Need help with key not working on my 2001 330

Old February 2nd 05, 06:13 PM
Dennis Paisley

Default Need help with key not working on my 2001 330

I am having issues with arming / disarming my 330.

The dealership said that there is a BMW letter indicating that if I do not
drive more than 15 minutes, the key does not have time to charge.

I drive to work for 5-10 mintes everyday, so BMW and my dealership have told
me to live with it (in so many words.)

Any comments or assistance?

Old February 3rd 05, 12:55 AM
Tom Korth

"Dennis Paisley" > wrote in message
>I am having issues with arming / disarming my 330.
>
> The dealership said that there is a BMW letter indicating that if I do not
> drive more than 15 minutes, the key does not have time to charge.
>
> I drive to work for 5-10 mintes everyday, so BMW and my dealership have
> told me to live with it (in so many words.)
>
> Any comments or assistance?

Not trying to be smart - but if I had your commute, I'd have an extra 5
hours per week. I'd spend at least two of those hours exploring some
interesting, scenic roads and charging my key at the same time.

Tom

Old February 3rd 05, 04:17 AM
Dennis Paisley

Tom,

I agree. I do during the summer, however not as much in the winter.

After I posted this thread, my dealership charged my keys and brought my car
back to my work. The keys did not work when they arrived at my office. They
now suspect a short or a faulty security system module. Even if they find
out that it is bad, I still plan on driving more, once this snow is gone.

Dennis

Old February 4th 05, 12:34 AM
Tom Korth

"Dennis Paisley" > wrote in message
> Tom,
>
> I agree. I do during the summer, however not as much in the winter.
>
> After I posted this thread, my dealership charged my keys and brought my
> car back to my work. The keys did not work when they arrived at my office.
> They now suspect a short or a faulty security system module. Even if they
> find out that it is bad, I still plan on driving more, once this snow is
> gone.

Glad to hear you'll get it sorted out - but I still envy your 10 minute
commute!

Tom