80 amp fuse update

Old February 12th 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Dumbest thing done to a car thread (was 80 amp fuse update)

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> They should bring this back! Lord knows we've got no shortage of crapper
> cars that could be willing competitors! According to Pat, that's about
> all they have over there in Austin ;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I would enter the '94 Camry in my parent's driveway. They were about to
get a new car when I fixed it one more time.

That car is truly being driven into the ground. One of those that will
sell for $500.00 or less when the times comes.
Old February 12th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I am a bit disappointed about no reply from Lanny. I figured that he
> would have one of the better ones.........

Sorry to disappoint, but I can't think of any heroically-stupid thing
I've done in a car. Even in my dimly-distant youth, I was pretty
cautious about self preservation--not a single "hold my beer, I want to
try something I saw in a cartoon" episode. I've have my share of
adventures, but none had a bad ending.

My biggest automotive mistake was buying a '77 Corona 4-door, only
because is was so boring.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old February 12th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> I am a bit disappointed about no reply from Lanny.

Or Leon, I'm sure he'd have something involving particle physics or???

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old February 13th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Sorry to disappoint, but I can't think of any heroically-stupid thing
> I've done in a car. Even in my dimly-distant youth, I was pretty
> cautious about self preservation--not a single "hold my beer, I want to
> try something I saw in a cartoon" episode. I've have my share of
> adventures, but none had a bad ending.
>
> My biggest automotive mistake was buying a '77 Corona 4-door, only
> because is was so boring.

Well, you won't win post of the year with that!

I am still trying to decide which one is the worst for me as well as
determining a few statute of limitations...........One can not be too
careful these days. ;-)
Old February 13th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>> I am a bit disappointed about no reply from Lanny.

> Or Leon, I'm sure he'd have something involving particle physics or???

r.a.m.m.m. has just not been the same since ole' Leon left us.

Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing may be debatable.
Old February 13th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message

> That car is truly being driven into the ground. One of those that will
> sell for $500.00 or less when the times comes.

you need a demolition derby ......... BAD!

Chris
99BBB

Old February 13th 10, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I am still trying to decide which one is the worst for me as well as
> determining a few statute of limitations....

Oh, I've had a few of those. But I survived and wasn't caught, so they
couldn't have been *that* bad. Further deponent sayeth not.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old February 13th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>
>> I am a bit disappointed about no reply from Lanny. I figured that he
>> would have one of the better ones.........

> Sorry to disappoint, but I can't think of any heroically-stupid thing
> I've done in a car. Even in my dimly-distant youth, I was pretty
> cautious about self preservation--not a single "hold my beer, I want
> to try something I saw in a cartoon" episode. I've have my share of
> adventures, but none had a bad ending.
>
> My biggest automotive mistake was buying a '77 Corona 4-door, only
> because is was so boring.

My worst automobile purchase was a 1973 Audi 100 LS. It looked great and
ran great when it ran*. Unfortunately it was broken down most of the time I
owned it. Let see, computer module died, fan motor caught fire, had to
replace the front pads twice in less than 10,000 miles (something to do with
inboard rotors that got hotter than normal).

*Come to think of it, except for the nightmare California emissions control
system. Miles of plastic tubing. Hit the gas and count to 3 before
anything happened. Probably I exaggerate.

Old February 13th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> pws > wrote:
>>
>>> I am a bit disappointed about no reply from Lanny.

>> Or Leon, I'm sure he'd have something involving particle physics
>> or???

> r.a.m.m.m. has just not been the same since ole' Leon left us.
>
> Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing may be debatable.

He provided the educational part of the group, how else would we have
learned why white cars are faster? <GD&R>

I'd vote for bad thing.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old February 13th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

> He provided the educational part of the group, how else would we have
> learned why white cars are faster? <GD&R>
>
> I'd vote for bad thing.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

Come on now, he could be lurking here, following this wonderfully focused 80
Amp fuse thread, and you'd have hurt his feelings, possibly throwing him
back years in his efforts to come back and 'contribute' to this .....(fill
in your own adjective)..... group!
I'd take him back.

Chris
99BBB