Crook county justice and my ever lowering opinon of police officers

Old July 20th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Crook county justice and my ever lowering opinon of police officers

I was fighting a ticket for not stopping on a right on red when I had a
green light that had gone through yellow to red because I went through
the intersection slowly. (previously posted, I am not going into it again)

Court was a joke. The prosecutor made a joke at my expense, the judge
laughed and told him to stop. The cop lied or just made up memories as
he went along. Denied what we had talked about when he pulled me over
and more. Smirked in the process. I had said the same things I said in
court at the road side. When the cop denied this, it gave the judge
reason to sink me.

The judge just rolled his eyes when I brought up IL law and how
the intersection did not comply.

They (proscecutor and judge) decided that the road through a parking lot
was a real road and that 15mph was unbelievably slow for the area. The
judge finished by calling me a liar and fining me an extra $25 over the
mail in fine PLUS $30 in 'court costs' and put it to supervision,
for a total of $130. The internet traffic school and ticket would
have been $115 for the same end result.

It was a shakedown. Those pleading guilty got the same except for one
woman who had paid a cash bond. She got out with just losing the cash
bond because she didn't have the money in her pocket for the additional
graft. I guess at least I made them 'work' for it at least. Made them
stay a good half hour longer.

The prosecutor and clerk and baliff were all buddy-buddy. It appeared so
was the judge.

The judge called me a liar more or less... well to quote him, that I
created the whole story after the fact. Of course what I said to the cop
when he pulled me over was the same thing and since the cop denied our
conversation.... He stated it was because there is no way anyone would
drive that slow having a green light...

Can't win in this c(r)ook county shake down. There was no point in
fighting, it was rigged from the start. I am out an extra $15 for this,
plus some gas money for fighting it. I guess it only took me an hour or
so to prepare everything and 2 hours including travel time for the
court... at least it's less than 4 hours of online traffic school.

I drive to be slow and safe, get nabbed at a badly designed intersection.
Say as you might speed kills folks, but the bad **** happens every time I
go slow.

Old July 20th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Brent P wrote:
<about his court case>

I may disagree with your driving from time to time, and since I didn't
see what happened I can't comment on it here.

But I do sympathize with your court situation. It must suck being in
Crook County, and I already think your chicago mayor should be removed
from office. He should have an airplane parked in his driveway so
someone could bulldoze it. The driveway I mean.

Old July 20th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Brent P wrote: <brevity snip>

> The judge just rolled his eyes when I brought up IL law and how
> the intersection did not comply.

Duh.

> The
> judge finished by calling me a liar and fining me an extra $25 over the
> mail in fine PLUS $30 in 'court costs' and put it to supervision,
> for a total of $130. The internet traffic school and ticket would
> have been $115 for the same end result.

Duh.

> The prosecutor and clerk and baliff were all buddy-buddy. It appeared so
> was the judge.

Duh. Do you think they first met that morning...?!

> The judge called me a liar more or less...

Duh.

> I guess it only took me an hour or
> so to prepare

Duh-uuhhh... I presume you have an extensive legal background?

> I drive to be slow and safe, get nabbed at a badly designed intersection.
> Say as you might speed kills folks, but the bad **** happens every time I
> go slow.

Well... do you drive to be slow and safe... or only the sometimes when
the bad **** happens to you? Are we to believe your constant
encounters withs sloths are because you drive so slow and safe?

Jesus, your lying is equivalent to that of an 8 year old; no logical
basis and completely transparent.

What a dumbass.
-----

- gpsman

Old July 20th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

> said in rec.autos.driving:

> But I do sympathize with your court situation. It must suck being in
> Crook County,

As corrupt and morally bankrupt as "crook county," government is, I fail
to see why anyone would want to live there and why anyone with the means
doesn't move the hell out and not go into the area (or atleast stay out
of crook county) if at all possible.

Probablly explains why "gpsman," was so quick to defend them.

> and I already think your chicago mayor should be removed
> from office.

