97' SC2 - Oxygen Sensor

Old March 14th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)[_10_]

Default 97' SC2 - Oxygen Sensor

I just got my car back after it got its "new" flywheel and tranny put in.
After a hard acceleration from a stop uphill, the car gave me the MIL light
and I finally took it somewhere and got the code read. It said low voltage
oxygen sensor 1 bank 2 or so, and I replaced the primary oxygen sensor (in
front of the engine, easy 5 second job.) Today in similar conditions, the
light decided to come back on. I am looking into getting a CanOBD2 3110
($150 - Amazon) but wont be doing this until I get paid, again. What the
hell is going on? I will keep you guys posted.

Stupid Saturn
Poor car looks like it had been through hell and back - the flywheel looked
like it had some cherry bomb go off on it along with a huge chunk of metal
smashed off of it. Lord knows how that happened.

Things yet to replace:
whatever is keeping my MIL light on.
Sunroof
Master Break Cyl.
Drivers side front wheel bearing (how much should this cost to do myself?)

Mega thanks.
Brian

Old March 14th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie

Low voltage on O2 sensor means Lean condition (iirc). Have you checked fuel
pressure is in limits and replaced the fuel filter? Try a bottle of good
injector cleaner. Try to verify operation of induction temperature sensor,
Coolant temperature sensor and Throttle position sensor. Best done with a
good scan tool at a garage. Is there a MAF on this vehicle? If so, could be
that too.

I had a bad MAF on my lw300 which threw all sorts of codes related to the O2
sensors. New MAF (OEM from dealer) fixed everything. Was recommended by a
buddy with a service shop.

Oppie

Oxygen sensor? Enil8r[_2_] Technology 3 November 3rd 06 03:36 AM
Oxygen Sensor on a 98 V6 chrismhaney Ford Mustang 2 November 1st 06 12:12 AM
oxygen sensor jim beam Honda 2 August 19th 05 05:27 AM
Oxygen Sensor contagiouss_blue Honda 12 April 8th 05 01:47 PM
Oxygen Sensor weezebaby19 Saturn 3 July 12th 04 03:49 AM