Porsche 911 Racing sim?

Old February 28th 05, 06:46 PM
G. Patricks

Default Porsche 911 Racing sim?

Does one exist, or a mod to something like Nascar 2003 or F1 99-02? I
want something that is modeled fairly close to real 911 handling, not
a NFS type game.

Thanks!
GP
Old February 28th 05, 07:40 PM
Timmy Ferrell

GTR has a couple of versions of Porsches...

Old February 28th 05, 08:38 PM
G. Patricks

Thanks. Actually I just found "Porsche Carrera Cup 2003", an add-on
for F1 99-02 that looks pretty darn nice! I added the "Hungarian Cup"
mod to it also.. 911 GT3 cars, very close to what I have (997S)..
Amazing what's out there if you look around!!

Gary

Old February 28th 05, 08:41 PM
Steve Smith

Having owned a coupla Porsches, I think it's fair to say NfS:PU comes pretty
close to the way street Porsches handle. And having driven a few racing
Porsches, I think it's fair to say GTR models that pretty accurately, too:
initial front-end washout...followed by snap oversteer.

news

Old March 1st 05, 04:24 AM
Paul Grunwald

> Thanks. Actually I just found "Porsche Carrera Cup 2003", an add-on
> for F1 99-02 that looks pretty darn nice! I added the "Hungarian Cup"
> mod to it also.. 911 GT3 cars, very close to what I have (997S)..
> Amazing what's out there if you look around!!
>
> Gary
>
>>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:40:15 GMT, "Timmy Ferrell"
> wrote:
>>
>>GTR has a couple of versions of Porsches...

I'll second that, the Cup mod is pretty nice. You can get it he
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/F1C/PCC03

What I would really like to see is two mods - modern Carrera Cup done on
top of the NR2003 GTP mod and A re-creation of the original IROC season 1-2
with the RSR 911's. I don't care if it is a NR2003 or F1C mod!

Old March 1st 05, 05:12 AM
crossbone

Let it be known that on Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:46:09 -0500, G. Patricks
> wrote:

>Does one exist, or a mod to something like Nascar 2003 or F1 99-02? I
>want something that is modeled fairly close to real 911 handling, not
>a NFS type game.

The Porsche Unleashed is actually the most sim of all the NFS games. Even older
than that (but still a good game) is ISI's Sports Car GT.
Old March 1st 05, 07:54 PM
G. Patricks

Now if I could get Limerock for F1 99-02 I would be in heaven...

Gary

Old March 2nd 05, 03:06 AM

G. Patricks wrote:
> Now if I could get Limerock for F1 99-02 I would be in heaven...

Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM
GTP Lives!!! Steve Smith Simulators 20 February 14th 05 04:59 AM
Mustang Returns to Sports Car Racing Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 0 January 29th 05 05:39 PM
Tough to Enter the Racing Sim Scene Chuck Simulators 14 November 10th 04 05:27 AM
FA: The Porsche Album "Die Porsche Kassette" Julian Standen Antique cars 0 February 27th 04 09:49 PM