Fixing front motor mount on the absolute cheap

Old August 7th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mike[_1_]

Default Fixing front motor mount on the absolute cheap

I have a 1995 Neon SOHC with about 435,000km on it. The car is running
good, but after a quick check under the hood, I noticed that the spark
plug wires are rubbing on the hood, and a few other cables and hoses
are showing some wear.
After seeing this, I checked the front motor mount, and found it to be
worn badly. Is there any way to "patch up" the mount to get me by for a
month or so?
At the moment, I have no extra cash for repairs to this car (damn
wedding and all).
I have heard of people filling the gap in the mounts with silicon to
tighten them up. Has anyone seen this, or know of something else I can
do to get by?
I have my own garage to work on the car, and have almost all the tools
I could need.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Old August 8th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Christ! the mount is only about $30.00 canadian. If you can't afford that,
park the car! And quite asking questions about doing it cheap. It doesn't
get cheaper then that!
Old August 9th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sqdancerLynn[_1_]

You will end up with a mess BUY a cheap motor mount at AutoZone, or Ebay