A Possesed Temperature Gauge. The Story of a Four Cylander '94 Caravan Minivan

Old June 11th 05, 01:01 AM
fizzy_water

Default A Possesed Temperature Gauge. The Story of a Four Cylander '94 Caravan Minivan

I noticed that my temprature gadge moves to cold when moving/accelerating
and then whenever the van is motionless, the neelde moves from cold to
warm. It never moves to hot and can rapidly moves back and forth from the
halfway mark to cold. I'm thinking a loose wire somewhere under there.
But, I'm not sure. Anyone who can shed any light on the matter, I'd be
much appreciative.

Old June 11th 05, 02:17 AM
rob

is there a thermostat in the engine?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 12th 05, 01:06 AM
Rhonda

my 92 caravan did that...had to replace the thermostat and then it was fine.
I would say check that out.

Old June 22nd 05, 02:21 PM
Bob F

Your temp gauge operation operation is normal.Cooler air is moving across
the engine when the car is motion and will cool the engine causing the gauge
to drop down.Standing still builds up heat causing the gauge to go up.When
it climbs to a preset temperature the engine fan will come on and cool it
down.It it norman to see different readings.The time to worry is when it
goes full hot and stays there.