c6 exhaust

Old August 19th 04, 03:33 PM
JD

Default c6 exhaust

Anybody know if the c6 exhaust system can be adapted to a 1999 hardtop?

Thanks,
Jess

Old August 19th 04, 03:40 PM
Bob G.

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:33:32 GMT, "JD" >
wrote:

>Anybody know if the c6 exhaust system can be adapted to a 1999 hardtop?
>
>Thanks,
>Jess
>
>=======================================

Hope I see my 1st C6 in Carlisle, and I sure do not know much about
the thing (yet)....

But I am curious as to why you are asking the question... ? It the
new system being hailed as the greatest thing on earth ..?

Inquiring minds?

Bob Griffiths
68 SS396 Chevelle
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Old August 19th 04, 04:45 PM
Tedd Riggs

Yes and no. It could be, but is a totally different design.C6 mufflers are
straight like the older vettes, C5 are sideways. Also why the C6 exhaust ?
There is nothing all that special to it. Keep your eyes on Corsa as they
are working on the C6 system now and whenever they post the pictures, you
can see it is a totally different system then a C5.
Look here and you can see the C6 mufflers.
http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105381.JPG
http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105382.JPG
http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105387.JPG

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

Old August 19th 04, 05:29 PM
Dad

"JD" > wrote in message
m...
> Anybody know if the c6 exhaust system can be adapted to a 1999 hardtop?
>
> Thanks,
> Jess

Won't even come close to working, won't fit the old floor pan.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 20th 04, 12:57 AM
Bob I

Not so it would be anything but a 3 week job for a stainless welder. Why
pray tell would you even consider such an idea?!?!?

Old August 20th 04, 04:35 AM
Larry Wallerstein

Tedd Riggs > wrote in message
> Yes and no. It could be, but is a totally different design.C6 mufflers

are
> straight like the older vettes, C5 are sideways. Also why the C6 exhaust ?
> There is nothing all that special to it. Keep your eyes on Corsa as they
> are working on the C6 system now and whenever they post the pictures, you
> can see it is a totally different system then a C5.
> Look here and you can see the C6 mufflers.
> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105381.JPG
> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105382.JPG
> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105387.JPG
>
> --
> Tedd Riggs
> Redmond, WA
> 1998 C5 6 spd

I just put Corsa Indy Pace Tigersharks on my brand new (1,120 miles since
7/10/04) C5.
The change in both looks and sound is phenomenol. Quieter than a mouse at
1500 rpm at 65 mph in 6th, but with a nice burble (akin to a power boat) at
idle, and a roar when standing on it. Much nicer than the stock mufflers,
and tips taken off.

Reportedly there is a slight increase in horsepower as well.

I'd wait for Corsa on C6 mufflers and tips.

Now, onward to the Nightwing intakes......... with K&Ns, and a Hotchkiss
sway bars.

Old August 20th 04, 04:40 AM
JD

I should have said mufflers only and not complete exhaust system. Appears
to be less restrictive than on C5.

Thanks,
Jess

m...

Old August 20th 04, 09:02 AM
Tedd Riggs

I put on the Bassani X-Pipe and the Corsa Indy Pace Pro Tips on my 98.
Whoa...love the sound and looks. Nice and quiet at cruising speed, but WOT
in the lower gears at about 3000 RPM and....well not to silent,sounds great
! I like the "Powerboat Idle" That is the main reason a fair amount of
people don't like the Corsa's. I like them as one of the best Tips and
overall quality I have seen and the almost "exotic" car sound at higher
RPM's. Corsa just got a C6 last week, told me probably Oct-Nov for it to go
on sale. First will be the stainless version followed a month or two later
the Titanium version.
Tedd

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

"Larry Wallerstein" > wrote in message

> Tedd Riggs > wrote in message
>> Yes and no. It could be, but is a totally different design.C6 mufflers

> are
>> straight like the older vettes, C5 are sideways. Also why the C6 exhaust
>> ?
>> There is nothing all that special to it. Keep your eyes on Corsa as they
>> are working on the C6 system now and whenever they post the pictures, you
>> can see it is a totally different system then a C5.
>> Look here and you can see the C6 mufflers.
>> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105381.JPG
>> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105382.JPG
>> http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/albums...w/P7105387.JPG
>>
>> --
>> Tedd Riggs
>> Redmond, WA
>> 1998 C5 6 spd

> I just put Corsa Indy Pace Tigersharks on my brand new (1,120 miles since
> 7/10/04) C5.
> The change in both looks and sound is phenomenol. Quieter than a mouse
> at
> 1500 rpm at 65 mph in 6th, but with a nice burble (akin to a power boat)
> at
> idle, and a roar when standing on it. Much nicer than the stock
> mufflers,
> and tips taken off.
>
> Reportedly there is a slight increase in horsepower as well.
>
> I'd wait for Corsa on C6 mufflers and tips.
>
> Now, onward to the Nightwing intakes......... with K&Ns, and a Hotchkiss
> sway bars.

rubber coupling between trans / driveshaft Chris D'Agnolo BMW 12 January 5th 05 09:43 AM
Leaking exhaust Ulf BMW 10 December 10th 04 05:12 PM
Exhaust mods for 97 e36 M3, are they worth it? Abs BMW 9 December 2nd 04 05:22 AM
Alfa exhaust original vs pattern??? DJ Alfa Romeo 13 October 30th 04 10:05 PM