Alternator

Old April 13th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Alternator

I'm replacing the alternator in my 02 PT Cruiser this weekend, any
pointers?

Old April 14th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Andrusbk wrote:
> I'm replacing the alternator in my 02 PT Cruiser this weekend, any
> pointers?

If a 2.4L in a PT Cruiser is anything like a 2.4L in a Stratus, there
is not a lot of room to work. I would suggest obtaining a factory
service manual if you can. It should provide the best way to do it.

I have to wonder if the engineers and designers ever take into account
those that will have to work on these cars when they design them.

-KM

Old April 15th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> I have to wonder if the engineers and designers ever take into account
> those that will have to work on these cars when they design them.

In the 80s Chrysler got several awards for engine room accessibility.
I agree with the 4 80s FWD Chrysler products we owned.
My 2005 Concord is also very easy to work on under the hood, in fact
anywhere it is easy to work on.

Those days are not here anymore with the 2001 Sebring my wife has.
That very low hood not only makes under hood access difficult, one
critical under hood item is no longer there- the battery, but it makes
it very difficult to judge front position when parking. Much like the
VW Beetles with which I clipped the front corners a few times.

Looking at the Caliber I'd say it should be quite accessible under the
hood,
in fact the battery has returned to it's rightful place there. <
Old April 15th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Spam Hater wrote:
> In article .com>,
> " > wrote:
>

>>I have to wonder if the engineers and designers ever take into account
>>those that will have to work on these cars when they design them.

> In the 80s Chrysler got several awards for engine room accessibility.
> I agree with the 4 80s FWD Chrysler products we owned.
> My 2005 Concord is also very easy to work on under the hood, in fact
> anywhere it is easy to work on.

Hmmm - you obviously have not had to do anything with the headlights or
replace the thermostat (and you probably know about the battery).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

battery - alternator charging questions Bill Technology 9 September 27th 05 02:53 PM
97 Suburban & Mean-Green Alternator [email protected] 4x4 20 August 16th 05 09:09 PM
Re(2): Jeep alternator Daniel J. Stern Technology 12 March 4th 05 09:29 PM
Alternator woes Mike VW water cooled 4 February 8th 05 11:55 PM
My alternator problems are driving me crazy! Please some help here. Raven Saturn 6 August 22nd 04 12:19 AM