IMO, people of his ilk (pardon my going into Loco Laura mode) should be
locked up in the worst prison we can conceive of (Death would be too
good for them).

> He should have an airplane parked in his driveway so
> someone could bulldoze it. The driveway I mean.

Not sure I understand this reference.

Old July 20th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, gpsman wrote:

> Well... do you drive to be slow and safe... or only the sometimes when
> the bad **** happens to you? Are we to believe your constant
> encounters withs sloths are because you drive so slow and safe?

Well, maybe you drive 60mph through parking lots. I don't. Note they
redefined a parking lot drive as a 'road'.

> Jesus, your lying is equivalent to that of an 8 year old; no logical
> basis and completely transparent.

Because nobody would drive 15mph in a PARKING LOT. Hell, I was behind a
cop in the same parking lot 2 weeks ago on the same drive going the other
way and didn't even get the speedo off the peg.

> What a dumbass.

Aren't you the ****head. Well, I suppose you drive 60mph through parking
lots. The cop even testified it was a parking lot. But the judge over
looked that.

Old July 20th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default C(r)ook county and Meigs field

In article et>, necromancer wrote:

> As corrupt and morally bankrupt as "crook county," government is, I fail
> to see why anyone would want to live there and why anyone with the means
> doesn't move the hell out and not go into the area (or atleast stay out
> of crook county) if at all possible.

I suppose for those who don't mind being isolated from family picking up
and moving like that is no big deal. If you live in the chicago area
going into c(r)ook county isn't unavoidable.

> Probablly explains why "gpsman," was so quick to defend them.

He's just sniping at me as usual. He too wants to redefine a parkinglot
drive as a 'road'.

>> He should have an airplane parked in his driveway so
>> someone could bulldoze it. The driveway I mean.

> Not sure I understand this reference.

There was a small general aviation airport on northernly island. In the
middle of the night, without announcement, daley had bulldozers move in
and chop up the runway. Damn the owners of aircraft at Meigs.

Daley claimed it was to protect us from 'terrorists' who would use it to
take off and quickly smash a small aircraft into a sky scraper. Of
course that's total bull****. Meigs tower controlled and monitored the
airspace for downtown chicago and over the nearby portion of the lake.
Now, nobody is watching. However the air route along the lake is still
used. Just no place to land in case of an emergency and nobody
monitoring the airspace.

Like most everything else, what this was a mask for for Daley's long held
desire to turn Northerly Island into a park. What he had wanted to do for
years. He lived rather close by and my guess is he just wanted a big park
close to his home. While further away than daley, Meigs was a short bike
ride from where I lived in 1995. The airport produced very little noise
since it was out on the lake and McCormick place shielded anyone who
wasn't right on the water. Even right on the shore, a jet taking off
was actually less bothersome than one of those extremely loud stereos.
Something I witnessed a number of times while biking between the water
and mccormick place.

Old July 20th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

Brent P wrote:
> I was fighting a ticket for not stopping on a right on red when I had a
> green light that had gone through yellow to red because I went through
> the intersection slowly. (previously posted, I am not going into it again)
>
> Court was a joke. The prosecutor made a joke at my expense, the judge
> laughed and told him to stop. The cop lied or just made up memories as
> he went along. Denied what we had talked about when he pulled me over
> and more. Smirked in the process. I had said the same things I said in
> court at the road side. When the cop denied this, it gave the judge
> reason to sink me.

Time to carry a video or tape recorder along with you wherever you go.

Old July 20th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

> Brent P said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> I suppose for those who don't mind being isolated from family picking up
> and moving like that is no big deal. If you live in the chicago area
> going into c(r)ook county isn't unavoidable.

People do it all the time, although usually for economic reasons when
the CEO says move or go to the unemployment office.

> > Probablly explains why "gpsman," was so quick to defend them.

> He's just sniping at me as usual. He too wants to redefine a parkinglot
> drive as a 'road'.

