getting very little heat

Old February 14th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
kevin[_3_]

Default getting very little heat

Saturn SC2 Coupe (2001)
I'm getting very little heat the engine temp is normal changed thermostat
checked coolant any other suggestions would be appreciated
thanks

Old February 14th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Could be that the heater core is bad/clogged...Also check the hoses going
and coming from the heater core...

IYM

Old February 14th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_6_]

Have you ever had the cooling system flushed? Sometimes heavy crud settles
to the bottom of the radiator and heater core and impedes flow.
Feel the hoses from / to the heater core while the engine is hot, heat on
full and fan on high. You should be able to feel a noticeable temperature
difference between the inlet and outlet hose temperature - if not, heat is
not being transferred from the core to air in which case it may be a problem
with the air control door position.

Old February 14th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman[_2_]

Likely causes:
1. Low on Engine Coolant

2. Stuck heater valve (some vehicles have these near the firewall and stop flow to heater when set to cool or A/C is used)

3.. Thermostat stuck open

4. Collapsed hose (can happen if old - no coolant flow)

5. Blocked heater Core

6. Defective/Failing Water Pump

Old February 14th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_9_]

Maybe the little knob that adjusts the temperature door is not
moving the door all the way to hot.
Fred
94 SC2 with lots of heat

"kevin" > wrote in message
> Saturn SC2 Coupe (2001)
> I'm getting very little heat the engine temp is normal changed thermostat
> checked coolant any other suggestions would be appreciated
> thanks

heat on the right leg. exhaust heat protections?? Joaquín Topiso Mazda 3 September 27th 07 06:24 AM
Heat on and off [email protected] Honda 1 January 24th 07 12:46 AM
'99 Ply Voy Still not much heat!!! thegospelmagicman Dodge 3 December 27th 05 08:47 PM
No Heat sansha BMW 2 October 4th 05 12:55 PM
Heat Chicago Paddling-Fishing VW water cooled 7 January 18th 05 12:09 PM