Will my insurance premium go up if i file for a claim, for no fault of mine?

Old March 13th 04, 03:41 AM
Naren Baliga

Default Will my insurance premium go up if i file for a claim, for no fault of mine?

Will my insurance premium go up if i file for a claim, for no fault of mine?
----
My parked car was damaged when another person was attempting to park
his minivan.(I'm in NJ).

I am told that if one is a risky "driver"(in this case, I wasn't even
driving), and has had multiple claims within a calendar year, the
insurance company will most likely hike up the premium regardless, as
they consider such a driver as "reckless". I had an accident last
November.

The man was kind enough to leave a note on my car. My questions a
a)Will my insurance premium go up if I file for a claim?

b) Will I have to pay my deductible, if I file for a claim?
Old March 16th 04, 09:28 PM
Veronica Thomas

Get an estimate and have the person take care of it. He is obviously up to
that or he wouldn't have left his name and number.

"Veronica Thomas" > wrote in message
> Does the person that hit your car have insurance? Their insurance should
> cover it. If they do not, then your underinsured coverage should cover.

> had someone back into me as I was getting ready to park my car. He did

not

Old March 18th 04, 07:46 AM
Rick Affell

> Will my insurance premium go up if i file for a claim, for no fault of
mine?
> My parked car was damaged when another person was attempting to park his

minivan.
> The man was kind enough to leave a note on my car. ?

Happened to me - my car sideswiped - Other driver is at fault, his
insurance company will pay.
Your company will not be $$ out of pocket.
THUS..... No rise in you insurance rates.

"Be thankful! ....We're not getting all the government we're paying for."
- Will Rogers