Only because his darling, the government, decided that this particular
parking lot drive where your incident occurred needed to be a road.
Never mind that it appears that the only reason for the designation is
for the continued fleecing of the populace by the authorities. If you or
I were to suggest that some parking lot drive be designated a road, he'd
say we were "dumbasses." Unless, of course, some governmental revenue
manager had the same idea.

> >> He should have an airplane parked in his driveway so
> >> someone could bulldoze it. The driveway I mean.

> > Not sure I understand this reference.

> There was a small general aviation airport on northernly island. In the
> middle of the night, without announcement, daley had bulldozers move in
> and chop up the runway. Damn the owners of aircraft at Meigs.

AH, yes. Much clearer now.

> Daley claimed it was to protect us from 'terrorists' who would use it to
> take off and quickly smash a small aircraft into a sky scraper. Of
> course that's total bull****.

That's the impression I get now-a-days whenever someone says that we
need to do _____ to protect us from "terrorists." Its just another ruse
to cover up their real intentions.

> Meigs tower controlled and monitored the
> airspace for downtown chicago and over the nearby portion of the lake.
> Now, nobody is watching. However the air route along the lake is still
> used. Just no place to land in case of an emergency and nobody
> monitoring the airspace.

Maybe they could set down on Da Mayr's street if needed?

--

"My dash lights burned out years ago. Just
keep a cheapie flashlight on the seat."
Old July 20th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, Larry Bud wrote:

> Time to carry a video or tape recorder along with you wherever you go.

Yep. this has made the decision for me... going to check out the
electronic stores and maybe pony up for the one mentioned here a while back.
I'll build some sort of mount to the passenger side headrest.

Old July 20th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article et>, necromancer wrote:
>> Brent P said in rec.autos.driving:
>>
>> I suppose for those who don't mind being isolated from family picking up
>> and moving like that is no big deal. If you live in the chicago area
>> going into c(r)ook county isn't unavoidable.

> People do it all the time, although usually for economic reasons when
> the CEO says move or go to the unemployment office.

Most people do a lot of things they don't like. I don't like being in
crook county for a lot of reasons. but the reasons for staying still out
weigh the reasons for leaving.

>> > Probablly explains why "gpsman," was so quick to defend them.

>> He's just sniping at me as usual. He too wants to redefine a parkinglot
>> drive as a 'road'.

> Only because his darling, the government, decided that this particular
> parking lot drive where your incident occurred needed to be a road.
> Never mind that it appears that the only reason for the designation is
> for the continued fleecing of the populace by the authorities. If you or
> I were to suggest that some parking lot drive be designated a road, he'd
> say we were "dumbasses." Unless, of course, some governmental revenue
> manager had the same idea.

Of course. If I drove the 30mph+ that the court said I should have been
in a parking lot with pedestrains I'd be written up for reckless driving,
speeding, endangerment, etc. And gpsman would be consider it just because
it's a parking lot.

>> > Not sure I understand this reference.

>> There was a small general aviation airport on northernly island. In the
>> middle of the night, without announcement, daley had bulldozers move in
>> and chop up the runway. Damn the owners of aircraft at Meigs.

> AH, yes. Much clearer now.

>> Daley claimed it was to protect us from 'terrorists' who would use it to
>> take off and quickly smash a small aircraft into a sky scraper. Of
>> course that's total bull****.

> That's the impression I get now-a-days whenever someone says that we
> need to do _____ to protect us from "terrorists." Its just another ruse
> to cover up their real intentions.

"protect us from "terrorists."" is the newest addition to the following
list:

"for the children"
"for your safety"
"to protect us from the drug dealers"
"for your health"

>> Meigs tower controlled and monitored the
>> airspace for downtown chicago and over the nearby portion of the lake.
>> Now, nobody is watching. However the air route along the lake is still
>> used. Just no place to land in case of an emergency and nobody
>> monitoring the airspace.

> Maybe they could set down on Da Mayr's street if needed?

I think he's moved... his old residence is now probably underneath yet
another mccormickplace expansion. I know one my favorite autoparts stores
now is.