SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots?

Old August 22nd 05, 09:59 AM
FooAtari

Tanstaafl wrote:
> Just to keep in the spirit of the current thread,
>
> 1) I top post because it's easier to read and am not concerned about
> perceived poor etiquette on Usenet. If I don't understand the message, I
> scroll down till I have the context. With bottom posting, I scroll through
> a hundred lines of previous comments just to read a "Me too" and have to
> scroll up to find out what the comment was about.

Thats fair enough. Like I said it isnt really an issue for me, I just
thought it was a bit rich of Mitch to have a go at someone else.

But I'll just leave it that, it's a bit of a silly argument really.

> 2) I also am quite proficient at building and configuring computers and
> games to run on them. Everything I have, from GTR to Battlefield 2 runs
> with no problems. The GTL demo crashes as soon as I try to launch it. Is
> it the Starforce drivers? I don't know. As I said, GTR runs fine. Will I
> disable or uninstall virus software (or any application for that matter) to
> get a demo to run? Absolutely not. If a simple fix or a new demo isn't
> available by the time GTL is released, I won't buy GTL. I'm sure someone
> will say it's my loss. Perhaps so, but I won't lose the $50 buying a game
> whose demo won't even run.

I also wouldn't recommeded to anyone to disable any security software
to get something else to run.

I havent really bought any games for my PC for quite a while. For one
reason my laptop isnt up to running anything more graphically advanced
than Half Life and I havent been able to afford a new PC while being a
student. I have been looking at getting one now (especially after
seeing GT Legends!), but really should pay off the overdraft first!
And secondly it can be so much hassle at times and I have more than
enough games to get through on my several consoles lying around the
flat (much to my girlfriends annoyance :-) ) that I havent been in a
hurry to get back into it.

What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top? [email protected] Jeep 5 April 19th 05 04:22 PM
Hard starting problem dodge 360 [email protected] Technology 9 March 20th 05 11:57 PM
90 FORD F150 PICKUP STARTS HARD, THEN DIES websthes Technology 1 December 26th 04 10:39 PM
switching hard dog rollbars pws Mazda 0 November 18th 04 11:03 PM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM