turbonator

Old August 5th 05, 04:19 AM
D.K.R.

Wow, talk about a meandering thread. . .

I've noticed something on a few newsgroups lately which reminds me of
Godwin's law (As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a
comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (i.e. certainty).)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I think we should observe a new law.

StigNasty's law (As any online discussion(regardless of original topic)
grows longer, the probability of an argument about George W. Bush and
the war in Iraq approaches 1 (i.e. certainty).)

StigNasty

Old August 5th 05, 06:07 AM
Spike

Nope... I just heard about it from a guy who was in stir...

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 21:34:41 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> The other ya
>> really don't wanna know, do ya? : )
>>

> Only if you have video.

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old August 5th 05, 06:32 AM
Spike

Hank, one last response before I filter you out...
Is there anything else you whine about, or is the Bush bashing
anti-war propaganda all you have in your life?

Many have posted opposition to the war and to Bush. But they have
expressed respect for opposing views. They discuss in the manner of
adults. They don't lose their cool and go off half cocked spewing
biased, unfounded, unsubstantiated, slanderous allegations. It appears
that you do not understand that you should not be saying things you
can't prove. You don't discuss. You just echo the anti-war, anti-Bush
rhetoric.

Quite a number on both sides of the issues have already, or so I am
told, filtered you out. That alone should tell you something about the
way you present your views. It's like a child throwing a temper
tantrum.

Hopefully, someday, you will find something good for this nation to
work toward. Perhaps open a clinic in Niger, or something equally
humanitarian. That would earn you far more respect than spewing venom
as you do here.

Good luck in Killfile Land.

Old August 5th 05, 09:30 PM
Hank

Spike wrote:

> Hank, one last response before I filter you out...
> Is there anything else you whine about, or is the Bush bashing
> anti-war propaganda all you have in your life?

You shouldn't worry about me or my life. Focus on
the bu$h regime, and it lies, taxpayer theft, terrorism,
war crimes, and torture with regard to Iraq. It's costing
us a fortune (over $150 million per DAY) and we're
getting nothing for our money except dead and severely
wounded soldiers, dangerously low military recruitment,
more enemies, the loss of our global respect and
credibility, a weaker economy, record debt, a greater
risk of another terror attack in the U.S., and the neglect
of our needs here at home.
If you're not speaking out against the bu$h regime,
you're part of the problem.
HTH!

Old August 6th 05, 12:30 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

D.K.R. wrote:
> Wow, talk about a meandering thread. . .
>
> I've noticed something on a few newsgroups lately which reminds me of
> Godwin's law (As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a
> comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (i.e. certainty).)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Godwin is a net-nazi

> I think we should observe a new law.
>
> StigNasty's law (As any online discussion(regardless of original topic)
> grows longer, the probability of an argument about George W. Bush and
> the war in Iraq approaches 1 (i.e. certainty).)

This can't really count, because you have to understand that the
only point to Hank's life is to whine and froth unreasonaly about
*anything* slightly conservative or Republican. He will drop in anywhere
to spew his off topic screed no matter what the grou or the thread.

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG
Old August 6th 05, 12:33 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Spike wrote:
> Hank, one last response before I filter you out...
> Is there anything else you whine about, or is the Bush bashing
> anti-war propaganda all you have in your life?

There was the mini-van thing. As I said, you can not reason with a
kook. I forwarded a couple of posts to a very Liberal gay guy. He
laughed and says "what a maroon."

Old August 6th 05, 01:24 AM
Spike

This thread was my first experience with him, so I thought I'd give
him the benefit of doubt and some leeway, thinking maybe he would get
my point that you don't have to agree with other's views, but it's
nice to at least keep an open mind to other possibilities, and to
respect the fact that other people are entitled to have different
views. I even continued after reading your posts about him. I finally
gave up on him, and added another filter. My brother is the same way,
but he had a brain tumor the size of a baseball. Sad thing. Some of
the most intelligent people, and some of the nicest people can get in
a funk about something and it all becomes personal. Heck, my brother
thought I was sending him political jokes and cartoons to
intentionally make him mad; paranoia.

Oh, well. It would be a very dull world if we were all exactly alike.

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:33:56 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"

Old August 6th 05, 07:12 PM
Kidd Andersson

Joe wrote:

> Absolutely. And that's a great example of a sick-o mother that's
> hurting her kids and not helping them. The father was just as much at
> fault for not doing anything about it.

That's true too. Of course he could have been pussy-whipped as hell and
she just didn't listen to him. I missed that episode so I dunno.

> Why start it to begin with? Sure, I'm the first one in line to shower
> my kid with love and affection, but he can get that (and he certainly
> did get that and continues to get it) without sleeping in our bed.

We started it because no matter how hard we tried, Kai wouldn't sleep in
her bed. We tried everything you can imagine and as soon as you put her
down she would wake up screaming. My mother told me to let her cry
herself back to sleep. I tried, and it ended up just making me cry too.
Kai just had to be attached to me. If we put her in our bed for naps
even if we weren't in it, she could still smell me and that was good for
about half an hour. Then she was crying again. If I held her, she would
sleep for hours.
After the first few weeks of NO sleep for me trying to get her into her
own bed, we just let her sleep with us. We kept trying throughout this
time but it never worked.
Eventually (at about 11 months) I got her to take naps in her bed, but
when it was time to go down for the night, forget it.

And as an update, since I last posted about this I have been putting her
to bed in her own bed. I have to stay with her until she falls asleep
but it's a start. Some time in the middle of the night she wakes up and
crawls in bed with me, but you have to start somewhere.

> I guess on that point we'll agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong -
> it's fine to all pile in once in a while, but I don't believe in
> allowing kids to sleep with their parent(s) every night.

Lots of people have differing opinions on the family bed, just as
everything else. Like breastfeeding a child until they're 5. Ugh.

> Now that's a nice topic for another thread. I basically agree with
> you, but you know that within a nanosecond someone will pop up and ask
> who gets to determine the "line" where someone shouldn't breed.

I was waiting for that to come up, actually.

K.
Old August 6th 05, 07:14 PM
Kidd Andersson

Well that's Admiral...able of you....
Yeah okay. I can't play this game.

K.

Spike wrote:

> Of course, but that's Chiefly because it's a General subject and not a
> Private one.
>
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 02:16:53 GMT, Joe > wrote:
>

>>In general, of course.
>>

>>Spike > wrote in
m:

Old August 7th 05, 01:47 AM
Spike

Hear about the Private who drove his jeep over a box of popcorn and
killed two Colonels? : 0 )

And as far as who gets to decide who breeds and who doesn't.... China
has been doing that for quite some time, combined with the one child
per family law. If something happens to that child, technically, the
couple is not permitted to "replace" it by having another. It is done
though. That's a problem with girls in China having no value compared
to boys, so if the first born is a girl, it is not uncommon to
terminate her life with out notice to authorities about the birth, and
immediately trying for a boy.

I would guess, that as the ability to recognize genes and genetic
influence, we'll start seeing the parents as the ones who start the
ball rolling by genetically selecting what the child will be and what
attributes it will have. As the population begins to be extreme, the
government will likely step in and make what individuals have made a
normal practice, commonplace.

That id IF a disease or major war doesn't come along to greatly reduce
populations. I once read what the ratio was, for each male lost, to
the number of generations reduced (1:4, 1:8, something like that).

Fortunately, I don't expect to be around that long.

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:14:08 -0400, Kidd Andersson

: