PT "missing" at idle...

Old November 21st 04, 08:31 PM
BREWERPAUL

>You should post what yr your vehicle is if you want to know about the latest
>TSB's,

Forgot that: it's an '03

******************************
Got wood?
Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair
prices...http://www.Busmanwhistles.com

Old November 21st 04, 08:32 PM
BREWERPAUL

>hmm you did post the yr, my bad!! where was i at?

Where was I at too? I believed you and reposted the year. Guess both of our
brains are misfiring too... :-)

******************************

Old November 21st 04, 08:32 PM
BREWERPAUL

Old November 21st 04, 08:39 PM
Punch

"pottsy" > wrote in message
> hiya,
>
> had the same thing on the '04 Cruiser, after changing the cat (still
> missing) the dealer then changed the plugs and the problem mostly went
> away (the engine still occasionally takes time to "wake up" after overrun
> i.e. no immediate throttle response, the dealer said this was the fuel
> computer resetting itself (?) and is normal. Needless to say the dealer
> doesn't get the regular service work.
>
> the engine check idiot light never came on.
>
> the dealer did say that the standard plugs were a known fault and that
> japanese plugs performed much better in this engine.

sounds like you've been taken for a ride, why change the cat due to an idle
problem, and I hope it was under warranty, also what is a fuel control
computer??

Old November 21st 04, 08:39 PM
Punch

Old November 21st 04, 09:50 PM
maxpower

The TSB for the plug wires and plugs was for the 2004 PT but if you are
still under 3/36 the wires will be covered

Old November 21st 04, 09:50 PM
maxpower

Old November 21st 04, 11:14 PM
TOM KAN PA

I have a 2001. I just had my mechanic change the plugs at 30,000. His labor
charge was $45, the dealer wanted $115. Was there a SB stating that the plugs
in the 2001 causing a problem?
The dealer also wanted $75 to change the power steering fluid.
I opted out on this seeing that I couldn't find this reccomended service in the
owner's manual at any mileage.

Old November 22nd 04, 01:21 AM
Bill Putney

BREWERPAUL wrote:

> Hi-- My '03 Cruiser with 18K miles seems to be missfiring at idle when warmed
> up. It'll be running smoothly, then it will miss . Usually it's only one miss,
> but sometimes there will be two or even three in a row. While waiting at the
> average traffic light, this might happen several times. The car runs fine while
> actually driving.
> It may or may not be related, but in the past several weeks I've had a hard
> time starting the car first thing in the morning. Most days it's fine, but
> about 3 times I've really had to crank it for a LONG time before the engine
> caught. Nights are getting cooler in upstate NY, but not really cold yet (30's
> -4o's).
> The dealer tells me there is a TSB calling for a different type of plug and new
> plug wires. Think this will fix both problems? FWIW-- on separate occasions
> they've already replaced two plugs on this relatively low mileage car...

Is it possible that a throttle body cleaning would remedy this problem?

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')