Chrysler follows rivals' discount lead

Old July 7th 05, 01:20 AM
MoPar Man

Default Chrysler follows rivals' discount lead

http://www.marke****ch.com/news/stor...&siteid=google

Chrysler follows rivals' discount lead
By Shawn Langlois, Marke****ch
Last Update: 4:09 PM ET July 6, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO (Marke****ch) -- Chrysler on Wednesday unveiled the
details of its plan to sell cars and trucks to the public for the same
price its gives employees in what's shaping up to be one of the
toughest fights for automotive market share yet.

Chrysler initially announced the discounts last week in the wake of
rival General Motors' historic June sales report in which employee
pricing led to the biggest monthly total of truck deliveries ever.

Ford Motor Co. detailed its employee pricing plan on Tuesday.

Chrysler, the Auburn Hills, Mich-based division of German-American
giant DaimlerChrysler, will run the deal from now through Aug. 1. On
top of the employee price starting point, car buyers can also qualify
for up to $3,500 in cash back on qualifying vehicles.

Dubbed "Employee Pricing Plus," the sales drive covers new Chrysler,
Jeep and Dodge brands but excludes the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Magnum,
the Dodge Sprinter Van, the Dodge Viper, the Jeep Liberty Diesel and
all SRT Models.

In addition, 2006 models as well as DaimlerChrysler's luxury Mercedes
line-up are excluded.

Shares of DaimlerChrysler added 6 cents to close at $40.16. Ford fell
5 cents to end at $10.35 and GM lost 55 cents to finish at $34.22.
Old July 8th 05, 12:14 AM
LORETTA ARMSTRONG

So, Your telling me--------That the Dodge Charger is included, in this
employee price plus????
I was in a meeting just 2 months ago, where it was quoted, "Orders for the
Dodge Charger, we can not EVEN meet the Orders in North America, let alone
over seas, and now they are giving an employee discount on them?? I truly
doubt that...

Old July 8th 05, 12:19 AM
LORETTA ARMSTRONG

This is only on the 2005 vehicles,,,NONE of the 2006
get the employee price

Old July 8th 05, 12:48 AM
MoPar Man

LORETTA ARMSTRONG wrote:

> So, Your telling me--------That the Dodge Charger is included,
> in this employee price plus????

http://autos.canada.com/editorial/st...daf865&rfp=dta

Daimler, Ford offer employee pricing
Chris Vander Doelen
CanWest News Service
Thursday, July 07, 2005

WINDSOR - DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. and Ford Motor Co. of Canada
Ltd. announced yesterday they have adopted the wildly successful
employee-pricing deal introduced in the United States last month by
General Motors Corp.

The new pricing has proved so popular -- GM's U.S. sales soared more
than 40% in June -- that both Ford and Chrysler decided to match it
this month in the United States when GM announced it would extend the
deal through July.

In Canada, DaimlerChrysler's employee pricing reduces the sticker
prices of Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles by up to $5,500. The deal
does not apply to Mercedes products.

!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!
! Chrysler's Canadian program differs slightly from its U.S. !
! one in that here employee pricing also applies to the 2005 !
! Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum and Dodge Charger. Those cars !
! are excluded in the United States. !
! !
! :-p !
! !
!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!

The employee pricing does not apply to any 2006 models. Excluded from
the sale are the 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, a limited-production high
performance car, and the Dodge Sprinter, which is mainly a commercial
vehicle.

Some examples of the price cuts: A Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, which
lists as $50,205 ($40,880 USD), will sell for $45,454 ($37,000 USD) in
July, for a savings of $4,751 ($3,900 USD). A Chrysler 300C which
lists for $43,095 ($35,100 USD) will sell for $38,677 ($31,495 USD) in
July, a savings of $4,818 ($3,900 USD). The price of a Grand Caravan
minivan will be cut by $5,500 ($4,480 USD).
Old July 8th 05, 01:31 AM
David

Good job shooting off your mouth ****! It was a newspaper article, not
someone telling a story. And let alone it doesn't even mention the charger!

Old July 8th 05, 01:51 AM
Sarge

The article mentions that the Magnum and 300 are included in Canada and not
the US. This only applies to 2005 models.

Sarge