards,
Erik-Jan.
Old February 18th 05, 10:57 AM
Rooney

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:51:31 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets
> wrote:

>Rooney wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:50:19 +0000, Rooney > wrote:
>>
>> >Defender:
>> >Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
>> >Approach angle (degrees) 50 51 50
>> >Departure angle (degrees) 34 53 34
>> >
>> >Land Cruiser:
>> >Ground clearance (mm) 215 215 215
>> >Approach angle (degrees) 34 34 34
>> >Departure angle (degrees) 26 26 26

>> Forgot to say - they refer to three different models of each.
>> 4x4 Magazine's offroad test gave the Defender 10 out of a possible 10
>> and the Land Cruiser a highly respectable 7.

>You are talking new Land Cruisers here, not the real ones.
>I was refering to the discontinued models.
>The new ones are not my kind of whatever either. You'd better compare
>those to the new Range Rovers.
>Kind regards,
>Erik-Jan.

To be fair, there are only a few places a Defender could drive over
that a Land Cruiser couldn't, and no-one's ever likely to go there
anyway!
In every other respect, and overall, the Land Cruiser is way ahead.

Old February 19th 05, 09:31 AM
Jeff Olsen

Jeep Wrangler (TJ)!

-jeff

Old February 19th 05, 09:46 AM
Nathan W. Collier

as im sure many have pointed out (or at least i hope they have, i have yet
to read the entire thread) there is no "best 4x4" because the answer would
be totally relevant upon your needs. for absolute rough terrain capability
there is no replacement for the jeep rubicon. with front and rear lockers,
4 to 1 low range transfer case, aggressive stock tires, skidding, etc. it
will go where others cannot. that said however, it would be totally
worthless to you if you needed to haul even a moderate amount of cargo. a
long bed dodge cummins is an amazing hauler, but would be totally worthless
if you needed to get into close or very aggressive terrain. first determine
what your needs are. find the vehicle that best suits those needs and youll
have the "best 4x4" for you.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com
"Trader4Lessdotcom" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

Opinion? Superwinch Manual Locking hubs blokemn 4x4 0 December 27th 04 08:11 PM
HELP: Opinion Needed Billy Corvette 0 August 19th 04 08:34 PM
HELP: Opinion needed... Billy Audi 0 August 19th 04 07:38 PM
Santa Fe 2004 your opinion Santa 4x4 0 April 29th 04 06:48 PM