Logitech Products in General

Old September 12th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

Default Logitech Products in General

Logitech is very generous with RMAing.

Seems to me a lot of guys on this forum worry about getting replacements
and etc.

Just RMA it.. Usually if the item is out of the manufactured date
warranty. i.e. 2 year warranty (without a proof of receipt) and it was
made in 2002 your out of luck.

If you have your receipt they will do the RMA.

I got three MX1000 mouses without sending anything back to Logitech.
They sent those without receipts or any questions asked.
Old September 12th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

"Chang Liu" > wrote in message
> Logitech is very generous with RMAing.
>
> Seems to me a lot of guys on this forum worry about getting replacements
> and etc.
>
> Just RMA it.. Usually if the item is out of the manufactured date
> warranty. i.e. 2 year warranty (without a proof of receipt) and it was
> made in 2002 your out of luck.
>
> If you have your receipt they will do the RMA.
>
> I got three MX1000 mouses without sending anything back to Logitech. They
> sent those without receipts or any questions asked.

I have never had need to rma a Logitech product, my original red Momo is
still going strong.
However, my brother, had one of the black Momo's that came after the
original red, and within a month or so one of his paddle shifters, I believe
it was, broke. He called them, gave them the info over the phone, and they
sent him a new unit, at no charge, and did not request the broken one back.
I thought that was fairly impressive.

Don Burnette

Old September 12th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I don't think anyone questions Logitech's warranty service.

The problem is they have a "no service parts after warranty" attitude.
That's what upsets folks.

It would be really hard to get away with that in most industries.

-Larry

Old September 13th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

Its unfair.. The only way you can fight back is if you "edit" the date
of your receipt to match the warranty period.

Depends on how good your morales are...

Old September 13th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

Don,

They did used to do this with everything but now its a bit different.
How long ago did your bro get the wheel? I think it was around the turn
of 2005 that they started to make the warranty policy more rigorous.
Like asking for receipts which they never did before.

Chang

Old September 13th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Yes, it has been 2-3 years ago I think, so I am sure it has probably
changed.

--
Don Burnette

Old September 13th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chang Liu

Don Burnette wrote:
> Yes, it has been 2-3 years ago I think, so I am sure it has probably
> changed.

Its alright Don.. Just throw your standards out the window when dealing
with the corporations.. Know that they make enough money as is and that
a little loss because the defective product really sucks to replace is
no big loss to them on their side. Heck, if they give you the product
then you've kept their reputation and a customer. Otherwise they would
have lost both.

I think thats how they thought then they changed their policy because
anyone who is dumb enough can take the numbers off the back and pretend
to own the product so to be fair they ask for a receipt. :P Like those
4-5 MX1000s I have... haha... Hey! I did pay for the MX800 or something
but the mouse suxed and I asked for a replacement when I got a MX1000 in
the mail.. Then that one broke and I got another, etc...

What am I trying to suggest here.. Buy the product. Keep the receipt.
Change the paper to do your bidding. So what if its a 3 year warranty?
So long as you can keep the margins no one is going to really care.